Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Billups/Turiaf for Chandler/Barea makes so much sense itīs scary...

Knicks get their PG/C.

Mavs get the best one year rent deal they could possibly hope for, and retain their 2012 capspace, since both are expiring contracts.

Barea
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Mavs

Kidd/Billups/Roddy
Rudy/Terry/Jones
Marion/Brewer/Peja
Dirk/Turiaf 10 minutes /Cardinal
Haywood/Turiaf 10 minutes/Mahinmi
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Billups/Turiaf for Chandler/Barea makes so much sense itīs scary...

scary?
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I would love to get Barea in any Tyson deal
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
pmj
High School Varsity 6th Man

pmj has decent reputationpmj has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Knicks get their PG/C.

Mavs get the best one year rent deal they could possibly hope for, and retain their 2012 capspace, since both are expiring contracts.

Barea
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Mavs

Kidd/Billups/Roddy
Rudy/Terry/Jones
Marion/Brewer/Peja
Dirk/Turiaf 10 minutes /Cardinal
Haywood/Turiaf 10 minutes/Mahinmi

It's good for the Mavs, but definitely kills any chance at CP3 for the Knicks. Which honestly in my opinion is good for them, CP3 was a pipe dream anyway, and it would have taken too long to build around it if they signed him as a FA.
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

JJ Barea is not a starting pg in the NBA
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmj
It's good for the Mavs, but definitely kills any chance at CP3 for the Knicks. Which honestly in my opinion is good for them, CP3 was a pipe dream anyway, and it would have taken too long to build around it if they signed him as a FA.
thats what i thought
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
JJ Barea is not a starting pg in the NBA

Heīs better than Douglas till Nash arrives.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
pmj
High School Varsity 6th Man

pmj has decent reputationpmj has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Heīs better than Douglas till Nash arrives.

Exactly, you can try to set it up so that when Nash inevitably gets let go, either this season or next, you actually have a team there.

If they had to wait another whole season of saving money for CP3, they'd have to wait till the season after that to even get the MLE, wasting two years of Amare and Melo, and a year of CP3.

Plus, you know Chandler/Dirk destroyed Bosh/Haslem, I'd imagine Chandler/Amare would do the same.
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster

Nash is older than dirt now, not so sure how effective he'd be in a season or two.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #10
HurricaneKid
National High School Star

HurricaneKid has not been impressing people

This makes no sense to me at all. I think NYK are signing Chandler to become even more attractive for CP3; maybe they can trade Amare to NO for Paul. I see no other reason to pay Chandler 60M over the next 4 years.
HurricaneKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #11
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I literally said the same exact thing in my "Tyson to NY?!?!" thread that I made literally the minutes the story broke from Berger. I'd like some credit or something lol
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #12
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
This makes no sense to me at all. I think NYK are signing Chandler to become even more attractive for CP3; maybe they can trade Amare to NO for Paul. I see no other reason to pay Chandler 60M over the next 4 years.

So what do you think makes sense? That they sign and trade Chandler for Billups and the NBA Hornets throw Paul in for free as an early Christmas present?

If the Knicks have decided on Chandler that is the perfect deal for both teams.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
kenny817
Good High School Starter

kenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
I literally said the same exact thing in my "Tyson to NY?!?!" thread that I made literally the minutes the story broke from Berger. I'd like some credit or something lol
Props lol...good call sir
kenny817 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #14
SmackOrH.A.K
Good High School Starter

SmackOrH.A.K has decent reputationSmackOrH.A.K has decent reputation

barea would be the worst starting PG in the league. he's a great energizer off the bench, but no way in hell can he run an offense. especially if the knicks are runnin' and gunnin'
SmackOrH.A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: