Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Default Adjustments the Knicks Must Make to be Elite

(1) Tony Douglas has to be a solid contributor on offense as our third option. I fully expect him to put up 13-16 ppg, 4-5 apg in this role. He can spread the floor well for Amare/Carmelo. But can he work the ball around? Will he play solid defense?

(2) Carmelo Anthony must be the facilitator on offense. This is probably the most critical point. No real PG or playmaker on the roster. Nobody else on the roster can create their own shot besides Amare and TD. We know Carmelo can pass well; it's just a matter of him fully focusing in that department. Before this Chandler trade I thought Melo would put up close to 30 ppg this season, but I think it's more important if Melo's stats are closer to 25/7/5

(3) Coaching; we need a defensive philosophy. I believe the culture in Dallas is what contributed to Chandler being a strong defensive asset. If he finds New York lax, he might not give a damn.

feel free to add
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
blablabla

Default Re: Adjustments the Knicks Must Make to be Elite

trade for steve nash
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
Clutch
NBA Legend

I want to see "Melo the passer" this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNofLzzPOJg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URLiUv7EXS4

Last edited by Clutch : 12-09-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I want to see "Melo the passer" this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNofLzzPOJg

that beauty was a LEFT-HANDED bullet on national television. My boy Melo can do everything on the court. If only he could do it all at the same time.

Anyway, he BETTER average at least 4 apg this year. No f*cking excuses Melo.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz

The reality is this team is not anywhere or remotely close to being elite. There is nothing that can happen to this team outside of a miracle to make this into an elite team.

Elite will be the Nets with Deron, Nene, DHoward. Thats the foundation for the magic elite to happen.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
blablabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
The reality is this team is not anywhere or remotely close to being elite. There is nothing that can happen to this team outside of a miracle to make this into an elite team.

Elite will be the Nets with Deron, Nene, DHoward. Thats the foundation for the magic elite to happen.
Elite maybe not but this is a pretty good team we probably have the best front court in the nba decent role players in Douglas and maybe Shumpert
a good young SG in Fields

get us a deeper bench and a good pg(mle next year the 12' fa class is full of pgs) and we are elite
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I would like to see this team play before I judge the work.

Can't do that without seeing the finished product.

As of right now, our frontcourt is elite.

Jury is out on the rest.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:38 AM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

WOW I dont see what you all see. There is no bench no SG no PG the team doesnt play defense or rebound but its ELITE....

There are too many adjustments that need to be made to make the team elite. Lets see how some players fall after all the FA's moves and trades. Right now the Knicks are probably 8th seed or 7th seed.

This will be ELITE if they pull this off top 3 PG Best Center in the league a very good PF.

Quote:

Last edited by Rameek : 12-11-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #9
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
WOW I dont see what you all see. There is no bench no SG no PG the team doesnt play defense or rebound but its ELITE....

There are too many adjustments that need to be made to make the team elite. Lets see how some players fall after all the FA's moves and trades. Right now the Knicks are probably 8th seed or 7th seed.

This will be ELITE if they pull this off top 3 PG Best Center in the league a very good PF.
Heat were elite last year and they had Bibby/Chalmers and Joel Anthony as their starting point guard/center.Also their bench was simply awful.

Our only problem is the point guard spot,I'm convinced that Landry Fields will improve and play even better than he did last year.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Heat were elite last year and they had Bibby/Chalmers and Joel Anthony as their starting point guard/center.Also their bench was simply awful.

Our only problem is the point guard spot,I'm convinced that Landry Fields will improve and play even better than he did last year.
Dont get me wrong the team is pretty good with Stat Melo and Chandler. You cant compare the Heat to the Knicks because Wade and LBJ play defense and rebound they get after it on both sides of the ball.

Stat and Melo prowess is on the offensive end but at some point they have to make a commitment to both sides of the ball. Regular season you can run up and down and try to outscore your opponent or even try to win your offensive one on one match up. When these 2 guys make an effort on these two facets of the game then we have something. To me this is one of the ways you can hide your teams deficiencies and bring up the level of your teammates. These are the things that Wade and LBJ do for their team. Making those other role players step their game up every night. EFFORT and ENERGY is what they bring on both sides of the ball.

SO there you have what I believe is the adjustment that needs to be made. Every night play defense and rebound. By default this team can be a perennial playoff team (5th seed and down) but if you want to be ELITE lets start hearing people talk about the Knicks as Championship quality.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I think a lot is riding on Shumpert. Im not saying he has to be a superstar, but he has to show promise that he will be undoubtedly a starter. Let's face it, this Chandler deal limits our options for the future. We can't afford to strike out in drafts.Hate to say it,but I kinda hope Shumpert was a Zeke guy. Zeke was a bad GM but I always give him props for his drafting. He finds diamonds in the rough. If Shumpert is a scrub, it'll set us back alot. Not only does that mean we'll have another bum on the roster but it's a another guy with a guaranteed contract
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think a lot is riding on Shumpert. Im not saying he has to be a superstar, but he has to show promise that he will be undoubtedly a starter. Let's face it, this Chandler deal limits our options for the future. We can't afford to strike out in drafts.Hate to say it,but I kinda hope Shumpert was a Zeke guy. Zeke was a bad GM but I always give him props for his drafting. He finds diamonds in the rough. If Shumpert is a scrub, it'll set us back alot. Not only does that mean we'll have another bum on the roster but it's a another guy with a guaranteed contract
His contract is so tiny... Knicks drafting in general hasnt been good.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Knicks drafting in general hasnt been good.

How do you figure?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #14
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
How do you figure?
How many drafted Knicks are starting in the league or even contributors on teams?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:21 AM   #15
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
How many drafted Knicks are starting in the league or even contributors on teams?
Fields,Gallinari,Chandler,Lee,Frye,Nene,Ariza...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: