Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #16
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Raps Agree to Terms With Jamaal Magloire

a real centre, a veteran, a canadian, for 10 minutes a game, i like it
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #17
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

strictly a PR move by the Raptors to increase interest after the lock out.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #18
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

It seems that he isn't popular in Canada because he never wanted to play for Team Canada or involved in other way with his country. In addition we assume that he is signing for the veteran minimum, but it's BC so we have to wait to know the salary.

IMO this is a lost opportunity to give a chance to a young player with some potential.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #19
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
It seems that he isn't popular in Canada because he never wanted to play for Team Canada or involved in other way with his country. In addition we assume that he is signing for the veteran minimum, but it's BC so we have to wait to know the salary.

IMO this is a lost opportunity to give a chance to a young player with some potential.

Also true. But like I said, maybe Magloire doesn't even see the court, he's just here strictly as a mentor. We won't know until the season starts.

But you're right, as far as in game contributions, I'd rather a young player.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #20
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

We needed a fifth big.

he will play behind bargs, davis, amir and alabi.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #21
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Should improve our tanking. I like the move.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #22
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

I don't like Magloire, but w.e he's a scrub.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:37 AM   #23
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

No matter what, it makes us worse this season, and hopefully means more minutes for Davis, which are both good things. I just hope it's a really short, cheap contract. Magloire is old, and I would prefer he wasn't even on the roster when Valanciunas gets here.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:05 AM   #24
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
No matter what, it makes us worse this season, and hopefully means more minutes for Davis, which are both good things. I just hope it's a really short, cheap contract. Magloire is old, and I would prefer he wasn't even on the roster when Valanciunas gets here.

It's a 1 year contract. He won't be.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #25
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Report: Mickael Pietrus heading to Toronto Raptors

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...o_raptors.html

Quote:
Mickael Pietrus, who has not been re-signed by Phoenix Suns, accepted the proposal of Toronto Raptors, as reported by Sud Ouest.
The deal will be announced as soon as Pietrus will pass the medical tests. Pietrus was traded to Suns during last regular season from Orlando Magic and with Phoenix has played 38 games averaging 7.4ppg and 2rpg.

Nice move by the Raps and another ex-Phoenix Sun to the team.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #26
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
I seen Jamaal, and immediately thought we agreed to sign Crawford. Glad to see Its Magloire... cheaper, keeps the tank rolling.. and hopefully means we are done "looking" for a FA center.

Maybe - maybe not?

Bigs - Barges, Amir, SA and Jamal ? Throw in Davis for minutes at the 5?

Maybe this is a precursor to a move ?

I dunno pure speculation on my part.

But they signed Pietrus (??!) when we are absolutely - additionally - log jammed for minutes at the 3 with Klieza, Demar, Johnson.

I wonder if Jamal and Pietrus are the actual bench aquisitions for something else in a 3 way trade??

I cant even envision what it would be unless Kleiza, Barbosa and some of the bigs are off to another team for point guard.

Last edited by Jballer : 12-09-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #27
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Report: Mickael Pietrus heading to Toronto Raptors

I don't mind this move actually. He is a solid player that is good, but wont take us away from our tanking ways...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #28
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Don't mind the move but he better cut into Barbosa/Kleiza's PT rather than DeRozan or Johnson (nothing spectacular so far in his time here but I'd rather get a good look then overplay Pietrus for maybe an extra win or 2).
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #29
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Don't mind the move but he better cut into Barbosa/Kleiza's PT rather than DeRozan or Johnson (nothing spectacular so far in his time here but I'd rather get a good look then overplay Pietrus for maybe an extra win or 2).

With the logjam going on, I think there might be a trade coming....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #30
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Finally a player who can defend his position......
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: