Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 12-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default Stuckey Not Happy With Offer....

I actually think this is a pretty fair offer to Stuckey. I can't imagine a team giving him more than this, especially under the new CBA. I don't think Stuckey should be breaking 10 million per season.

Quote:
The Detroit Pistons and restricted free agent Rodney Stuckey are struggling to come to terms on a long-term contract, sources said. Stuckey, the Pistons' top free agent this offseason, is balking at what the Pistons are prepared to pay him. The Pistons have discussed a deal that would pay Stuckey between $40 million and $45 million over five years, according to sources. ESPN.com

Quote:
The Detroit Pistons and restricted free agent Rodney Stuckey are struggling to come to terms on a long-term contract, sources said. Stuckey, the Pistons' top free agent this offseason, is balking at what the Pistons are prepared to pay him. The Pistons have discussed a deal that would pay Stuckey between $40 million and $45 million over five years, according to sources. ESPN.com

I also wouldn't agree to a sign and trade. I can't see us getting a good deal in return. I'd much rather let him walk and have the cap space if that's what we have to do. It's not like this guy is a proven all-star at this point in his career. Part of the problem with the NBA and why they had to go on lockout was because players of Stuckey's caliber were making too much. Of course that's the owners own fault, but it's good to see they aren't trying to make the same mistakes. We could draft a player to replace Stuckey pretty quick. I've always had his back, but this whole thing with him trying to get too much money is crazy to me.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

Default Re: Stuckey Not Happy With Offer....

He wants to get paid All-Star money and he's no where near being a All-Star. He's a good player, but not a great player. I say either sign and trade or just let him sign that one year deal and let him walk next season and just completely rebuild.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
percolator
I brick open layups

Stuckey isn't worth half of that contract. He's led his team to 27 and 30 wins the last two years and he can't shoot. I've never understood Dumars fascination with this guy and the idea that he's a starting caliber PG. Very average player and certainly not a guy you want to build around.
percolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

I'd like to see him play exclusively at the 2 guard spot, but not for that type of money..

4 years for 26 mill would be my max offer, im still high on stucky...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #5
Stuckey
ifirtworld

happy for stuck but sad for the team
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
I'd like to see him play exclusively at the 2 guard spot, but not for that type of money..

4 years for 26 mill would be my max offer, im still high on stucky...

I see him getting 8 or 9 million per season. He's good enough for that. He's looking for more than 10 which is far too high. I don't see any team making him that offer. There's nobody with that kind of cap space. Plus he's just not at that level of his game yet.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

Well, I made that last post and didn't realize that he had re-signed already, lol. This seems like a good deal for both sides.

Quote:
The Pistons have agreed to terms with restricted free-agent guard Rodney Stuckey, according to sources. Stuckey signed a three-year, $25 million deal with the Pistons Saturday. Stuckey was drafted 15th by the Pistons in 2007, averaged 15.5 points and 5.2 assists last season in 70 games (54 starts). Detroit News

The Pistons are paying Rodney Stuckey for his potential, and his age, that's reasonable. This isn't a five- or six-year contract, it's three. $8 million per season might seem like a lot, but it's the going rate for talented young guards like Mike Conley and Marcus Thornton. Plus, remember that Caron Butler, who has an injury history and is on the statistical decline, signed a three-year, $24 million contract just last week. If it isn't working out from a chemistry standpoint in a season or two, it should be very easy to move Stuckey's contract in a trade. Michigan Live
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: