Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 12-31-2006, 09:33 PM   #1
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Doc Rivers Lies... Yet again.

Remember last month when Doc was asked blatantly what's going to happen to Gerald Green's playing time? After a game where Gerald got 27 garbage points back in November, Doc basically said Gerald's time should increase exponentially. As we saw later, that didn't happen, Doc continued to favor Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine for some silly reasons I'm yet to comprehend yet. Just turned out Doc flat out lied to the media.

But in the past week, when Paul got injured, Doc was asked yet again what will happen to Green's playing time in a interview I believe with Maxwell. Doc basically responded saying he has no choice and he had to. Now we saw in those 3 games Gerald had an amazing 55 points and 24 rebounds. Good job Doc, he produces if you put him in.

Going into the Golden State game; everything looked good. Gerald was still in the starting lineup and Wally was coming in off the Bench. I thought for a minute Doc had some sort of basketball intelligence when it came to substitutions. I was wrong; Green played 5 minutes in the first quarter and didn't come back in until the second half where he totaled 13 minutes and had 6 points of 2-3 shooting. Yep, instead Doc favored Wally, who went 3-13 from the field(2 of them layups) and Scalabrine who played 24 minutes and totaled a monster 0 points(Typical scal, right?). Even after repeated bricks from Wally, who was clearly having an off night, he let him and Scal play and let Gerald rot on the bench.

What warranted a bench of Green, does anyone here know? Or is Doc still just a real sh8tty coach when it comes to deciding who should be playing.

Oh, and let's not forget the great decision of not letting rondo play on Baron who torched the Celtics(again).
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

Wally has earned PT on this team, and TA's outplaying Green right now. How much do you want him to play?
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Wally is literally 2-21 outside the paint in the last three games and he is playing injured. Why is Doc playing him when it's clear he is hurting the team? Gerald has outplayed him profusely in many less minutes and Doc continues to look the other way.(Don't forget putting Scal in)
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
braden.
Great young streetballer

Green, though effective on offense, looks completely lost out there, especially on the defensive end. Wally at least knows where he's supposed to be. And you don't just give away a veteran's spot because he's had a string of poor games. Wally will get back to his pre-injury form, count on it. Besides that, Glenn has said as much that he is not happy with how well Green was playing at all. Tony Allen has been putting Green to shame. As for Scalabrine...search me. No idea, except that he can play the 4 whereas Green cannot.

Although I have no idea why Wally's being rushed back.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #5
celts432
Can barely lace up my sneakers

celts432 has an OK reputation so far

wally is playing on two bad ankles Gerlad should start with tony. however geralds d is a liability but prob. better than wally's for the time being
celts432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I want to see GG play, but they cant duck Wally's pt, especially with PP out.
JohnnySic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
braden.
Great young streetballer

Wally shouldn't even be playing until he's healthy. Doc says he's hurt right now. Why on earth are we rushing him back?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #8
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Doc Rivers is a fool, the Celts need to change coaches as soon as the season ends. This season should go towards developing Green and Jefferson, along with getting a high draft pick. The Celts should trade Wally for a first rounder, and some cap relief.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #9
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Doc Rivers is a fool, the Celts need to change coaches as soon as the season ends. This season should go towards developing Green and Jefferson, along with getting a high draft pick.

This is 100% correct. Coangelo in Toronto put pressure on Mitchell to play Bargnani despite how lost he looked on defense. Now the kid has improved greatly on both ends and the PT he is getting now will pay big time dividends in the next few years.

Boston is going nowhere this year and Wally will have nothing to do with the future of the Celtics. In fact they should trade him for whatever they can get just so they can give the burn to their young guys.

You guys have a nice looking young group of guys on the floor. Last thing you need is some coach screwing their progress up by playing veterans in a losing cause.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #10
boceltballa
I hit open layups

boceltballa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson
This is 100% correct. Coangelo in Toronto put pressure on Mitchell to play Bargnani despite how lost he looked on defense. Now the kid has improved greatly on both ends and the PT he is getting now will pay big time dividends in the next few years.

Boston is going nowhere this year and Wally will have nothing to do with the future of the Celtics. In fact they should trade him for whatever they can get just so they can give the burn to their young guys.

You guys have a nice looking young group of guys on the floor. Last thing you need is some coach screwing their progress up by playing veterans in a losing cause.

I think the C's should keep Sczerbiak and have him come off the bench. The C's were on fire when he came off the bench. He gives them a much needed veteran presence for the second unit. That is the only way I think the young guys can develop with Wally.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: