Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-31-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Default have u had a ghost experience?

i'm somewhat fascinated with ghosts, but not to the extent that i'm out looking for them or anything. anyway, just wondering if anyone else has had an experience that they can't explain. here's mine....

it happened about 8 1/2 to 9 years ago at an house that had just been converted into 2 apartments. i woke up around noon or so and noticed everyone was gone. i was standing in the bathroom with my hand in the shower waiting for the water to get warm, staring at the floor. all of a sudden, the door to the cabinet under the sink opened up 3/4 of the way full and slammed shut. i immediately went over to it and looked for a rat or something that would have opened it. there was nothing, not even a register in case the furnace kicked on and somehow blew it open. i don't know what it was that did it, but it was kinda cool.

we live in another house that had just been built and my wife and oldest stepdaughter claimed to have seen some ghosts, but i didn't. the neighbors across the lot saw the same things. that place was built on top of what used to be a church or a school.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
telephone
Banned

one time I was in El Campo and I saw a picture of my grandmother who died before I could have seen her.

I said "man I wish I couldve seen her." So we left the next day for home and I go to sleep at night. I wake up around 3:00 am and hear my door open and I look and there is a white figure that comes up and walks up to me then walks back to my door and leaves. It looked like the picture I saw in my aunt and uncles bedroom.

I slept in my parents bedroom the next two nights because I was so freaked out. It was pretty interesting though.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
one time I was in El Campo and I saw a picture of my grandmother who died before I could have seen her.

I said "man I wish I couldve seen her." So we left the next day for home and I go to sleep at night. I wake up around 3:00 am and hear my door open and I look and there is a white figure that comes up and walks up to me then walks back to my door and leaves. It looked like the picture I saw in my aunt and uncles bedroom.

I slept in my parents bedroom the next two nights because I was so freaked out. It was pretty interesting though.

cool. your parents probably thought u were crazy, huh? i'm wondering why a ghost would bother to open a door. that's real crazy.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
bballer
King of ISH

are you joking, you believe in ghosts
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer

how would u explain what happened to me? i'm not a mutant with the power of telekinesis, so i didn't do it. don't get me wrong, i'm still somewhat skeptical until i SEE something right in front of me, but there is no other way to explain what occured.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:51 PM   #6
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

there might not be ghosts but there can be spirits and demons nd crazy **** like that. I was watching 'A haunting'' on tv a couple of times and that **** was real.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
bballer
King of ISH

no ghosts arent real
Old 12-31-2006, 10:58 PM   #8
final.wrath
Banned

i got raped by a ghost once in the dark of night. bad experience.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:36 AM   #9
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

I never saw a ghost, but I do believe in magic, heres why. When I was around 6, I went to my home country for the summer, Bangladesh. Around some point, a huge fish bone got stuck in my throat, and it was lodged there painfully for about 2 or 3 days; some guy in my village (its in Bangladesh ) referred my dad to this guy who somehow fixes minor things like this, my dad decided to give it a try. We go there, and the guy is like 95, (HE PISSES IN A TUBE!) The old guy took some little container out(like a tablet container you get from Rite Aid) Inside was some liquid(looked like oil) and he put some on his palm, and some on my palm. He told me to rub my hands, as did he, and he started muttering something, and he kept rubbing that oil. After ten minutes, I SWEAR TO GOD, my fish bone was in his hand, and my throat was sore, but there was no fish bone in it. I was really young, so I didnt really understand the signifigance of what this guy did, anyways, from then on, I started believing in magic.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #10
bballer
King of ISH

well one time i jumped off a cliff, and magical faries picked me up and i flew away to neverland with peter pan
Old 01-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #11
bballer
King of ISH

the holy spirit is the only ghost i believe in:)
Old 01-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #12
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
no ghosts arent real
Oh, now I'm convinced

Anyone with an open mind who looks at all the new evidence knows that ghosts, do indeed, exist. See Ghost Hunters for example, they do not alter tapes , and that show alone is enough evidence for proof there is paranormal life forms.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #13
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
i got raped by a ghost once in the dark of night. bad experience.

oh man, prison ghost sex. nasty.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #14
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

The people who believe in ghosts are the people who believe 9/11 was a consiracy. That should tell you ghosts are NOT REAL.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #15
telephone
Banned

wizard stfu you have no proof for that, I KNOW I SAW A GHOST and thats all there is to it. The pople who dont have no imagination
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: