Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,446
Default Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Lopez career averages
17.4/7.6/1.6/1.7 56.1 TS%
Bynum last season averages
11.3/9.4/1.4/2.0 60.6 TS%


Lopez has NEVER missed a game due to injury
Bynum has only played in 204 out of 328 games these past 4 seasons

Lopez is a restricted free agent only being paid 3 million this next season meaning you can keep him on your team for 5 years.

Bynum is will be receiving 15 million next year and he will be an unrestricted free agent meaning he is likely to jump town to a team of his desire.

So if you're in Orlando's position, Lopez is CLEARLY the better trade
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
Haymaker
NBA lottery pick
 
Haymaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,857
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Lopez career averages
17.4/7.6/1.6/1.7 56.1 TS%
Bynum last season averages
11.3/9.4/1.4/2.0 60.6 TS%


Lopez has NEVER missed a game due to injury
Bynum has only played in 204 out of 328 games these past 4 seasons

Lopez is a restricted free agent only being paid 3 million this next season meaning you can keep him on your team for 5 years.

Bynum is will be receiving 15 million next year and he will be an unrestricted free agent meaning he is likely to jump town to a team of his desire.

So if you're in Orlando's position, Lopez is CLEARLY the better trade

Relax, Lakers ain't getting Howard unless they gut their team like Miami did. It ain't going to happen.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
noob cake
College star
 
noob cake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Bynum has pretty much been injured every season. The proof is in the genetics.

See Oden vs ironman Dwight.

Bynum is the most overrated asset in the league. When his injury history is taken into account, he should not be worth than a middle lotto pick.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #4
StacksOnDeck
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

If you say so...
StacksOnDeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #5
iDefend5
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 938
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

If Lopez is a better trade asset than Bynum is because he is more healthy not because he is better. Bynum is clearly the better player of the two at full strength but how often is Bynum at full strength?
iDefend5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #6
spiegel
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,117
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Bynum is a very good interior defender infact one of the best in the league, but lopez probaly has a better offensive game and is way more durable. Way more durable infact.
spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
StacksOnDeck
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDefend5
If Lopez is a better trade asset than Bynum is because he is more healthy not because he is better. Bynum is clearly the better player of the two at full strength but how often is Bynum at full strength?

Good post but even with injury teams rather have Bynum and Lopez. No one wants a soft no defense having C.
StacksOnDeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:57 AM   #8
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,446
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDefend5
If Lopez is a better trade asset than Bynum is because he is more healthy not because he is better. Bynum is clearly the better player of the two at full strength but how often is Bynum at full strength?

It's not even Bynums health as the deciding factor. It's the fact that Bynum would NEVER stay in Orlando, or New Orleans for that matter, when he's a free agent next year. Meanwhile Lopez is restricted and would be there for 5 years minimum.
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #9
MichaelCheazley
B-Eazy Mike Beasley
 
MichaelCheazley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,431
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
Relax, Lakers ain't getting Howard unless they gut their team like Miami did. It ain't going to happen.
Gut our team? Only important piece we lost was beasley and that was unnecessary. Could have kept dorell wright but chose not to also.

Kept haslem
Other major contributers in the past: JO/Q rich....
MichaelCheazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #10
DirtySanchez
Local High School Star
 
DirtySanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,940
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Oh god u kids get worse every year. Lopez?

I love how kids put up stats without talking or knowing about team dynamics. Bynum was the third option behind Gasol and Kobe...heck Odom at times.

Last edited by DirtySanchez : 12-12-2011 at 01:02 AM.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #11
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,739
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Bynum's upside is what teams are banking on. The PROBLEM is the kid cannot seem to stay on the court for an extended period of time, without an injury that keeps him out for months. Its a real HUGE gamble.



If he had no history of injuries, we PROBABLY we have gotten the trade by now.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #12
Haymaker
NBA lottery pick
 
Haymaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,857
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
Gut our team? Only important piece we lost was beasley and that was unnecessary. Could have kept dorell wright but chose not to also.

Kept haslem
Other major contributers in the past: JO/Q rich....
Riley started gutting the team long before Beasley came in. He was freeing cap space for last year's free agency.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:06 AM   #13
greymatter
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,857
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
It's not even Bynums health as the deciding factor. It's the fact that Bynum would NEVER stay in Orlando, or New Orleans for that matter, when he's a free agent next year. Meanwhile Lopez is restricted and would be there for 5 years minimum.

For 15+ million a year, he'll stay on any team that's willing to overpay for a decent big man. He's already won a couple of titles. It's all about milking the money until his body gives out.
greymatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:07 AM   #14
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,446
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymatter
For 15+ million a year, he'll stay on any team that's willing to overpay for a decent big man. He's already won a couple of titles. It's all about milking the money until his body gives out.

So you think it's wise for a rebuilding team, in a terrible cap situation, to give a max contract to a guy going into his 8th year based solely on potential? Not to mention this is a guy that only plays 60% of the games

It would be a disaster. And assuming he does have a few healthy seasons of 16/10/2 block basketball, he could practically choose his destination @ or around max value so he would be leaving anyway
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:09 AM   #15
iDefend5
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 938
Default Re: Brook Lopez is a better trade asset than Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
Good post but even with injury teams rather have Bynum and Lopez. No one wants a soft no defense having C.
That is based on nothing. Don't present your opinion as a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
It's not even Bynums health as the deciding factor. It's the fact that Bynum would NEVER stay in Orlando, or New Orleans for that matter, when he's a free agent next year. Meanwhile Lopez is restricted and would be there for 5 years minimum.
Once again, what are you honestly basing that off of? There is no proof that Bynum wouldn't want to stay in Orlando or on the Hornets. Bynum does want to be the man, so if anything there is evidence that he would be willing to stay on those teams.
iDefend5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy