Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-22-2006, 10:39 AM   #16
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hey administrator, was it really necessary to delete the other thread about this that actually PRECEDED yours?
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #17
Starter01
I airball my layups

Starter01 has an OK reputation so far

ha..ha.. maybe Isiah wants to do ALA -Pat Riley for sure....
Starter01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:42 AM   #18
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congrats to knicks management. They're now officially the worst in the league.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #19
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

I'll add - I don't think LB did a good job this past year. I think he did a bad job. He was pahetic in how he called the team out in the media, couldn't form a lineup, couldn't win games, couldn't come up with a game plan to suit himself and the players. Awful. He deserved to get fired.

BUT, if you keep him, and keep some players together who will play together, there will be improvement just from familiarity and playing in a system.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #20
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

The Knicks should admit that they're a Rucker league team, and hire some fat rapper to ebonicoach these streetballers.

It's worth noting that they got exactly what they deserved in hiring Larry Brown, and I said as much when they hired him. Larry has made it very clear over the last few years that he cares a lot about getting paid, and not very much about the well being of whatever franchise is paying him.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #21
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation
Default ^^

That much is true.

Hopefully the young guys play. Ideally, Isiah will hold off on any more insane max player trades for a year, and see what he can do from within. Maybe he can trade away an older piece or two to someone looking to do more now (Minny?), but no way should he bring in KMart. Let Frye and Lee play a ton of minutes, and see what you've got.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:44 AM   #22
nykfan101
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nykfan101 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
I'm a Knicks fan. A big one. Have been one for years. I love Ewing and Starks, and Riley, and Frazier, and DeBushere, I even voted for Bradley.

This team makes me absolutely f-ing crazy. The only thing worse than the players is the front office. The front office is WORSE than the players. As selfish and overpaid and poorly constructed you think the team and players are, the front office is worse.

THERE IS NO PLAN. THERE IS NO STRUCTURE. EVERY MOVE IS JUST A KNEE JERK REACTION TO THE MOVE BEFORE IT.

Marbury misses a handful of games -- Do they ride it out, knowing its a long season? No, they immediately trade for Jalen. Davis and his specatcular service record, makes one mistake and misses some games. The only player with toughness and defense. Do they ride it out? No, they gotta trade him.

The needed a center so badly, the spend 30mil once than 50 mill AND 2 draft picks last summer. But you already bought a Center - why buy another one?

What did they think was going to happen when they got Brown? Magic? They brought him in without any players to suit his style. Sometimes it takes longer than a season to get the right mix of players and system. Sometimes progress is gradual.

Brown's first season with the 76ers was awful. As was his first season with the Spurs.

This constant upheaval is maddening.

Sure, there are always personnel changes but the systems, the strategies, the mangement and the main players stay in place. Haslem-Wade-VG/Riley have been together 3 years - Shaq another 2. The whole of the pistons. TD-Pop-Manu-TP-Buford.

I cannot beleive this is my team. In the old days I would laugh at teams like this. Teams that cannot keep a coach, keep changing players and always wind up with nothing. Now, we have the bad record and the bad front-office and the lack of a superstar, system, or plan for the future.

There has got to be aplan. A three-year plan would be great. Assembling players and coaches who fit each other as part of a common goal for improvement.

THERE IS NO PLAN!.

While I agree with everything this person said. Perhaps it isn't a bad thing that Larry Brown got fired because it gives Isiah a chance to fix his dumb moves that have led to the decline of the Knicks. Then maybe James Dolan will see that Isiah is a total retard and fire him and then try to rebuild the team again by hiring the right people.
nykfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #23
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

What makes you think the Knicks are capable of hiring the right people?
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #24
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

Isaiah is worthless!!!!! i dont think he has a clue . to have the highest payroll in the league and still finish in last is a disgrace....a disgrace not to brown, but to thomas. what kind of retard would throw the kind of money he does at the players he does? he shouldve be fired, not brown. atleast when the yankees throw money at players they win....sometimes!
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #25
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

wasn't Starbury just saying how much he loves brown a week ago? wonder if he knew
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #26
nykfan101
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nykfan101 has an OK reputation so far

because maybe Dolan will realize that his team is the joke of the NBA and try to finally do something right and not be the retard that he is.
nykfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #27
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Obvious

It seems very obvious to me that Larry Brown purposely tanked it last year to set up this situation.

He coached horribly because he knew he had a five year contract and that he knew Dolan and/or Thomas would want to fire him by now.

So he achieved his goal, a one year contract worth $50 million for basically no work. Wow. Larry Brown is a sharp guy.

So how much money has Brown made between Detroit and New York by not actually working?

And the question is? Will someone hire him again?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #28
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

im really starting to feel bad for Knick fans... what a circus.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:51 AM   #29
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, looking at the bright side, now knicks players will have to work hard, as their coach is also the GM and can trade them (or try too in some cases ) if they're not focused or not try their best.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #30
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Hell yeah he knew. Steph was just being diplomatic about it. It makes him look good about it.

Believe it or not, Isiah is a better fit for this particular team than Larry. The problem was that this team just couldn't play under Larry's scheme. If you noticed this past year, most of the games the Knicks won were games when they are playing free-will type of basketball. In other words, I think Isiah will take the cuffs off them and give them more freedom.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: