Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Unknowns

What unknown coming into the Knicks season are you most intrigued about? Whether is be chemistry, defense, coaching, a player in particular etc.

I'm most anxious to see Shumpert play. I readily admit, I wanted to draft Marshon Brooks and if we were drafting right now, and I was GM, he'd be my pick. I also thought we could have traded down and got him still. However, I'm really anxious to see what Shumpert can do.I remember being a HUGE advocate for us drafting Wilson Chandler when some people were down on the idea. I like players that come to the NBA with "guaranteed" things they can do. Like Chandler, Shumpert comes to the table with an NBA body and athleticism. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be good,but that's two things he won't have to focus his attention on much. He also has experience playing both guard positions. Personally, I'd like us to try him out at the point. I would like to see us become a run-n-gun team because with him flying up the court with the front court we have...we could be very dangerous
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Unknowns

shumpert balling is most intriguing for me too, i really want him to prove everyone wrong

but the most unknown is how bad/good will our pg situation get...maybe bibby comes back and plays well...or he doesnt..douglas struggling to pass the ball..
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Only 2 weeks to prepare for a season smells like bad basketball and many injuries. The latter the Knicks cant withstand. With that said I think in this shortened time chemistry and player deployment will be critical. I remember D'Antoni mixing things up so much in the beginning of the season I dont think we can do that now. Communication on defense will it get better. Will the team listen to Mike Woodson or ignore him too like they do D'Antoni?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

we need someone who can run P&Rs with STAT but we don't really have that guy that would be a couple of easy points every game

but otherwise i'm not really concerned about the go situation because our main offensive weapons can create for themselves but the unknowns is what system will mike run how will we play

what we lack most is depth and i don't know how we are going to deal with that in such a tight schedule

Last edited by blablabla : 12-14-2011 at 04:39 PM.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

I just wanna see a successful year, i really would love for xmas to see the knicks blow somebody out, im 45 and have been a fan since i was in the 5th grade. For the money the knicks spend they should not keep giving me nail biters.

Last edited by percelloveknicks : 12-14-2011 at 11:50 AM.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thank you Bluechox and Rameek for staying on topic lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Thank you Bluechox and Rameek for staying on topic lol
lmfao sorry man, sometimes this team gets the best of me
Old 12-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

The unknown for me would have to be the defense, can we be a good rebounding team, can we get stops.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
The unknown for me would have to be the defense, can we be a good rebounding team, can we get stops.

If those can be done, I wouldn't be concerned with much else.

Those are my "unknowns" as well.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
this
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
redrich2000
I brick open layups

redrich2000 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
What unknown coming into the Knicks season are you most intrigued about? Whether is be chemistry, defense, coaching, a player in particular etc.

I'm most anxious to see Shumpert play. I readily admit, I wanted to draft Marshon Brooks and if we were drafting right now, and I was GM, he'd be my pick. I also thought we could have traded down and got him still. However, I'm really anxious to see what Shumpert can do.I remember being a HUGE advocate for us drafting Wilson Chandler when some people were down on the idea. I like players that come to the NBA with "guaranteed" things they can do. Like Chandler, Shumpert comes to the table with an NBA body and athleticism. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be good,but that's two things he won't have to focus his attention on much. He also has experience playing both guard positions. Personally, I'd like us to try him out at the point. I would like to see us become a run-n-gun team because with him flying up the court with the front court we have...we could be very dangerous

The biggest unknown is: are we a better team than were last season. We've added a better Centre and lost solid PG. I think that means we are not really much better off, if at all unless:

1: Chandler does make other players better defensively and changes our defensive culture.

2. Iman turns out much better than expected.

3. One or both of Fields and Douglas break through and play their best ball consistently.

4. We swing some miracle and add someone like Crawford.

I think for us to contend in East ALL of those have to work out.
redrich2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #12
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chandler's impact - how motivated will he be? can he really make other defenders better?
bench scoring production - would it be more advantageous to have TD come off the bench and then close out games with the starting lineup?
Melo's facilitation - below 4 apg is a major disappointment
health - obviously
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #13
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Unknown?

How about what type of medical/family leave D'Antoni will have to take in order to make room for Phil Jackson.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: