Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-14-2011, 12:55 AM   #31
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation
Default Re: Top 5 WRs in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Nelson has ZERO claim to a top 5 WR position.

You wanna make a claim for Welker? That's fine. His numbers are amazing. But he is a slot receiver, which is much different from a flanker or end. A slot receiver is not lining up against the opposing team's best corner. He is usually guarded by a line backer or safety.

You have shown your complete ignorance of the game of football...do you know who Derrelle Revis is......let me tell you, he's considered the best CB in the league.....do you know who covered Wes Welker when the Jets played the Patriots.....c'mon, you can fill in the blank....and do you know who Welker burned on a 79 yard reception....I'm gonna let you guess..... Next, you're gonna tell me that the only reason Welker puts up great numbers is because Randy Moss is getting triple teamed on the other side..... Dude, simply put...you have no credibility on the subject at this point...... If you don't believe me do a little reading:

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/20...e_revis_p.html
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #32
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
In 2006 Andre Johnson caught 103 balls with David Carr at QB the whole season.

Simply put, Matt Schaub made Andre Johnson a "top five" WR in the league over the past five years....prior to Schaub showing up in Houston, Andre Johnson was just a "run of the mill" WR for the most part......he is now a "system" receiver being thrown to by one of the best QBs in the league....unfortunately for the Texans, both are now hurt and not playing....and any discussion that Johnson should be considered a "top five" WR this year over Jordy Nelson and Wes Welker is not only absurd but, quite frankly, racist..........
Old 12-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #33
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
You have shown your complete ignorance of the game of football...do you know who Derrelle Revis is......let me tell you, he's considered the best CB in the league.....do you know who covered Wes Welker when the Jets played the Patriots.....c'mon, you can fill in the blank....and do you know who Welker burned on a 79 yard reception....I'm gonna let you guess..... Next, you're gonna tell me that the only reason Welker puts up great numbers is because Randy Moss is getting triple teamed on the other side..... Dude, simply put...you have no credibility on the subject at this point...... If you don't believe me do a little reading:

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/20...e_revis_p.html

Quote:
In their Week 4 meeting, a 30-21 victory for the Patriots in Foxborough, the result was decidedly in Welker's favor. The two were matched up on 42 plays and Welker made two catches for 77 yards on three targets.
There was some debate at the time as to whether Welker's 73-yard reception to start the third quarter should be scored against Revis or safety Eric Smith, but the cornerback stepped up to take the blame earlier this week.

So 42 plays, 2 catches, 77 yards, 1 catch was 73 yards and it was debatable as to who should have covered. Revis played the good soldier and took responsibility.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:05 AM   #34
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm gonna have to assume that Pete didn't get laid last night....

At the OP.....here's my list:

Wes Welker
Steve Smith
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Jordy Nelson

Not enough whities for my liking.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #35
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
So 42 plays, 2 catches, 77 yards, 1 catch was 73 yards and it was debatable as to who should have covered. Revis played the good soldier and took responsibility.

So you are saying that Derelle Revis is a LB......
Old 12-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #36
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm gonna have to assume that Pete didn't get laid last night....

At the OP.....here's my list:

Wes Welker
Steve Smith
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Jordy Nelson

Eh, people who make LISTS want people to read their LIST and compliment them. Look at my LIST, let's make some LISTS, LIST your top 5 place kickers, who will be in number one, oh oh, can't wait to find out!!!!

who fuuucking caaaaaaares

With that said, in no order:

Welker
Gronkowski

everyone else
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:08 AM   #37
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So you are saying that Derelle Revis is a LB......

Do you think "usually" means the same thing as "always"?

Aren't you white? You should know this shit.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:16 AM   #38
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Not enough whities for my liking.

What you really meant to say was "not enough darkies for my liking.....ESPN and Rivals.com have been telling me for years that European Americans can't play the WR position.....but, damn, every weekend I sit in my LazyBoy wiff my beer and see Welker, and Decker, and Hartline, and Jordy Nelson and Riley Cooper and Kevin Walter and Austin Collie making these amazing catches.....and I know that they were all walk-ons in college and probably didn't get drafted......but I love A.J. Green cause he's 'athletic' "........
Old 12-14-2011, 01:16 AM   #39
iDefend5
Banned

iDefend5 is a pretty well-respected posteriDefend5 is a pretty well-respected posteriDefend5 is a pretty well-respected poster

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Andre Johnson
4. Greg Jennings
5. Can't decide between Mike Wallace, Hakeem Nicks, and Brandon Marshall.

Andre might be #1 or #2 if he were healthy but he has been nagging with injuries recently. The top 3 are in their own tier though and I think that should be clear.
iDefend5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #40
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Eh, people who make LISTS want people to read their LIST and compliment them. Look at my LIST, let's make some LISTS, LIST your top 5 place kickers, who will be in number one, oh oh, can't wait to find out!!!!

who fuuucking caaaaaaares

With that said, in no order:

Welker
Gronkowskieveryone else

I will alert Coach Bellichick that Gronkowski has been moved to the WR position...I'm sure he will appreciate our input on this matter.....
Old 12-14-2011, 01:21 AM   #41
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDefend5
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Andre Johnson
4. Greg Jennings5. Can't decide between Mike Wallace, Hakeem Nicks, and Brandon Marshall.

Andre might be #1 or #2 if he were healthy but he has been nagging with injuries recently. The top 3 are in their own tier though and I think that should be clear.

So Jordy Nelson has better stats in every category with 31 less targets....but Jennings makes your top 5.....toooooo funny.... And Andre Johnson who you have to find on the second page of top WRs stats is #3.......man, Letterman will not make me laugh this much tonight....
Old 12-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #42
iDefend5
Banned

iDefend5 is a pretty well-respected posteriDefend5 is a pretty well-respected posteriDefend5 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
So Jordy Nelson has better stats in every category with 31 less targets....but Jennings makes your top 5.....toooooo funny.... And Andre Johnson who you have to find on the second page of top WRs stats is #3.......man, Letterman will not make me laugh this much tonight....
Are we talking about this season, or are we talking about just the top 5 WRs in the NFL? Those are two different questions. I answered the question of who the top 5 WRs in the NFL are not the question of who are the top 5 WRs this season.
iDefend5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:25 AM   #43
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Do you think "usually" means the same thing as "always"?

Aren't you white? You should know this shit.

You said that Welker was always covered by LBs and safeties......I pointed out, and backed up the fact and reality that he was covered by the "best CB in the league"....what part of "you are an idiot who knows nothing about football" do you not understand?......
Old 12-14-2011, 01:29 AM   #44
Sarcastic

Quote:
You said that Welker was always covered by LBs and safeties......I pointed out, and backed up the fact and reality that he was covered by the "best CB in the league"....what part of "you are an idiot who knows nothing about football" do you not understand?......

No I didn't. And you actually went out of your way to bold what I said.

Sprechen sie Englisch?
Old 12-14-2011, 01:34 AM   #45
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

While I think it's partly annoying that Welker is left off almost all of these lists, especially for the likes of Hakeem Nicks and Brandon Marshall, there really shouldn't be any discussion on the fact that Andre Johnson should be on the list, he wasn't just a run of the mill receiver until Schaub, I don't know where the hell you're getting that from, the 3rd overall pick is not considered a run of the mill guy, he was highly touted since joining the league and has performed as such, he has benefited from Schaub, but he was never considered just a run of the mill guy.

If we're going on stats this year, he's not top 5, but he's been ravaged by injuries, but if we're talking about top 5 guys I'd take year in and year out, Andre is near the top of the list, and that's not even really a discussion in most people's eyes, and if you can't admit that, you're the one being racist.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: