Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Knicks fans (Melo & Stat vent).....

I am going to be more critical of STAT and MELO than any of you as long as they wear a Knick uniform.

2 MAX CONTRACTS should be ELITE players. They better start making a commitment to defense, rebounding, hustling, effort, and dirty work every MUTHAFRAKN' (Battlestar Galactica reference ) night. If LBJ and Wade can do it every single MUTHAFRAKN' night these 2 better do it. They both make more money than them. Dont tell me about any other max players from other teams because this is the standard I am holding them to.

You want the Knicks to get a 3rd Superstar but both guys took max deals WUTDAFRACK is that SHIZNIT. Melo came here took a max deal. REALLY? But you want a 3rd superstar here in NY? REALLY? Hey Melo you could have taken less money like LBJ and Wade. Stat I dont hate on that much when it was his turn but ya coulda taken less money to sign here if you REALLY believed the Knicks were going to try to get another superstud. Would have been risky but hey he could have done it.

No one is looking to play with these 2 guys for less money like other veteran minimum players. No one is beating down the door to get to NY unless its a huge paycheck. I wonder why?

Knickcity I do understand about the new CBA restructure deal lets see that happen.

You may RETORT:

Preface
Listen I could be wrong about the contract situation so I have no problem with that but the 1st paragraph that will never ever change!

I want you all to really get at me if you disagree. Go All In on me too (profanity, be mean if you like, I am not sensitive, call me out my name... but I prefer Rameek ) If you think I am wrong thats what brothers do.

If Stat or Melo happen to read this....

Disclaimer Clause: The view of this Knick fan should not be confused with other Knick fans on this site. They may not be the views of others here. Only judge the Original Poster harshly.

Last edited by Rameek : 12-12-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knicks fans (Melo & Stat vent).....

Well, no superstar in the world doesn't play D.
Even Dirk does (I think his D is underrated).

So yeah, I agree with you.
Especially Melo.
I like Melo a lot as an offensive force but I have always said that for me he's always missed that "something" on our end of the court to be a MUTHAFRAKN' LEADER.

I hope he proves me wrong.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Melo defends when he wants to, Amar'e doesn't know how.

I believe Melo will change his rep, Amar'e will be masked by Chandler, even Chandler said it the other day.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Melo defends when he wants to, Amar'e doesn't know how.

I believe Melo will change his rep, Amar'e will be masked by Chandler, even Chandler said it the other day.

This.

That's why my eyes will be on Melo.

Has he ever had such a good team around him?
Can you say that the 2009 Nuggets were better than this team?
Maybe, or maybe not, but they made the WCF that year, so I think it's not exaggerated to expect him to play really hard like it's the best chance he's ever had.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
This.

That's why my eyes will be on Melo.

Has he ever had such a good team around him?
Can you say that the 2009 Nuggets were better than this team?
Maybe, or maybe not, but they made the WCF that year, so I think it's not exaggerated to expect him to play really hard like it's the best chance he's ever had.
I don't think this team is better than that Nuggets team that year, but I think we could be similar.

That team was 7th on offense...8th in defense.

Guess who else has that ranking?

Dallas last season, and now we have their center.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Rameek, this thread is actually pretty good, later on I may have to re-title and stick it.

As far as our max cats I will be holding them accountable as well, and you know I call out these guys when they don't do their work, we go way back.

Like I said in the other post Amar'e will be masked by Chandler.

Amar'e will go back to his weak-side defense in the four spot, and his defensive woes will not be noticed.

We have an anchor in the middle now, and actually if I had to put them in order this how I hold the players accountable......

1)Melo

2)Chandler

3)Amar'e

Melo WANTED this stage and he wanted his max dollars.

He received everything he wanted, and now as fans of this club, I want everything from Melo.

Even D'antoni is putting the team future on him, by making it known Melo will have the offense ran through him.

This is what Melo wanted, he's my guy, but trust me, I will rip his ass indefinitely if he shows that lazy shit from Denver on this team.

Melo wanted this, mortgaged our future flexibility.

I expect to see plenty of that game 2 playoff Melo, and I will not be happy without it.

That was what a superstar SHOULD do.

Not really the numbers per se, because 42/17/6 is not realistic.

But the ability to carry the offense from a scoring and facilitating aspect is crucial, and he defended well from a rebounding and position aspect.

Chandler just have to man the post, and stay healthy...that's all.

He got his fat paycheck as well, I want to see our "anchor" screaming.......

"get that weak shit outta here", and get those rebounds.

Anything less that 12 rebounds 2 blocks will be a disgrace for the price.

Amar'e is in his natural spot now, no excuses, ball out, and help on defense.

And Amar'e needs stop bitchin' when he don't get the ball, like he did last year, Melo is that 1st option now...fall in line.

Nice rant for me too Rameek.

Impressed?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #7
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

KNICKCITY I bow down awesome post!

I am not giving Stat a pass for anything if he doesnt know how to play defense he better learn ASAP. 18 mill dictates it so. How many elite PF's will he have to face nightly? Not many so he MUST step up!

I didnt want to get in on Chandler yet because he hasnt played yet but for that money he better be healthy first and foremost! Then I wouldnt mind 12pts 12rbs 1.5 blks (I think he will alter shots more than get blocks and Stat blks should go up with those blindside swats).
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Trust me Rameek, I will vent on these guys.

Best believe that for sure.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #9
Jasi
Quality?

FisolaNYDN Frank Isola
Carmelo has hyper-extended left knee. His day to day according to Knicks. On second thought, it does sound serious

https://twitter.com/#!/FisolaNYDN/st...18177385713664
Old 12-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi

FisolaNYDN Frank Isola
Carmelo has hyper-extended left knee. His day to day according to Knicks. On second thought, it does sound serious

https://twitter.com/#!/FisolaNYDN/st...18177385713664
Season couldn't have started better for us

In b4 Amare injuries his knee and Chandler breaks his arm.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

alanhahn Alan Hahn
Melo walks by, no limp, says, "I'm good. I'm good. No worries." #Knicks #fb
6 minutes ago
Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #12
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
alanhahn Alan Hahn
Melo walks by, no limp, says, "I'm good. I'm good. No worries." #Knicks #fb
6 minutes ago
I hope he's ok.
It would be really bad if we lost one of our key players before the season even started.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not saying I'll give them a pass, but I dont want to do what we've done with every other star the Knicks have had. We criticize the star and ignore the real problems. Other than injury, the only real complaints you can mke about Stat & Melo is defense.I have no problems ripping a guy for being lazy on D but let's do that AFTER we tear into bums like Jared Jeffries for sucking on both ends of the court.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Rameek, I think you have every right to rip on these guys for how much we are paying them.

Hell if we get Jamal Crawford, I expect us to at least be competing with the Heat in seed positioning.

Jamal
Fields
Melo
Stat
Chandler

With Toney Douglas, Iman Shumpert, Jerome Jordan and hopefully Shawne Williams off the bench should have us finishing better then a 6th seed this year.

We have our anchor on defense, we would have our 3rd scorer in Jamal, and we'd have an elite role player who appears to be expanding his offensive game in Fields. Add good defensive and shooting guards off the bench and a big body off the bench to back up Chandler and theres no reason for Stat or Melo to fail. The pieces would be around them, they just have to pay like there paid.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Aite guys, let's not derail the thread, it's pretty good.

I'm guilty as well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: