Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
sick_brah07
Local High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation
Default Lamar Odom's reaction

How do you take his reaction to the trade?

is he being unproffesional or is he one of the few players in the league that actually cares about winning and is pissed because he sacrificed so much for the "team"
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lamar Odom's reaction

Both. I'm partially on his side though because of Jim Buss' reputation.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lamar Odom's heart:

Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has an OK reputation so far

i think he's a loyal fool...

he could have twice the legacy he does and likely every year all star if he weren't content with a off the bench role with the lakers and 25 min play times as a 3rd wheel. sure rings and winning are nice but its a shame a player who has that type of talent doesn't get it utilized enough. if he goes to the right team he could average a triple double probably more than any player in the league....
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has an OK reputation so far

Kobe
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
sosolid4u09
Great young streetballer

sosolid4u09 has no real reputation yet.

i love lamar, but its highly unprofessional.

How many players get traded to teams they dont want to play for. they keep shut and play. your a millionaire, this is part of the deal
sosolid4u09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
lakers_forever
National High School Star

lakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation here

It's normal for him to be sad. He would get over it in some days after the trade. Just be sure to include lots of candy in the deal.
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
sagr32
Banned

sagr32 has decent reputation

If the Lakers do end up keeping the same roster at least going into the season I expect their to be some bumps in the road but nothing extreme.
sagr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
LakersReign
Banned

LakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputation

L.O. is a freak when he's on, and let's be real, he hasn't had the opportunity to showcase how much he can do until he got to the Lakers. How many people remember he used to play for the Heat? As a lifelong Laker fan, I can understand how he feels slighted, cuz I didn't like the deal at all. L.O. is the kind of player who needs to be severely motivated to produce, i.e. KG's cheapshot elbow, so hopefully he responds in a positive way on the court.
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #10
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

he needs to mature and grow up. heck chris paul showed up on camp and he should be more upset!
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #11
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
he needs to mature and grow up. heck chris paul showed up on camp and he should be more upset!

Lamar showed up to camp to. Those reports were false. He showed up but was taken out of practice early to talk to Mitch.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

It doesn't look like he's leaving in the newest trade proposal.

However, while I feel for the guy as a human being, I can't feel sorry for him as a player. He can't possibly overlook the business aspect of the league. The same thing that afforded him the lifestyle he enjoys, the woman he married and the chance to live in luxury is the same thing that makes these kinds of life changing situations a harsh reality. He's been traded before... he knows how it works.

It can be argued that he's probably more upset about going to a potential bottom feeding, rebuilding team than anything. Sure, losing your "friends" and leaving the city you "love" is a blow... but, at the end of the day, he's likely going to be relegated to an awful team until his contract is up and that kills him.

It's one thing to be dismayed privately but it's another thing entirely to call in to Stephen A. Smith and put your broken heart on display to millions of listeners. When he's in a better mind state he'll be regretting that.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
Laker Logic
I hit open 5-footers

Laker Logic has decent reputationLaker Logic has decent reputation

Quote:
How do you take his reaction to the trade?

is he being unproffesional or is he one of the few players in the league that actually cares about winning and is pissed because he sacrificed so much for the "team"

Remind me again all the things Odom sacrificed to play for the best team, on the biggest stage, for more exposure, credit, and accomplishments of any other place he's played?
Laker Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #14
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like how he is passionate about being a Laker. I am a bit torn on this but I still tend to lean toward this being a business and that its nothing personal against Lamar. He seems to feel he has been betrayed, but it has nothing to do with betrayal. Its about teams doing what they feel is in the best interest of their team success. I cant blame him for feeling like this. It was a shocker for him and he was reacting the day that it happened. I think had this deal went through, he would have gotten over it. Time heals the wounds.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: