Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board
Default Say Dwight doesn't go to NJ..

What will Deron Williams do? Lets assume Brook Lopez is a 20/8 player next year and continues his decent play from the end of the season.. and the Nets pick up a decent FA with all of their cap room. Where could Deron possibly go if he wanted to leave that would be better?

The Bulls? They have Rose.
Boston? They have Rondo.
OKC? They have Westbrook.
Miami? No cap room.
Knicks? They're getting CP3 before him[which makes sense since CP3 is a passer first which will make him fit better with two pure scorers]
Lakers? They're trying to get Dwight.. not going to get another superstar over the summer.
Dallas? Pretty sure they wouldn't be able to afford him.
Memphis? Pretty sure they have a lot of other guys they are going to try and keep.

What good team in a nice market could Deron possibly be targeting? All of the best teams in the league already have a great point guard, or they cant afford him.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Say Dwight doesn't go to NJ..

hypothetical scenario inside another hypothetical scenario . . .

truth is i have no idea. too many moving parts to know anything for sure.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was listening to Billy King on the radio today, and they said they have no intentions of trading him at all, and are trying to get "bigger" players. He couldn't say specifically, but obviously Dwight is the first name that one thinks of. Joe & Even were also mentioning Nene as a possibility.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

Lakers or Dallas i'd say. Dallas actually has the possibility of signing him next year if they amnesty haywood and kidd retires.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #5
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

He goes to whatever team doesn't get Chris Paul (Clippers or Knicks)
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You left out the LA Clippers! I hope Brooklyn is appealing enough for him.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quata
Lakers or Dallas i'd say. Dallas actually has the possibility of signing him next year if they amnesty haywood and kidd retires.
But that would require them not making any more moves this season which is extremely doubtful. Also Dwight joining an older Dirk and no one else? Doesn't sound that enticing.

I say right now it's between OKC, LA (both LAs) and Chicago if Orlando ends up trading him.

If he makes to free agency, it's between the Clips, Knicks and Nets.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #8
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Orlando.....
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #9
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
Orlando.....
I doubt Dwight stays in Orlando though. He's definitely going to end up leaving for a real contender.

As far as the Clippers go.. I dont know.. I dont see Deron leaving the Brooklyn Nets to go the the second tier team in LA. Plus, they'll have a few guys theyll have to pay up to keep in the future in DeAndre Jordan and Eric Gordon, assuming they dont trade those guys for Dwight in the first place, which would eliminate the Clips as a destination for Deron anyways. I actually think Eric Gordon has more potential than Deron does for the future too.

I guess the Clippers are one team he could go to though. But they're really the only team he could go to. The Lakers too if they dont get Dwight.. shit. I really hope Brook explodes this year.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: