Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #16
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Espn 1st Take

I like Skip cause he's entertaining, but I can see why athletes hate him. Its one thing to attack a current player, but to attack a former player like that after his career is over just cause he disagrees with your opinion is pretty ridiculous.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #17
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
yeah love or hate Skip, the show IS good for sure...

I enjoyed it when it wasn't milked to death with the same Tebow topics for the whole show. The Packers absolutely dominated the Raiders, but I bet there was one topic all week about it. Drew Brees is getting no attention and won on the road against a pretty solid Tennessee team. I could go on. I'm tired of the show being milked to death with Tebow, and Romo all week.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #18
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I'm the only one I know...

he is like Bill Maher...people hate him but just have to watch him

on this debate Skip is CORRECT though...obviously Tebow inspires to some degree

and Skip is also correct in saying that some players are the worst annylists ever...just cause Carter played doesn't make his opinion any more legit than a fan that watches all day.

Yes it does. Players have a lot more insight than a fan does. They see how someone prepares or performs in practice, their dedication to their craft.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #19
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No, because Skip Bayless is on it.

Like seriously... who watches 1st Take?
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #20
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
No, because Skip Bayless is on it.

Like seriously... who watches 1st Take?

Obviously I'm not the only one considering there's quite a few threads about First Take almost every two weeks or so, more so than any of ESPN's other shows.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #21
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I enjoyed it when it wasn't milked to death with the same Tebow topics for the whole show. The Packers absolutely dominated the Raiders, but I bet there was one topic all week about it. Drew Brees is getting no attention and won on the road against a pretty solid Tennessee team. I could go on. I'm tired of the show being milked to death with Tebow, and Romo all week.
I am sick of Tebow talk as well as Romo bashing...that is the sports media in general though...it's every show

Tebow is like the new Favre
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #22
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Yes it does. Players have a lot more insight than a fan does. They see how someone prepares or performs in practice, their dedication to their craft.
obviousy on people they play with their opinion is >>>>...

the players are some of the absolute worst probowl voters there are though...we are the ones watching every game...some of the players don't even know starters names on other teams...

the players top-100 list is an absolute joke...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #23
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

people who think skip bayless is threadworthy disgust me.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Cris Carter's comebacks were just as low blow as Skip's. Cris brought up the whole "Well I've been on the football field!" argument which kinda started it, which is fine, but other people are allowed to say that he's wrong..

He brought it up because he said Skip was wrong about saying Tebow inspired the Broncos. Cris then said his experience in professional football having played he doesnt agree with players making plays because they are inspired by 1 player. He used himself as an example later on in the argument which is true. Cris Carter was a Christian full of faith, he had a great work ethic, was a professional and delivered on the field. Yet Vikes got their asses owned 41-0 to the NYG. So Cris Carter left his inspiration at home? Or did Cris inspire the wrong players, namely the NYG that thumped them? I think thats Cris Carters point on the whole he inspired the whole football team thing as giving him too much credit. Did he inspire Prater to nail the 59yder? Did he inspire the defense to make Barber fumble? To me thats what Cris Carter was getting at.

Skip Bayless got offended and all emotional because someone felt his opinion was wrong. And Skip feels strongly about his opinion on Tebow to the point his opinions in his mind are right.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #25
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

That's always Skip being Skip, pretty biased on certain topics (Tebow, A-Rodgers, Favre, LeBron even though he's been right for the most part, etc), and never wrong in his eyes. He's really been lucky about his opinion on Tebow so far. I'm still entertained by the show despite it. Cris started to bring a few low blows back at Skip which I thought was funny though. SAS does a decent job at trying to get things out of Skip and knows his tactics of argument on the show, lol.

Good thing Skip "covered his tracks" like he does quite often, and said that Brady is going to be Tebow's worst nightmare on Sunday, because I think there is the possibility of that.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 12-13-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #26
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

You all should search "Jalen Rose owns Skip Bayless" on YouTube. He was spot on
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #27
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If anything Stephen A Smith owned Skip at the end.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #28
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The show is ****ing retarded. By far the worst show on Television.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #29
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Charles Barkley on the Dan Patrick show a couple of weeks ago:

Quote:
Hey Dan, I been watching your show. You're doin' a good job, bro. And I wanna tell you the best thing you ever did. You know, 'cause I hate Skip Bayless more than any person in the world? Thank you for giving me an alternative so I don't have to watch Skip Bayless in the morning. I will always be indebted to you so that I don't have to watch that asshole, Skip Bayless.

When he said this I laughed my ass off, truer words have never been spoken.

edit:

here's the video of Barkley on the DP Show making the comments - link

Last edited by irondarts : 12-13-2011 at 05:41 PM.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #30
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

I'd love for Skip to go play a game in the NFL.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: