Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default GSW and Mem trade rumor

Ric Bucher is saying that Warrrios and grizz are in talk for Monta+FILLER for Gay.

Let's say the grizzlies use amnesty on Conley, then trade Gay for Monta + D.Wright, and would also then have the space to resign M.Gasol.

Gasol
Zbo
Wright
Allen
Monta

Bench: Mayo, Arthur, Haddadi, Vasquez

That team would be very balanced, one thing they lacked was backcourt scoring, now monta solves that, wright would also help spread the court.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: GSW and Mem trade rumor

Makes sense for both teams. Like it a lot.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not big on it from the Grizzlies perspective but could see them doing it. If that does go down, I can see them trying to swap Mayo for another guard off the bench..Foye maybe
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #4
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

im not seeing why they should get rid of conley. especially using their one time amnesty on him.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
33teeth
Good High School Starter

33teeth has an OK reputation so far

Yeah I don't really see Monta as a PG.
33teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
zac
Local High School Star

zac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat cool

This won't happen, I typed up a huge response in the other thread before it got deleted but it just won't. Conley was killer last season and is worth the money and is the type of PG a team like the Grizzlies needs. I'd be afraid Monta would come in and want to take over the games and be selfish and not play the was the Grizzlies play, which is through their bigs first.
zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
im not seeing why they should get rid of conley. especially using their one time amnesty on him.

well if they get monta, they wont need conley, and also to make the cap to resign Gasol
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
well if they get monta, they wont need conley, and also to make the cap to resign Gasol
If they're dumb enough to just dump Conley Indy'll take him for a 2nd rounder
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
If they're dumb enough to just dump Conley Indy'll take him for a 2nd rounder
How is Collison?Also i saw you make a trade proposal that included Roy Hibbert in another thread, I thought those two were players you want to build around not get rid of.

On topic,this doesnt make sense for the warriors future we take on a bigger contract and next year curry is a restricted free agent since we are getting rid of Ellis that would mean Curry we are commited to Curry but where will we get money to pay him?
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Conley outplayed Tony Parker last postseason. he is definitely a keeper.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
How is Collison?Also i saw you make a trade proposal that included Roy Hibbert in another thread, I thought those two were players you want to build around not get rid of.

On topic,this doesnt make sense for the warriors future we take on a bigger contract and next year curry is a restricted free agent since we are getting rid of Ellis that would mean Curry we are commited to Curry but where will we get money to pay him?
That was in a Rondo deal, and was something I was sort of 50/50 on, but if Rondo was coming here (which he's not now) those're the kinda assets that'd have to be moved I imagine. I don't really WANT to move anyone, especially Hibbert and Paul George is untouchable, but gotta give to get in a solid trade.

Anyway, DC's alright, but if the team wants to be elite again sometime he shouldn't be the starter. Defense is terrible (good as he is with the PnR offensively you'd think he'd have a clue how to defend it), doesn't see the floor well at all, just too damn small. In an ideal world he makes for an absolutely perfect offensive backup that can play big minutes if need be.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
zac
Local High School Star

zac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat cool

Alright I've been thinking about it. I don't want to do it because I love Rudy but if for some reason the Grizzlies are set on trading him for Monta (who they seem to love) then this is the trade that make sense for both teams and work out with the Trade Machine.

Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo for Monta Ellis, Dorrell Wright, and Ekpe Udoh.

I'd really hate to lose Rudy and OJ but who knows if the Grizzlies will even resign OJ (probably won't) and they'd be getting what they need out of the trade.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

This has all the potential for messing up that core of guys that jelled so well last season in Memphis. Clearly Ellis is a huge talent but I'm not sure he fits with that system, particularly at the PG spot. If he's not getting all the touches he wants, he's going to have a problem.

It really could go both ways. Frankly, I'm taking the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach... Memphis should try and resign Battier and keep at it without shaking up a formula that clearly worked for them last season.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
zac
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
This has all the potential for messing up that core of guys that jelled so well last season in Memphis. Clearly Ellis is a huge talent but I'm not sure he fits with that system, particularly at the PG spot. If he's not getting all the touches he wants, he's going to have a problem.

It really could go both ways. Frankly, I'm taking the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach... Memphis should try and resign Battier and keep at it without shaking up a formula that clearly worked for them last season.
You're right on point, Memphis would still keep Conley if they even did a deal like I said made sense. The line up would be something like:

Conley/Selby/Vasquez/Ellis
Ellis/Allen/Selby/
Wright/Henry/Young
Randolph/Arthur/Udoh
Gasol/Arthur/Hadaddi

I'm still not sold on the idea but for what Memphis needs and will need beyond this coming year, it makes sense on paper.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Ric Bucher is saying that Warrrios and grizz are in talk for Monta+FILLER for Gay.

Let's say the grizzlies use amnesty on Conley, then trade Gay for Monta + D.Wright, and would also then have the space to resign M.Gasol.

Gasol
Zbo
Wright
Allen
Monta

Bench: Mayo, Arthur, Haddadi, Vasquez

That team would be very balanced, one thing they lacked was backcourt scoring, now monta solves that, wright would also help spread the court.

I think that Mayo has too much talent and is paid too much to be a bench player. If Memphis doesn't plan to play him, then they should look for opportunities to trade him.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: