Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #31
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Report: Mickael Pietrus heading to Toronto Raptors

This team could be very deep at this point.
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #32
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

as per my comments on Jamal.

With the log jam of Kleiza Demar Johnson I wonder if this is setting up another move.

We have lots and lots of depth seemingly at bigs and small forward.

Very little depth at PG.

Pure speculation on my part but I wonder.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #33
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

As long as he is here for less than a year I'll be happy. No way he signed for the min or anywhere close to it.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #34
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
As long as he is here for less than a year I'll be happy. No way he signed for the min or anywhere close to it.

I heard that he was traded for a conditional second round pick. Since raps have enough room under the cap to absorb his 5.3 mil salary, they were able to make the deal.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #35
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Don't mind the move but he better cut into Barbosa/Kleiza's PT rather than DeRozan or Johnson (nothing spectacular so far in his time here but I'd rather get a good look then overplay Pietrus for maybe an extra win or 2).
Same.

Derozan and Johnson better be ahead of him in the rotation. Pietrus is not going to improve anymore. What he is now is what he's going to be. Johnson might improve. The Raptors need to see what they have in him.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #36
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I haven't seen any other reports about this yet.. but if its true he better eat up Klezia and Barbosa's minutes. And all the talk about this setting us up for a trade kind of excites me.. but its also scary at the same time.

You never know what the hell BC is planning.

Oh and Pietrus / Johnson at SF would be pretty decent defensively.

Last edited by Harrison_Barnes : 12-09-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #37
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
And all the talk about this setting us up for a trade kind of excites me.. but its also scary at the same time.

You never know what the hell BC is planning.

It is just my speculation .. but jeez...

Amir signed 3-4 years left,
Barges signed 3-4 years left
Soloman A with a year left (?),
Jammer (JMag) from Scarberia (Scarboro) with a year
Ed still on rookie
Jonus V on his way according to the press

Is Patrick O'B still due money this year?

Now add to it:

Demar, last year of a rookie and a keeper
Joe J, last year of a rookie and a keeper
Pietrus - 2 more years
Kleiza - 3 more years ?

----

I'll leave Barbosa Bayliss and Calderon in the back court.

8 - 9 (10 if POB is still on contract) deep in the front court -
3 deep in the back court.....

Really ??? Really ??? We think that will last ???

Maybe Demar is shifted back to the 2 guard or perhaps Joe J gets minutes there as classic tweeners but frankly thats a bit of a stretch. I dont think either of those guys have the 3 point threat in their back pocket (esepcially Demar) to be playing 2 guard minutes. Pietrus has a 3 ball threat - maybe he is back court cause he is decent defensively - but its not his natural position as far as I know. he always played 3 for the Suns.

Do we think Calderon Bayliss and Barbosa can absorb 120 minutes in the backcourt between them ?

Last edited by Jballer : 12-09-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #38
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
It is just my speculation .. but jeez...

Amir signed 3-4 years left,
Barges signed 3-4 years left
Soloman A with a year left (?),
Jammer (JMag) from Scarberia (Scarboro) with a year
Ed still on rookie
Jonus V on his way according to the press

Is Patrick O'B still due money this year?

Now add to it:

Demar, last year of a rookie and a keeper
Joe J, last year of a rookie and a keeper
Pietrus - 2 more years
Kleiza - 3 more years ?

----

I'll leave Barbosa Bayliss and Calderon in the back court.

8 - 9 (10 if POB is still on contract) deep in the front court -
3 deep in the back court.....

Really ??? Really ??? We think that will last ???

Maybe Demar is shifted back to the 2 guard or perhaps Joe J gets minutes there as classic tweeners but frankly thats a bit of a stretch. I dont think either of those guys have the 3 point threat in their back pocket (esepcially Demar) to be playing 2 guard minutes. Pietrus has a 3 ball threat - maybe he is back court cause he is decent defensively - but its not his natural position as far as I know. he always played 3 for the Suns.

Do we think Calderon Bayliss and Barbosa can absorb 120 minutes in the backcourt between them ?

It is really hard to understand what you are talking about.

PG: Bayless, Calderon, Barbosa
SG: Derozan, Barbosa, Bayless, Pietrus
SF: James Johnson, Pietrus, Klieza
PF: Davis, Amir, Bargs
C: Bargs, Alabi, Maglore

We have enough depth at every position. 12 players total.
I can see us adding another D-league pg but that is all that is necessary.
Also Pietrus is on the last year of his contract, so he is a rent and see.

Let the tank commence.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #39
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation
Default Gary Forbes?!?

Apparently WE GOT HIM!!! WHHOOOOOoooooowait who the fugg is gary forbes?
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #40
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Good team player, plus now we have seven countries represented in the roster
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #41
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Gary Forbes?!?

you dont know who the **** Gary Forbes is? DUDE! and you call yourself a NBA fan? its GARY FORBES MAN! GARY FORBES!!!!
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #42
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

i predict a big trade coming. BC is great at pulling off some remarkable trades.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #43
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lmao, tha f*ck? It's like we're getting all these old scrubs that we've been rumored to be going after for years. Next we're gonna get Matt Barnes, Shane Battier and Boris Diaw. But in all seriousness, I couldn't care less about this move. Another one of those dudes that would be a great addition/role player piece on a championship contender, but that will be asked to do a lot more than he's capable of in Toronto. But, since neither he nor Mcgloire are significant enough to stop the tank, I approve this move.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #44
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
i predict a big trade coming. BC is great at pulling off some remarkable trades.
BC is pulling off what BC usually pulls off. Decent to good moves for average to slightly above average players. I'm just waiting for him to do something of significance like getting rid of Bargnani, Calderon, or both for some young talent and draft picks or something.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #45
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
BC is pulling off what BC usually pulls off. Decent to good moves for average to slightly above average players. I'm just waiting for him to do something of significance like getting rid of Bargnani, Calderon, or both for some young talent and draft picks or something.

I would love for them to get rid of Bargnani and calderon to maybe pick up a wing of some value.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: