Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default My hopes for the new collective bargaining agreement (Roy related)

There has been plenty of talk about teams being allowed a 1 time ability to release a player's contract from the salary cap. I more than ever want this to come true so we can release Roy. Roy is now extremely overpaid as we have known all season. I have wanted to see him learn how to adapt his game in a supporting role. But not only has he struggled to do so, he is also whining in ways that could be detrimental to the team. He even called out his disappointment in Rudy and Patty getting more minutes than him. Yes that is unfortunate for Roy, and I even agree that Patty was not playing well enough to earn more minutes, but it still doesn't help that he is calling Nate out and complaining about his own teammates getting minutes. I really hope he is playing his final games as a Blazer given his attitude this season. He tried to act the way people wanted him to, but the problem is that it was an act and not him being genuine and his recent comments demonstrate this.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #2
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: My hopes for the new collective bargaining agreement (Roy related)

You sure, bro?
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:12 AM   #3
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
You sure, bro?

Yep. 1 decent game does not mean his $80M contract is worth it.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

His game is speaking for itself now.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
His game is speaking for itself now.

Yeah. Now he is going to make it a tough decision.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn it's really really tough
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
Myth

Roy's play is bi-polar. One night he is on and he looks like a hero. The next, he can't make a shot to save his life. As emotional as it would be to lose Roy, especially after game 4s heroics, the Blazers will need to set aside emotions when they make the decision for the Blazers. If Roy helps carry us to the WCF, then I can see us taking the risk of keeping his contract even if we have the opportunity to get out. But as much attachment as there is to Roy, if his heroics still aren't enough to get us out of the 1st round or throw down a stinker in round 2, then we still need to let him go (if we have that option).
Old 11-29-2011, 04:32 AM   #8
Myth

Bump.

Well, now it seems it may come true, but I have 1 problem with it. The amnesty does not have a set deadline as I once thought. With that said, I don't hope we blindly release him without giving him a second look. I say we give him 1 more season to see what he can do in a Blazer uniform and then we can release him if it isn't working out. That is unless there is a situation where we have a chance to sign a good player and Roy's contract is the only thing in the way, but as it stands, we would still be above the cap even if we release Roy, so the only thing releasing him does is saves Paul Allen tax dollars (unless Roy's presence actually hurts the team).
Old 11-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
verylegit
functioning alcoholic

verylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation here

I don't know if Suns can afford him but I'd be excited to take him! We have a great medical staff, i.e. Grant Hill playing 82 games.
verylegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #10
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Like it was said, Roy deserve a chance .. that's AT LEAST what he deserves after all what he has done for us.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #11
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

If I could be impartial and just look at FACTS, I wouldn't pause to use the amnesty on him...it's a good business decision, but I can't be impartial, I'm a huge fan of Brandon Roy....that said, if he is unable of either a significant contributor or of fitting in as a non-starter (if he's unable to play to that level), then I say use the amnesty on him after this season.

(Sorry i didn't edit anything, it was my mistake lol)

Last edited by Maga_1 : 12-06-2011 at 09:21 PM.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #12
Maga_1

I think we should stay with him this year, there isn't a good free agent that we need on the market now .. so we can stay with Roy, give him a chance and then if things don't work out amnesty him next summer and try some good free agents.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: