Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #16
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: College Player Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I'd want Tony Wroten. If we go after guards, they have to be combo guards that can play point. Wroten IMO is the best prospect in this draft. Good BBall IQ, high defensive ceiling, and a good motor. I'm not sure where he is projected to go, because I have seen him as high as a lotto pick, and as low as a a mid-2nd rounder.

I like Wroten and wouldn't mind him being an addition to our roster, but he really needs to work on his jumpshot both from midrange and the three point line.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #17
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I like Wroten and wouldn't mind him being an addition to our roster, but he really needs to work on his jumpshot both from midrange and the three point line.

If his shot was any better, he would get picked in the top 5. It works to our benefit that he has those areas of improvement because we have the 29th pick.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #18
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
If his shot was any better, he would get picked in the top 5. It works to our benefit that he has those areas of improvement because we have the 29th pick.

I see what your saying and I agree. I also agree with you that we need a combo guard, but I'd like a combo guard with more shooting guard skills than point guard skills. I feel like he is more of a point guard with minimal shooting guard skills if you know what I mean.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #19
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I agree with you about the guys in bold, but I'm hoping that somehow the Bulls find a way to move up in the draft to give themselves the chance to get one of these guys. Bulls could package both our first round pick and second round pick along with Ronnie Brewer to move up. I think Lamb, Ross, and Beal will all go before Rivers. I'd love for us to get either of the top three with Ross being my #1 choice because I feel he is the most complete but I'd be happy with Rivers.
Austin may be a bit undersized, but I feel he is the best playmaker and ball handler out of the bunch. He can be our combo guard which I feel we need.
I could see him becoming a Jason Terry/Leandro Barbosa type of player if he works on playing under control and playing smart.

And yeah Fournier is the guy out of France. Some obvious weaknesses in his game but is said to be an excellent scorer which we could use and maybe he'll fall because he's somewhat of an unknown but may be full of potential and possibly turn into a Ginobli type of a player.

I'd be happy with either one of the guys on the list though. Feel like Thibs and the rest of the staff will do a good job developing even though they may not get a lot of playing time. Even though I think Thibs will spread out playing time better starting next season. I think the coaching staff and the organization will go the best player available route though.
Good point about Austin. I think he might one day turn into that player, but I don't know if he ever will. I reallyyyy question his maturity. Which is a rarity of a Coach K player, but I think he fell into the one and done love. But that's a whole other topic.

After watching some Fournier clips earlier today. He looks to be a smart player, with a real good motor and some defensive chops. I'd love to get this guy now. His shot seems kinda wonky though.

Totally agree they'll go best player available they did that with Jimmy, and it worked pretty damn well. Same with Taj. I have faith in whoever we draft. Management has done an EXCELLENT job scouting the last three or so years.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #20
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I see what your saying and I agree. I also agree with you that we need a combo guard, but I'd like a combo guard with more shooting guard skills than point guard skills. I feel like he is more of a point guard with minimal shooting guard skills if you know what I mean.

We could change the name in discussion to Derrick Rose, and you would be describing him before he was drafted. LOL Things do change, and players become better NBA shooters after 4-5 years in the league.

Anyways, it's unfortunate that we don't have a create a player option. Instead, we have the options to pick the best available. That would also include a strong possibility of drafting Fab Melo, if he's still on the board.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #21
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kevin Murphy, G/F, Tennessee Tech

Murphy was one of the best scorers in college basketball this season (he put up 50 points against SIU Edwardsville this season), and he showed in New Jersey he can get his own when the level of competition increases. That was a major concern for NBA scouts after Murphy struggled against top competition during the college season.

Murphy wasn't the most explosive player in New Jersey, but he is quick, has a sophisticated midrange game, can shoot the long ball, and has shown that he can create his own shot in a variety of ways.

"He's such a natural scorer and can get the ball in the basket a variety of ways," one GM said. "He reminds me a little of Kevin Martin. I think he'd be in the mix in the late first."

Semi-rival school, so I saw the guy play a few times in person. Guy is legit. But I don't know if I'd draft him in the first round.

Last edited by Rose : 05-25-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #22
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Kevin Murphy, G/F, Tennessee Tech

Murphy was one of the best scorers in college basketball this season (he put up 50 points against SIU Edwardsville this season), and he showed in New Jersey he can get his own when the level of competition increases. That was a major concern for NBA scouts after Murphy struggled against top competition during the college season.

Murphy wasn't the most explosive player in New Jersey, but he is quick, has a sophisticated midrange game, can shoot the long ball, and has shown that he can create his own shot in a variety of ways.

"He's such a natural scorer and can get the ball in the basket a variety of ways," one GM said. "He reminds me a little of Kevin Martin. I think he'd be in the mix in the late first."

Semi-rival school, so I saw the guy play a few times in person. Guy is legit. But I don't know if I'd draft him in the first round.

I pulled up some videos of Kevin Murphy after reading you mention him here and he does look like a pretty good player.

I've seen a couple of mocks have us picking Orlando Johnson a SG from UC Santa Barbara which i know nothing about.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #23
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Wroten will go lottery, prob top 10- he and Jared Cunningham are the two most overlooked prospects in the draft right now.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #24
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
I pulled up some videos of Kevin Murphy after reading you mention him here and he does look like a pretty good player.

I've seen a couple of mocks have us picking Orlando Johnson a SG from UC Santa Barbara which i know nothing about.
Orlando Johnson in the 4-5 videos I've seen looks like he'd drive Thibs nuts. You know normally there's some defensive highlights in people's videos on youtube? This guy had like 3 put together.

If he measure the same at the combine he's 6'5 230. Which is pretty solid. AND has a 6'11 wingspan. Basically it seems like he can DEFINITELY put the ball in the basket in anyway imaginable. Good shooter, good driver. okay passer. He could definitely be the shooting guard of the future. He did take some difficult shots which I also think would piss Thibs off. But I mean with his size and length when he learns defense...he'll definitely get some burn.

Also like Jimmy Butler he's had a ROUGH life
Old 06-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Draft speculation is one of my favorite basketball past times, but looking at the Bulls draft history for the past few years has made it obvious that they're selecting someone that we've never heard of (other than Rose, who wasn't an obvious number one pick at the time), and they're probably gonna do a better job of it than we could.

I remember lots of Bulls fans thinking Taj wouldn't last in the NBA. I wasn't so happy about the pick either, or the Rose pick, or Jimmy or even Nikola for that matter and now I'm glad that they're the picks the front office made.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: