Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #16
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Valanciunas May Join Raptors This Season

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=382022

Big V ain't coming this year.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #17
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
did you guys watch okc in the playoffs last year?

don't forget last year was only his sophomore season.
if he were in a different situation you'd really see what he is capable of.

he would easily be the best player on the raps.

I'm really excited for DeRozan this year, with all the work it appears he puts in. You think Harden would be better than a much improved DeRozan? Maybe we'll have to wait and see until we know how improved DDR actually is.

As for Valanciunas, a year overseas to develop can only help some more. He has been doing awesome every time he suits up for Lithuania (U-19 and National Team), and even though I was sceptical on draft night, everything since has pointed to us getting a good one.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #18
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
If Valanciunas really decides to play in the NBA this season I can definitely picture BC trading Ed Davis.

that would absolutely be a very bad move.

keep Valanciunas in Europe and let him develop there. Get him here next year when he matures and develops further. Bringing him here now and throwing him into fire is really going to affect his mindset and development.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #19
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
I'm really excited for DeRozan this year, with all the work it appears he puts in. You think Harden would be better than a much improved DeRozan? Maybe we'll have to wait and see until we know how improved DDR actually is.

As for Valanciunas, a year overseas to develop can only help some more. He has been doing awesome every time he suits up for Lithuania (U-19 and National Team), and even though I was sceptical on draft night, everything since has pointed to us getting a good one.

this is Derozan's last year to show major development in his game.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #20
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72

While i believe derozan will be improved harden is a far superior player in almost all aspects of the game and I expect he will have a major breakout year.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:45 AM   #21
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

No. He. Won't.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:07 AM   #22
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing

Because you said so, or...

Management has given Bargs longer than this, and DeRozan is a far tougher player, which means a lot, who has quite a bit of potential. Even if he doesn't show major improvements this year, which I don't think is possible, he'll be kept around longer.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:10 AM   #23
skan72
Deep dick pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
While i believe derozan will be improved harden is a far superior player in almost all aspects of the game and I expect he will have a major breakout year.

I expect DeRozan to have a major breakout year, too. Statistically he was not great last year, but put up 17 a game. I expect him to elevate that a bit while shooting a way better percentage from deep and contributing across the board. I could see him as our go to guy this year, honestly. I think he has the instincts to be the man, but maybe I'm delusional.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #24
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing

I highly doubt that. He showed exponential improvement last year in his sophomore season. Better midrange shot, handles and man to man defense. Once his three point shot improves he will be a very versatile and dangerous scorer. I don't think anybody would write him off after one bad or paralleled season.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #25
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Its hard for me to picture Harden getting enough touches on OKC to prove himself. Hes behind KD and Westbrook two scorers, and one of them is the best scorer in the game right now. I can't see a guy like Harden getting enough touches to even prove that he is more than 10 mill let alone 14.

As for Derozan, he is the one player that I'm excited about for this upcoming season. After last season's improvements it would be intriguing to see what he does this season. I am hoping that he worked on his handle and his range, those skills he was still severely lacking as of last year.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #26
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you look at how much DeRozan improved his midrange game last year, I'm sure he's been working on his range to make him even more dangerous.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #27
skan72
Deep dick pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I highly doubt that. He showed exponential improvement last year in his sophomore season. Better midrange shot, handles and man to man defense. Once his three point shot improves he will be a very versatile and dangerous scorer. I don't think anybody would write him off after one bad or paralleled season.

Exactly. It'd be nice to see him hit the glass more too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: