Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #16
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Coaching Hot Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I think if the Bengals lose out, Marvin Lewis should be on the hot seat. The team has improved, but it will have been proven time and time again that when the stakes are raised, they come up short. Their record on his watch in the month of December isn't very good.

After this year he shouldn't be fired imo. Bengals had no expectations this year and they are putting together a decent record for a young team led by some rookies. If anything he should have been fired before the season but to fire him after this season would be unfair, also there isn't much candidates to replace him.

Quote:
Steve Spagnuolo

Andy Reid

Jason Garrett

Tom Coughlin

Jim Caldwell

Raheem Morris

Tony Sparano

Norv Turner

Pat Shurmer

Mike Shanahan

I'm undecided on Garret.. I think if they choke(which i think they will) then I can definitely see Jones firing him and going after a marquee name(Cowher, Gruden, etc..)

I see Reid staying. I think they'll just put the blame on the DC which is unfair and do some retooling. He has tenure and the owners like him from what I've heard.

Morris seems as good as gone, Turner is obvious. Coughlin will stay as NYG will make the playoffs, I think Caldwell gets another year and I see their team winning a game or two for him and you can't really blame him tbh..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
After this year he shouldn't be fired imo. Bengals had no expectations this year and they are putting together a decent record for a young team led by some rookies. If anything he should have been fired before the season but to fire him after this season would be unfair, also there isn't much candidates to replace him.

I'm undecided on Garret.. I think if they choke(which i think they will) then I can definitely see Jones firing him and going after a marquee name(Cowher, Gruden, etc..)

I see Reid staying. I think they'll just put the blame on the DC which is unfair and do some retooling. He has tenure and the owners like him from what I've heard.

Morris seems as good as gone, Turner is obvious. Coughlin will stay as NYG will make the playoffs, I think Caldwell gets another year and I see their team winning a game or two for him and you can't really blame him tbh..
whoever makes the post season in the NFC East will keep thier job...the other is in trouble, but could still stay maybe.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Spags was expected to win the division??? Pretty lofty expectations. Gotta be other reasons he gets fired besides not winning the division. I'd take him as a DC for the Eagles.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Spags was expected to win the division??? Pretty lofty expectations. Gotta be other reasons he gets fired besides not winning the division. I'd take him as a DC for the Eagles.
yes

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/0
Old 12-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #20
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

This is his 3rd year coaching the rams and usually that's the make or break year for HC's.. The team has regressed and their young talent that they are wasting picks and money on aren't performing well.

I personally think that roster is shit especially on the offensive side of the ball. I think Bradford is going to be a really good QB but his O-line isn't good, his receiving core is horrible, etc. It seems like they get shutout weekly.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Thats power rankings. I'm talkin bout Rams FO/owner. I didnt realize Josh McDaniels was the OC tho. Thats funny.

Quote:
This is his 3rd year coaching the rams and usually that's the make or break year for HC's.. The team has regressed and their young talent that they are wasting picks and money on aren't performing well.

True
Old 12-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #22
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Spags was definitely expected to win the division IMO, at least get to 8-8 or 9-7 like most expected, which people thought would have won it in early September. He's a nice DC I'm sure, but this team has played like shit, and I expect them to be more competitive even when Bradford has been playing because I know he's been injured.

The Rams have taken a big step back. I wasn't expecting them to light the world on fire, but this team has been weak. I know Bradford is "hurt" and doesn't have many receivers (he has Lloyd now so there's a decent one), but what makes you think this guy is going to be a franchise QB?

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 12-12-2011 at 10:41 PM.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #23
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Spags was definitely expected to win the division IMO, at least get to 8-8 or 9-7 like most expected, which people thought would have won it in early September. He's a nice DC I'm sure, but this team has played like shit, and I expect them to be more competitive even when Bradford has been playing because I know he's been injured.

The Rams have taken a big step back. I wasn't expecting them to light the world on fire, but this team has been weak. I know Bradford is "hurt" and doesn't have many receivers (he has Lloyd now so there's a decent one), but what makes you think this guy is going to be a franchise QB?]

It's really tough for a young QB to succeed on a roster like St. Louis.. It also doesn't help when he's been hurt and this is crucial as he can't get any chemistry what so ever, this season is practically a wash for Bradford. He had a pretty good rookie year although they protected him a bit and was a bit conservative. Most importantly he needs some talent around him, although Lloyd is a good he's not going to cut it not to mention his O-line is shit(didn't they waste multiple 1st rounders on the o-line?)

He has the tools and the pedigree to be a franchise QB.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:57 AM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
It's really tough for a young QB to succeed on a roster like St. Louis.. It also doesn't help when he's been hurt and this is crucial as he can't get any chemistry what so ever, this season is practically a wash for Bradford. He had a pretty good rookie year although they protected him a bit and was a bit conservative. Most importantly he needs some talent around him, although Lloyd is a good he's not going to cut it not to mention his O-line is shit(didn't they waste multiple 1st rounders on the o-line?)

He has the tools and the pedigree to be a franchise QB.
he really need a big tall possession reciever...that would be a HUGE help

then after that a speedy deep threat would be ideal

Lloyd is good but he is still a somewhat small target...
Old 12-13-2011, 02:50 AM   #25
irondarts

Man, after watching the Rams tonight, Josh McDaniels shouldn't be a coach of any sort in the NFL, his play calling was just horrid, it took him 6 plays on the 1 yard line to finally give it to Steven Jackson. Just embarrassing.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:57 AM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Man, after watching the Rams tonight, Josh McDaniels shouldn't be a coach of any sort in the NFL, his play calling was just horrid, it took him 6 plays on the 1 yard line to finally give it to Steven Jackson. Just embarrassing.
he is a big reason why Bradford has supposedly "regressed"
Old 12-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
he is a big reason why Bradford has supposedly "regressed"

Old 12-14-2011, 01:42 AM   #28
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Steve Spagnuolo - Gone

Andy Reid - Maybe 1 more season

Jason Garrett - Hopefully, they keep him

Tom Coughlin - He should get more time

Jim Caldwell - He should get more time

Raheem Morris - Maybe 1 more season

Tony Sparano - He should get more time

Norv Turner - Should be gone

Pat Shurmer - Give him a chance

Mike Shanahan - I think he has a couple years
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #29
franchise#3
Local High School Star

Jim Harbaugh - The red zone offense is unacceptable
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #30
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
Jim Harbaugh - The red zone offense is unacceptable

the harbaughs are football GODS who deserve to be enshrined with the woodens, coach Ks , and lambardis.

FIRE JASON GARRETT dude is a scrub. make him a QB coach or WR coach but dude should not be making important calls.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: