Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
Lucifer
Banned

Default If Kobe averages 27/5/5 and gets on all-NBA first team

What does that do for his legacy as a 33 going on 34 year old with the mileage he has while still playing on a high level
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: If Kobe averages 27/5/5 and gets on all-NBA first team

Kobe is a player that will always be overrated by his biggest fans and underrated by his critics.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
32Dayz
Banned

Nothing.
He cannot improve as a player at this point and even a slight addition to his longevity wont propel him ahead of the players he is behind at this point.

He is fighting for the 10 spot and honestly he will never secure it fully as his own.

He will always be a borderline top 10 player in the 10-15 range and that at this point cannot change.
32Dayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
zay_24
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32Dayz
Nothing.
He cannot improve as a player at this point and even a slight addition to his longevity wont propel him ahead of the players he is behind at this point.

He is fighting for the 10 spot and honestly he will never secure it fully as his own.

He will always be a borderline top 10 player in the 10-15 range and that at this point cannot change.

Kobe is top 5 homie, stop it

Lol @ a dude whos soon to score 30,000 career points, Most ALL NBA teams and defensive teams, 5 rings wit 2 straight Finals MVPs,in the top 10-15 range
zay_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
Lucifer
Banned

^he already has. if you project his numbers and accomplishments by the time he retires it's ridiculous. you're an idiot to think otherwise, actually you are an idiot because the majority already think he's top 10 LOL

I think it helps his case, Kobe's shown longevity that the league has never seen before if he keeps it up another 2-3 seasons.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

Quote:
Nothing.

u might be right, but Kobe doesnt believe that...it's what makes him great. As much as i love wade as he is my favorite player. I dont think wade will be as good as Kobe by the time wade reaches his 12+ season in the league.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #7
Lucifer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
u might be right, but Kobe doesnt believe that...it's what makes him great. As much as i love wade as he is my favorite player. I dont think wade will be as good as Kobe by the time wade reaches his 12+ season in the league.

wordd
Old 12-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #8
32Dayz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay_24

Kobe is top 5 homie, stop it

Lol @ a dude whos soon to score 30,000 career points, Most ALL NBA teams and defensive teams, 5 rings wit 2 straight Finals MVPs,in the top 10-15 range

Uh no I wont "stop it"

Karl Malone has like 35k+ Career points if he better then Kobe?

1 FMVP and only being the best player on his own team for 1 (or 2 at the most) championships is not that impressive when comparing him to other GOAT's and his Impact/Production and Playoff Career is certainly not worthy of Top 10 Status.

The fact that the majority of people 95% agree that he isn't a Top 10 playoff performer makes it funny that people so easily say he is a Top 10 player.

He is "borderline" and will forever stay that way.

All-D teams are a joke and real knowledgeable fans know he only earned 3-4 of those.

He is permanently behind.
Jordan
Shaq
Kareem
Wilt
Duncan
Magic
Bird
Hakeem
Russell

He can fight with the Oscar/West/KG and soon to be Wade/Lebron group forever.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #9
Mr. Bryant
Not airballing my layups anymore

It will solidify his place as the greatest to ever play.
Mr. Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #10
Lucifer
Banned

Quote:
Uh no I wont "stop it"

1 FMVP and only being the best player on his own team for 1 (or 2 at the most) championships is not that impressive when comparing him to other GOAT's and his Impact/Production and Playoff Career is certainly not worthy of Top 10 Status.

That's where butthurt Kobe haters make me laugh. He said 30,000 points AND all-nba first team and first team defenses. It's the resume as a WHOLE that makes kobe a top 10 player, if not top 5 when it's all said and done. I love how you simplify and manipulate the argument yet fail miserable. negged for "not getting it".
Old 12-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #11
Lucifer
Banned

Quote:
Uh no I wont "stop it"

The fact that the majority of people 95% agree that he isn't a Top 10 playoff performer makes it funny that people so easily say he is a Top 10 player.

He is "borderline" and will forever stay that way.

All-D teams are a joke and real knowledgeable fans know he only earned 3-4 of those.

He is permanently behind.
Jordan
Shaq
Kareem
Wilt
Duncan
Magic
Bird
Hakeem
Russell

He can fight with the Oscar/West/KG and soon to be Wade/Lebron group forever.

I love how you use the being the best player on his team maybe 1 time ( first of all that's laughable), yet have Magic and Kareem up there who had a dream team around them And then you have Duncan who didn't even win FMVP last time around LOL And Kobe's already better then Magic. The numbers, accomplishments, etc at 33 he's the greatest laker ever. look at the lakers franchise records, he owns all the major ones at 33. if magic didn't get AIDS and played out a longer career then maybe, but the fact of the matter is Kobe has accomplished a lot more. you're just hating for the sake of hating. talk to anybody and they'll say you're stupid. sorry bro maybe in another lifetime

Kobe Bryant, the ONLY player to win with just 1 all-star on his team in that top 10 list.

Last edited by Lucifer : 12-08-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #12
32Dayz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer
That's where butthurt Kobe haters make me laugh. He said 30,000 points AND all-nba first team and first team defenses. It's the resume as a WHOLE that makes kobe a top 10 player, if not top 5 when it's all said and done. I love how you simplify and manipulate the argument yet fail miserable. negged for "not getting it".

But he is not a Top 10 Playoff performer so why would he be a Top 10 Player?

There are at worst 9 players who were just better at playing basketball and gave their teams better production/impact in the playoffs.

Why would I rank Kobe higher because he has more All-Teams?

Wade has performed better in the playoffs in comparison to Kobe when comparing Peak Years and over 5 and 7 Years.
That alone for me already makes the Wade and Bryant comparison close.

If Wade can have 4-5 More Seasons at his normal level he will most likely be fighting Bryant for the Top 2rd or 3rd SG Spot.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #13
Mr. I'm So Rad
Banned

Quote:
But he is not a Top 10 Playoff performer

Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #14
32Dayz
Banned

Shaq
Jordan
Kareem
Hakeem
Duncan
Bird
Magic
West
Wilt
Russell
Barkley

Quick List of 11 Players who were better playoff performers.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #15
Lucifer
Banned

Quote:
But he is not a Top 10 Playoff performer so why would he be a Top 10 Player?

There are at worst 9 players who were just better at playing basketball and gave their teams better production/impact in the playoffs.

Why would I rank Kobe higher because he has more All-Teams?

Wade has performed better in the playoffs in comparison to Kobe when comparing Peak Years and over 5 and 7 Years.
That alone for me already makes the Wade and Bryant comparison close.

If Wade can have 4-5 More Seasons at his normal level he will most likely be fighting Bryant for the Top 2rd or 3rd SG Spot.

um nope

So for Kobe to be top 10 he has to be MVP. the MAN on his team. etc etc etc. the criteria is just ridiculous for him, but for Wade who has effin Lebron James on the team he has a chance to surpass Kobe LMAO.

For Wade, he just has to be a consistent regular season playoff performer here on out which isn't going to happen because he turns 30 this month and won't be half the player kobe is at 33. Forget about the lack off all-stars, nba first teams, MVP's, final mvp's, individual accoldaes he's LACKING. for you he just has to be perform at 25/5/5 4 more seasons with lebron on his team and he's the 2nd greatest shooting guard ALL-TIME over Kobe bryant. over all this

5 NBA Champion (2000–2002, 2009–2010)
2 NBA Finals MVP (2009–2010)
NBA Most Valuable Player (2008)
13 NBA All-Star (1998, 2000–2011)
2 NBA scoring champion (2006–2007)
9 All-NBA First Team (2002–2004, 2006–2011)
2 All-NBA Second Team (2000–2001)
2 All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2005)
9 All-Defensive First Team (2000, 2003–2004, 2006–2011)
2 All-Defensive Second Team (2001–2002)
NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)
4 NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)
NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (1997)
Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996)

Don't forget Kobe has twice as many points as Wade too. kobe's gonna hit 30 k soon, Wade's gonna hit 16 k, and they will both be in their 30's

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

That's where butt hurt kobe haters make me laugh again. for critics he's proved himself, but for haters the criteria for him to be among the greats is forever evolving yet at the end of the day irrelevant. kobe's won already. he and duncan are legends who are still active. just enjoy it instead of hating.

It's a shame Kobe's career didn't start during the youtube age. I think people don't realize how GOOD he was during his physical prime. the lack of dunks, highlight plays, last couple seasons and people think he's not good as Wade. you would be surprised how much on a superficial level effects people's judgements of bball players. it's not until it's all said and done and the resumes are looked at to truly determine who was better. it's gonna be kobe by a MILE and it's not even close. Wade's battle is with jerry west NOT kobe. 2nd spot is written in stone for Kobe.

Last edited by Lucifer : 12-08-2011 at 12:15 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: