Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Rod Higgins is an absolute idiot

From Bonnell:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Higgins
"Boris will probably play a lot for us at 5,'' Higgins told the Observer Tuesday morning. "I don't think it's a problem when Boris guards a Ryan Holllins -- or even a Dwight Howard."

Really? 6-8 Boris freakin Diaw can play the 5 and guard Dwight Howard?

Kwame is gonna play on a 1 year contract for $7million at Golden State. The cats are $6million under the cap and with exceptions could have easily gotten Kwame to sign. What would be the risk? It's a 1 year deal. It's not like 7 footers grow on trees. Where is Rich Cho?

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Default Re: Rod Higgins is an absolute idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
From Bonnell:

Really? 6-8 Boris freakin Diaw can play the 5 and guard Dwight Howard?

Kwame is gonna play on a 1 year contract for $7million at Golden State. The cats are $6million under the cap and with exceptions could have easily gotten Kwame to sign. What would be the risk? It's a 1 year deal. It's not like 7 footers grow on trees. Where is Rich Cho?

onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I have to completely disagree with you.

While it is true letting Kwame go gives us the average size of a mid-major D1 college team, Kwame didn't deserve 7 million.

Remember, this is one of the reasons we had a lockout in the first place. Guys were essentially getting paid ridiculous amounts of money just for being tall. We had 2 of the worst offenders ever in Kwame and Diop. I'm sorry, but you do not deserve 7 million dollars for 6-10 minutes a game and averaging only 5-8 points. No. That's bad financial management.

It's obvious we're in rebuilding mode. And that's how we're going to stay forever. Why? Not because our FO is incompetent. But its because the NBA is saturated with selfish superstar players who want to play in big markets where they'll get big contracts, championships, endorsements, and fame. See Chris Paul and Dwight Howard as the next 2 examples where Chris Bosh, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams, and Amare Stoudemire were the culprits last year.

Charlotte will never, ever, ever be a top tier team with the way things are now because the players are selfish and egotistical. From what I've noticed, the lockout was a complete waste of time because the players are going to end up getting more leverage because the small market teams don't want to pay big bucks to keep superstars, and large market teams have more than basketball to offer. The NBA is a horrible product.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I have to completely disagree with you.

While it is true letting Kwame go gives us the average size of a mid-major D1 college team, Kwame didn't deserve 7 million.

Remember, this is one of the reasons we had a lockout in the first place. Guys were essentially getting paid ridiculous amounts of money just for being tall. We had 2 of the worst offenders ever in Kwame and Diop. I'm sorry, but you do not deserve 7 million dollars for 6-10 minutes a game and averaging only 5-8 points. No. That's bad financial management.

It's obvious we're in rebuilding mode. And that's how we're going to stay forever. Why? Not because our FO is incompetent. But its because the NBA is saturated with selfish superstar players who want to play in big markets where they'll get big contracts, championships, endorsements, and fame. See Chris Paul and Dwight Howard as the next 2 examples where Chris Bosh, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams, and Amare Stoudemire were the culprits last year.

Charlotte will never, ever, ever be a top tier team with the way things are now because the players are selfish and egotistical. From what I've noticed, the lockout was a complete waste of time because the players are going to end up getting more leverage because the small market teams don't want to pay big bucks to keep superstars, and large market teams have more than basketball to offer. The NBA is a horrible product.
nahh that's not it. there are plenty of small market teams that become top tier teams. look at teams like san antonio, okc and cleveland. the cavs were absolutely top tier for what? 7 years? san antonio's been elite for over 10 years and running and okc's a smaller market than charlotte and they got to where they are today by drafting well and trading for the pieces they need.

it might be near impossible to KEEP your star players after x number of years, but it's far from impossible to get a small market team to the top. our management is just really incompetent. i think you're being overly negative due to the consistent failures of our FO
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
nahh that's not it. there are plenty of small market teams that become top tier teams. look at teams like san antonio, okc and cleveland. the cavs were absolutely top tier for what? 7 years? san antonio's been elite for over 10 years and running and okc's a smaller market than charlotte and they got to where they are today by drafting well and trading for the pieces they need.

it might be near impossible to KEEP your star players after x number of years, but it's far from impossible to get a small market team to the top. our management is just really incompetent. i think you're being overly negative due to the consistent failures of our FO

This. Higgins is a moron.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

We'll bring in a body or two to help at the 5. I'm happy for Kwame getting that big payday...but I'm glad it wasn't us.

I do agree Higgins is pretty worthless. Hopefully with the Cho acquisition he'll be regulated to just a mouth piece for all our sakes.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno

I see your point and I was talking about perennial big market teams like the Miami's, LA's and New York's. Cleveland was only good because of LeBron James, he bolted for a bigger market. The jury is still out on OKC because we don't know how good of a person Durant is. San Antonio got lucky that Tim Duncan is such a nice person.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #8
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

What's up folks?

This is like the "chicken rib" situation.

If you need inference see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanzhong_Campaign

On a positive note, at least the other Brown is back. Samuel Dalembert is still available, as of "now".
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: