Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #31
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
I think Kobe has a whole lot to prove. The man needs to win another championship as the best player on the floor. But even after this I bet he will have his nay sayer still....the hate for Bryant is as blind or even worst then his blind fans.
Sort of like the Kobe lovers not giving Shaq his due for 4 rings, 3 Finals MVP's and 1 regular season MVP. Kobe's blind fans is worse.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #32
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
It used to be that the playoffs were when the refs "let 'em play". What happened???

the fans wanted tighter officiating...they got sick of the knicks Vs the Heat aggresive type play.... the fans didnt want low scoring 84 - 87 games.....Well now we have what the fans asked for and they are still b*tchin....

Mark Cuban spearheaded alot of this complaining and lobbying the league to make these changes, so its ironic to see him be the most vocal protester of the results
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:51 PM   #33
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

I still think Kobe is better than Wade.

Wade is a good player but all the calls he was getting was absurd.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #34
datdude
Can barely lace up my sneakers

datdude has an OK reputation so far

Can we PLEASE stop with the Kobe/Jordan comparisons. Kobe is NOT and will NEVER be MJ. MJ never quit on his team to prove a point on how much he is needed, esp in the playoffs. (can we say the same for kobe?) As for Phil, he is such a hypocrit. Someone should remind him of the quotes he said about Kobe in his book, and now all of a sudden Kobe is the best? pure hypocrisy
datdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:06 PM   #35
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by datdude
Can we PLEASE stop with the Kobe/Jordan comparisons. Kobe is NOT and will NEVER be MJ. MJ never quit on his team to prove a point on how much he is needed, esp in the playoffs. (can we say the same for kobe?) As for Phil, he is such a hypocrit. Someone should remind him of the quotes he said about Kobe in his book, and now all of a sudden Kobe is the best? pure hypocrisy

What were some of the things he said about Kobe in his book?

But yeah, Kobe quiting in game 7 against the Suns was just pathetic...
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #36
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Phil has to say Kobe is better. Why would he, as active coach, say Wade is better? This would NEVER happen, even if that's what he felt.

Further, Kobe Bryant has been the beneficiary of plenty of ref whistles in his career so for Phil to whine about Wade just shows his bitterness that Shaq got another title without him, as did Riley.

I would LOVE for someone to put him on a lie detector test and ask him who he would take........Kobe Bron or Wade. I'll BET it would be Bron and Wade before him.

What a bitter arrogant kook he's turned into.

Last edited by Knoe Itawl : 06-22-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #37
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

anywhere i can actually see this interview now?
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:22 PM   #38
jan803

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamKnight
anywhere i can actually see this interview now?

you can get the whole interview but i think you need to be an espn insider member to hear it.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:26 PM   #39
jan803

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
the fans wanted tighter officiating...they got sick of the knicks Vs the Heat aggresive type play.... the fans didnt want low scoring 84 - 87 games.....Well now we have what the fans asked for and they are still b*tchin....

Mark Cuban spearheaded alot of this complaining and lobbying the league to make these changes, so its ironic to see him be the most vocal protester of the results

i agree so much!

i heard this second hand, but dan patrick said that most teams take on the personality of their coach. the mavs took on the personality of their owner.

i thought this was a very precise and concise way to put it.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #40
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

BOOHYAH310 has no real reputation yet.

Phil chose to come back to the Lakers without Shaq, knowing that Kobe would be the number 1 option.....I think that speaks volumes about what he thinks about Kobe's talent and potential to lead a team to a title.His reputation and legacy is now in the hands of Kobe Bryant, nevermind the money. Of course he thinks highly about Kobe as a basketball player.

Plug Kobe in to the Heat roster and put Wade on the Lakers this year, and I think you'd see similar results.....Wade leading the league in scoring and getting put out in the 1st round and Kobe winning another title with Shaq. If you disagree,lets discuss.

And about this "Wade got all the calls argument" ......refs always have, and always will reward the aggressive team. Wade was taking the ball aggressively to the hole, while the Mavs were relying on contested jumpers and run outs. I agree that Wade got a lot of calls in his favor, but when you put the onus on the refs to make a call with the floor spread out the way it was, an environment for getting calls in your favor is created. The heat played it to perfection. man for man I'd take the Mavs roster and scheme, but the Heat turned into Wade vs whomever he was guarding, negating the Mavs depth at all the other positions. They played just enough defense on Dirk to get wins.
BOOHYAH310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #41
Prezwoodz
Kids at the park dunk on me

Prezwoodz has an OK reputation so far

PLAYoffs are over.

its time for Phil and Kobe to shine.
Prezwoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #42
TheGreatNumber8
Banned

TheGreatNumber8 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
thanks for saying what I just emplied

Such Homering that its not even funny. Shaq said Riles was the best coach...hmmm. Sure...
TheGreatNumber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #43
datdude
Can barely lace up my sneakers

datdude has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
Phil chose to come back to the Lakers without Shaq, knowing that Kobe would be the number 1 option.....I think that speaks volumes about what he thinks about Kobe's talent and potential to lead a team to a title.His reputation and legacy is now in the hands of Kobe Bryant, nevermind the money. Of course he thinks highly about Kobe as a basketball player.

Plug Kobe in to the Heat roster and put Wade on the Lakers this year, and I think you'd see similar results.....Wade leading the league in scoring and getting put out in the 1st round and Kobe winning another title with Shaq. If you disagree,lets discuss.

I disagree, Phil came back because o fhte money and Jennie Buss. Keep in mind that Phil also came close to signing with the Knicks KNOWING that the organization was in disarray and Steph was going to be the number one option, not saying much for Kobe. And as far as how the finals went down, the results WOULD NOT have been the same. Kobe on that Heats rosters would be a disaster. Championships are won with team cohesiveness, not with big names. if that was the case, lakers would have won it with Karl, payton , shaq and who else?....thats right KOBE!!
datdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #44
s0ulja714
I brick open layups

s0ulja714 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
I take Wade over kobe.....Wade is a coach's dream while kobe is a coach's nightmare.

oh and

Wade = 1 finals MVP
kobe = none

Wade = 3rd year
Kobe = 10th year

Kobe = had shaq in his prime = a more dominant player than kobe was
wade = had shaq out of his prime = a less dominant player than wade was

of course wade would win the finals mvp with a shaq who wasn't as dominating as he used to be...
s0ulja714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:13 PM   #45
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Wade is only a 3rd year player and he was able to lead a team full of grizzled veterans to a championship...they all followed wade's lead.....

Kobe had that chance in 2004, but nobody followed him and came out looking like a fool.....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: