Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #31
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Just Started "The Wire"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnin4HoLeS
You will never See Lord Farquad the same lol
Wait what
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #32
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Gunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
Wait what
Gunnin4HoLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #33
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I've never watched one episode of The Wire. I'll get to it...
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #34
Lucifer
Banned

Lucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnin4HoLeS
So.. SOA is coming to an End,
All caught up with Dexter
still waitin on Madmen
just finished the Sopranos last week

so i stumbled on the Wire.. I chose it over Entourage.. good choice? What can I expect.. ive heard its one of the best shows ever put out (According to TIME) ...Opinions on the show anyone?

lol you sound exactly like me. I caught up with Dexter winter 2010/2011. Then I started watching The Sopranos. I had a choice between Mad Men, Entourage, and The Wire, but went with Entourage to change it up a bit with a comedy. Loved it, especially the first 5 seasons. I highly recommend you start Entourage then switch to The Wire. You really need to sit down and take in everything that's going on. Brilliant show.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #35
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation here

Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #36
tbc
I brick open layups

tbc has an OK reputation so far

I would seriously pay to get the wire erased from my memory just so I could watch it again with no knowledge of the show.

I've seen a lot of tv shows but most of them don't even come close.There are so many subplots,characters etc and all of those are fully developed,I dunno how that guy above can say that it's all bland.

Hell,they could probably skip all the cops,gangstas & politics stuff and just do a show on Omar robbing drug dealers and it would still kick ass.
tbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #37
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NXU...eature=related
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #38
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
this is awesome. great quotes too

"im just a gangster i suppose. and i want my corners"
"come at the king, you best not miss"
"show them some other kinda game, and thats what they'll play"

man i gotta rewatch s2-5
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #39
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I'm going to start watching the next show that The Wire creators started working on that I think Ridonks talks about in Treme. Currently downloading them, but they are downloading verrrry slow for me so its a pain in the ass waiting so far.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #40
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

come at the king you best not miss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP-lrftLQaQ
weebay ate that shit i was so mad he was gone after the first season, ill go a few more for some potato salad.

Last edited by Styles p : 12-02-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #41
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Just started watching this on HBO GO a few months ago (which is awesome by the way and everyone needs to take advantage of it). Love the show. I'm in the middle of the 3rd season. I got to admit though. I felt the 2nd season wasn't anywhere near as good as the 1st. I felt the Barksdale/Stringer angle was way better then the whole stevedore angle, but when sh*t got crazy at the end it was pretty awesome. 3rd season is awesome too.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #42
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Gunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Just started watching this on HBO GO a few months ago (which is awesome by the way and everyone needs to take advantage of it). Love the show. I'm in the middle of the 3rd season. I got to admit though. I felt the 2nd season wasn't anywhere near as good as the 1st. I felt the Barksdale/Stringer angle was way better then the whole stevedore angle, but when sh*t got crazy at the end it was pretty awesome. 3rd season is awesome too.
Starting a new series is like opening up a new book! i cant wait .. i wanna get home and finish this show~
Old 12-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #43
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

The cheeeeeeeeese stands alone
Old 01-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #44
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Just wanted to update you guys and let yall know I finished the entire series......So Sick!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #45
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

one of the best and realest feeling shows ever. Its a must watch.

My name in my Avatar, "Michael Lee", is from the show.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: