Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-31-2006, 06:50 PM   #1
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation
Default Christians

who in here is a christian??
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:32 PM   #2
Maximum310
High School JV MVP

Maximum310 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer
who in here is a christian??

My whole family is, and I WAS,
Up until the point that I took an Anthropology, Sociology, Biology, Astronomy Class..etc..In College, And consistently watching the Science Channel for the last couple of years,
Now Im a Deist, Belive that there is a Creator, But I do not belive in any miracles or religion and stuff like that!!
All the evidence leads to the conclusion that Evolution took place and the fact is that the Bible was written by man.

Infact, "One can easily argue that the first Christian Bible was commissioned, paid for, inspected and approved by a pagan emperor for church use."

Read This, Then tell me what you think.

I dont like to talk about Religion or Politics but I'm drunk right now and I'm waiting to get picked up for my NYE Rave, So sorry, I had to post my opinion.

Happy New Years Every Body!!
Maximum310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #3
boceltballa
I hit open layups

boceltballa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum310
My whole family is, and I WAS,
Up until the point that I took an Anthropology, Sociology, Biology, Astronomy Class..etc..In College, And consistently watching the Science Channel for the last couple of years,
Now Im a Deist, Belive that there is a Creator, But I do not belive in any miracles or religion and stuff like that!!
All the evidence leads to the conclusion that Evolution took place and the fact is that the Bible was written by man.

Infact, "One can easily argue that the first Christian Bible was commissioned, paid for, inspected and approved by a pagan emperor for church use."

Read This, Then tell me what you think.

I dont like to talk about Religion or Politics but I'm drunk right now and I'm waiting to get picked up for my NYE Rave, So sorry, I had to post my opinion.

Happy New Years Every Body!!

Sorry but do you think people will believe what you just posted after saying you were drunk?

Anyways...for the who is a Christian in here question...

I believe people can say they are Christians when they really are not. People have different ideas of what a Christian is. I believe they are people who worship God (going to church, praying anywhere they feel they should, etc.) who is to them is the One who created everything in the known universe including people. They believe there is only one God and there is something called the Trinity (the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit). They read the Bible and study it's teachings daily.

I consider myself a Christian but not the best I could be, but I might not in some other people's eyes.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:34 AM   #4
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

^ You don't need to believe in the trinity (afterall, the bible doesn't support that doctrine) to be a Christian. A christian is simply "Christ-like". Follow his teachings and believe he is our savior through his sacrifice, and follow God's word the Bible. Most people say they are christians, because they go to church once a week, or their family is a certain religion, but they don't read the bible, don't know anything about Jesus, and still feel they are Christians. I've always thought that was odd.

Edit: and about the bible being 'commissioned' and not inspired of God, how do you explain prohpecies that were foretold hundreds of years in advance? This supposed event you refer to was in the 4th century. Some books in the Bible were written hundreds of years before the 4th century.

Last edited by Showtime : 01-01-2007 at 01:43 AM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:29 AM   #5
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 has decent reputationPenny37 has decent reputation

You can be a Christian and still do the bare minimum.
ie. going to church once a week and not read the bible

Christianity is black and white. Either you are or you aren't.
There's no in-between.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:35 AM   #6
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

You can be a christian but not a practicing one.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #7
bballer
bballer

this is a yes or no question
Old 01-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #8
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
this is a yes or no question

Are you a Christian bballer

I read in the ghost thread that you don't believe in ghosts, hence you cannot be a Christian

care to answer?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #9
bballer
bballer

the holy ghost i believe in, yes i am a christian, JESUS WILL LIVE FOREVER
Old 01-01-2007, 09:37 AM   #10
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
the holy ghost i believe in, yes i am a christian, JESUS WILL LIVE FOREVER

flip flop (jk)

spirits are ghosts are they not?

I'm not being a diiick or anything, I am just curious.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #11
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

bballer was probably referring to earthly ghosts.

Example: If his mom died, he doesn't believe her ghost will come back to haunt him, or appear, etc.

As for the question: Yes, I am a Christian, but there are a lot of things I don't follow in the church, mainly because it has been corrupted for many, many years. I also go to a christian school and it is the most conservative church I think I've ever seen; and it's really made me have to search and find my own philosophies on life. I've written countless essays on how stupid some of the stuff is.

For example: It's a Free Will Baptist school and church; and the administration there has this philosophy that they are right on everything and everyone else, including every other denomination, is wrong. They are especially prejudice towards Catholics because they think they're the cause of the world's problems. I think they're full of BS but that's just me. I don't really like all the denominations because it sort of segregates people. I mean, if you believe in the same general belief that Jesus died for the sins of mankind and believe he will come again then you are a Christian, not a Methodist, Presbyterian, Baptist, or Pentecostal, but a Christian.

I could go on but I will stop for now.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #12
bballer
bballer

the holy spirit is god. three in one. think of it like an egg. three parts of an egg, but its all 1 egg. the holy spirit isnt going to be visible. he is an invisible spirit that lives in all of us. just read the bible, that will explain it. timmeh, i go to a christian school aswell
Old 01-01-2007, 02:43 PM   #13
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I know you live in VA Beach, do you go to Gateway Christian?
Old 01-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

First of all, I am a christian. I was just reading about The Beatles. I find it disturbing how everybody in the U.S. got pissed about how John Lennon made comments on how The Beatles seem to be more popular than Jesus now. He said that in an interview for some British newspaper and nobody really cared that much. I few months later an American magazine picked up his comments, but misquoted him and everybody went crazy. They were burning Beatles albums and banning their music on the radio. Give me a break WWJD (what would Jesus do). People wear those bracelets and talk about it a lot, but it seems like people never really do what Jesus would do.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

It's because the whole WWJD thing was a fad. No one really cared, it was just the cool thing to do at the time.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: