Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-02-2011, 02:52 AM   #16
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chris Paul informs NO that he wants to be traded to Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel06
I agree, not havin to be main option will keep him healthier. But either way, unless we'r stupid enough to use it now, we still have the amnesty, for either CP or God forbid Stat, if the knee goes.

we cant amnesty cp3, but we can on stat
amnesty can only be used on players on your roster pre-cba
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #17
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good read: http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011...s-paul-to-n-y/

We could give CP3 the maximum contract.

Quote:
If the Hornets eventually surrender and deal him to New York, Paul’s Bird Rights go with him. He must then become a free agent, either by declining his player option for 2012-13, or accepting that option, playing that season and becoming a free agent in the summer of 2013. By entering free agency as a Knick, Paul would escape the limitations in years and money that would come with engaging in a Carmelo-type extend-and-trade deal under this new collective bargaining agreement.

• The last step is easy: Sign a five-year, $100 million extension with New York. The Knicks would have his Bird Rights, so they could exceed the cap as much as they wish to retain Paul.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

The money isnt an issue but can the Knicks get him here before summer 2012 is the tricky part.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Please explain where you are concerned for a failure.

If the knicks can pull of the miracle of getting him I will take the chance.

I agree.I mean it's not like we have a PG here that is risky losing. I'd give up Toney Douglas for free,so I'd damn sure give him up for Chris Paul.As for Chauncey,we all know he's only here for the time being.He really doesnt want to be here. You got a chance to get arguably the best pg in the league....go get him. The only players who are of major value on our team are not goign to be included in the trade
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Once again it becomes clear why the Carmelo Anthony trade was a stupid move for the Knicks. The Knicks can't even make a realistic financial deal with the Hornets, let alone value wise.

Unless the Hornets decide to throw both New York and Chris Paul a bone and just take whatever offered, dealing for Paul to become a Knicks is essentially impossible.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Once again it becomes clear why the Carmelo Anthony trade was a stupid move for the Knicks. The Knicks can't even make a realistic financial deal with the Hornets, let alone value wise.

Unless the Hornets decide to throw both New York and Chris Paul a bone and just take whatever offered, dealing for Paul to become a Knicks is essentially impossible.
Its not as cut and dry. Melo didnt want to possibly lose money not knowing the landscape of the new CBA deal. I do believe the Knicks felt obligated to give Melo what he wanted because he stuck his neck out for the team.

CP3 is in a different situation but just as complicated if not more because the league is running that team and who is going to buy that team with no players. CP3 gone and West gone. So CP3 has backed the league into a corner... Its going to be interesting.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

KO, do you think someone will get him as a rental?

I don't, so they will take our little, or lose him for nothing.

I can see a third team being involved, possibly Minny again.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

But if Melo wasn't here, Paul wasn't going to come anyway.
The deal isn't impossible at all. If Chris Paul or his agent says, right now, I'm going to NY and NY only. The Hornets can either get some of our players or lose him for nothing. It's really as simple as that. It's the same with the Melo deal.The Hornets can trade him to a team willing to take the risk of him re-signing a la NJ At the end of the day, the Hornets can play hardball, but Paul holds the key to his future...and rightfully so. I though the purpose of being a FREE agent is to be able to freely go wherever you want.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #24
redrich2000
I brick open layups

redrich2000 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Good read: http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011...s-paul-to-n-y/

We could give CP3 the maximum contract.

Excellent article, particularly that the small teams get there stars for at least 5-6 years. That is much better than what supporters of small teams in football (soccer) get. For example Everton in England developed Wayne Rooney from when he was a kid, at 16 he burst on the scene and within 12 months was sold to Machester United. Everton got $24m, which arguably gave us the opportunity to build a stronger team, but the fans missed out on seeing anything but a brief glimpse of Rooney in an Everton shirt.
redrich2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:23 AM   #25
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if paul and dwight are gone in the offseason, i can c deron wanting to join
Old 12-07-2011, 03:28 AM   #26
bluechox2
#knickstape

say chris paul gets dealt to us..

what should we do with our mid level exception?
sign a decent center for the full or split it, or sign a decent sg (crawford,richardson,bulter) who are willing to take full mle if offered (i know crawford is)
Old 12-07-2011, 06:44 AM   #27
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
say chris paul gets dealt to us..

what should we do with our mid level exception?
sign a decent center for the full or split it, or sign a decent sg (crawford,richardson,bulter) who are willing to take full mle if offered (i know crawford is)

Spend on big men. Every exception available at that should be spent on bigs.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #28
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I agree with Knickscity but I don'tthink we can go wrong either way. If you get a quality SG, with Paul @ PG, you can be deadly. I wouldn't, however, look at crawford or butler. They are more hybrid guys. I'd want a classic, knock down SG. A pure shooter. Paul could potentially lead the league in assists.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #29
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I agree with Knickscity but I don'tthink we can go wrong either way. If you get a quality SG, with Paul @ PG, you can be deadly. I wouldn't, however, look at crawford or butler. They are more hybrid guys. I'd want a classic, knock down SG. A pure shooter. Paul could potentially lead the league in assists.
He's among the league leaders in assists even though he has "solid at best" teammates and his team is 29th in pace.

I'm sure his numbers would rise up dramatically when he would be playing with Melo and Amare,two of the best offensive players in the league on a high paced team.(2nd in the league).

If he gets total control on the offensive end I think he could average 13 assists.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #30
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
He's among the league leaders in assists even though he has "solid at best" teammates and his team is 29th in pace.

I'm sure his numbers would rise up dramatically when he would be playing with Melo and Amare,two of the best offensive players in the league on a high paced team.(2nd in the league).

If he gets total control on the offensive end I think he could average 13 assists.

I can definitely see Paul having double digit assists, even not too farfetched to see assists in the mid teens, if D'antoni plans on running the offense like when Nash had the drivers seat.

12-14 assists if a reasonable number, due to our faster pace, as he could get at least 6 from feeding Stat alone.

BTW Clutch, his team mates last season were really were not good, cementing the greatness of a Chris Paul.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: