Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-02-2007, 01:16 AM   #76
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far

Why would you go for two on the first posession. Maybe in the third overtime, but not in the first, especially after your D allows 7 points in the second half.
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:23 AM   #77
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
The boise state coach wouldve done it. Thats just my opinion and you can kiss my ass if you dont like it.

OU lost because of it so kiss my ass

No he wouldnt have you dumbass. No one goes for two in OT on the first possession.

hawker the idiot "But why did Boise go for 2 GoBB?"

They went for the win. Its different. They are down 7. The scored 6 and instead of going back and forth they decided to put thier chips in the middle of the table and go for it. Full Monty. Win or lose...no going back and forth. Afterall OU was the favorite. They went for it and it was successful. They go for it and dont get it? Ehhh they tried...no regrets.

But you dont and NEVER go for two on the first possession. You obviously dont have a clue and what you spew isnt an opinion. Its stupidity. Everyone here with a brain would agree. Again just shut up and listen to people who know football.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:25 AM   #78
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Louisville vs. Wake Forest should be a boring one.

LSU vs. Notre Dame, eh, ND isn't that good but it's worth it just to watch for all the NFL prospects on both teams

Ohio State vs. Florida, I'm hoping it's a good one.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:29 AM   #79
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Stevie
Louisville vs. Wake Forest should be a boring one.

LSU vs. Notre Dame, eh, ND isn't that good but it's worth it just to watch for all the NFL prospects on both teams

Ohio State vs. Florida, I'm hoping it's a good one.

I suggest you watch Wake Forrest and Louisville. Boring it wont be. And I wanna see Quinn vs LSU defense. Also Russell vs Quinn. I like Russell potential in the pros. Hopefully he declares.

Dunno who i like in osu vs florida. OSU is the popular choice but Reggie Nelson the best DB in the country lost his mother...and he declared initially because he wanted to take care of her. Week later she passes away. He'll be laying cats out and taking it to the house so Troy better stay away.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:46 AM   #80
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

I haven't watched much of Wake Forest except for the ACC Championship game. Can they hang with Louisville? QB Brohm from Louisville is another prospect to watch for.

ND/LSU, I like the WR matchup as well, with Bowe and Davis vs. Samardijza and McKnight. Not sold on Samardijza being an elite NFL WR though. He might play baseball anyway.

Florida/OSU, as long as Chris Leak doesn't do anything stupid, they should have a chance.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:48 AM   #81
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They'll play up Wake Forest's feel good story for the millionth time. A game like tonights would seem fitting.

But I think Louisville will own them from start to finish.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:29 AM   #82
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
They'll play up Wake Forest's feel good story for the millionth time. A game like tonights would seem fitting.

But I think Louisville will own them from start to finish.

*holds up 5*

Nuff said!
Old 01-02-2007, 02:38 AM   #83
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
...and if USC played like they did against UCLA, I'm sure Ohio State could take them. So what's your point?

SC wasn't prepared against UCLA. UCLA had 2 weeks to prepare and have a former USC assistant as their defensive coordinator...
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:40 AM   #84
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I suggest you watch Wake Forrest and Louisville. Boring it wont be. And I wanna see Quinn vs LSU defense. Also Russell vs Quinn. I like Russell potential in the pros. Hopefully he declares.

Dunno who i like in osu vs florida. OSU is the popular choice but Reggie Nelson the best DB in the country lost his mother...and he declared initially because he wanted to take care of her. Week later she passes away. He'll be laying cats out and taking it to the house so Troy better stay away.

LSU should dominate ND and win by at least 2 touchdowns
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #85
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Old 01-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #86
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

I agree with that pic.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #87
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

USC vs. Michigan has never been a good rose bowl matchup for Michigan. I suspect the trend wouldn't be so glaring if those games were played in the Sliverdome, or Ford Field.

This game didn't mean anything, anyway. Michigan blew the season a month ago in Columbus
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #88
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...t&lid=tab3pos1

Quote:
2 Playoffs? You want to talk about playoffs? Those who advocate a playoff system in Division I-A college football will point to Boise State's win as further evidence that the BCS system should be scrapped. And it's a logical argument. An undefeated team should be allowed to play for the national championship. But therein lies the problem: it's an argument that makes sense. The university presidents who keep the BCS going clearly don't trade in things that make sense. Now, have a magical talking unicorn who is fluent in Vulcan speak to them about a playoff system and you might be closer to their wavelength. It would also help if the magical talking unicorn had a huge check tacked to his horn.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #89
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ...

Quote:
SC wasn't prepared against UCLA. UCLA had 2 weeks to prepare and have a former USC assistant as their defensive coordinator...

that pretty pathetic if thats the excuse for the loss.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #90
Maximum310
High School JV MVP

Maximum310 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Stevie
4th quarter of this game > 4th quarter of USC/Texas

DisAgree.....Yesterdays game was a Classic and was very fun to watch,
But, It wasnt for the National Tiltle. Boise St. went for the 2 point conversion because they had nothing to lose, just making a BCS bowl game and taking an overrated OU team to OT was enough for them!
So they won, WOW theyre the Tositos Bowl Champion

National Championship > Tostitos Champion
Maximum310 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: