Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #31
Sham
Great young streetballer

Sham has an OK reputation so far

Larry Brown to Toronto.
Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:55 AM   #32
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham
Larry Brown to Toronto.
YES!
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #33
kurupt
I hit open layups

kurupt has no real reputation yet.
Default re

the one thing i respect about the knicks is that they have an owener who does not care about money, hes willing to spend to make the team better,

while othere teams like phoenix are scared to go over the cap to resign their own players, which is why youll see barbosa gone maybe even marion next season,

once new york gets a smart gm , theyll be on the right track
kurupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 AM   #34
Him
I airball my layups

Him has no real reputation yet.

Isiah loves guards a little too much:stupid:

Kinda odd that Starbury is the only player along with Oscar Robertson to average 20 and 8 for his career seeing as i think very little of him
Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 AM   #35
IndyBall
I Hit Open Layups

IndyBall has an OK reputation so far

:confused:

Oh man....
I won't pretend to not "hate" the Knicks....
the 90s forever cemented my feelings for the orange and blue...

but

its hard to have a rivalry if both teams aren't competetive..
I won't say the Pacers have been lighting the world on fire with the idiocy the last few years with artest and underachieving...

but

I'd never wish this on the Knicks....
I "hate" you guys but you're also the KNICKS.......a pillar of the NBA...one of the old school...one of the icons...you guys can't suck...

I don't want you to win the World Championship but I do want you to get to the ECF so WE can beat you and go to the championships...

And I want to beat you in a 7 game, hard fought, daggers in the heart, controvery infested series...
IndyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:59 AM   #36
HoosierDaddy13
Kids at the park dunk on me

HoosierDaddy13 has no real reputation yet.

Cannot say I am shocked. Sad way to end a good career if this is it for LB.
HoosierDaddy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:00 AM   #37
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, the team might now win 35 games but where are they going? At least with Larry at the helm you could think he might bring the right players in, teach the rookies how to play and build the basis of a championship team but with Isiah now coaching? Damn. The knicks are stuck in mediocrity for the next 5 years.

Isiah was a great player but he should be banned from everything but scouting the draft when it comes to actually working for a team.

You have to remember that Isiah coached 3 of the most talented Pacers teams ever and wasted Reggie's last decent years in the league by coaching them deep into the first round of the playoffs. (To be knocked out by far less talented teams) He's as bad a coach as he is a gm. (ok maybe not that bad. but close)
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:25 AM   #38
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

This will unite the Owner, the GM and the players. Everybody will want to provr it was Brown and not them. I think these clowns will become a team because of this (For one year) I can see them winning 45 games next year, Zeke is not that bad of a GM, I think he may have fallen in live with one too many chicago players (Curry and Crawford) and the James signing was bad, but all in all I think he wants to play that Phoenix Suns style ball and Brown was not the right coach. He will go small and get to the first round of the playoffs.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #39
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

No big surprise. Ah well, another losing season is ahead for the Knicks and it's "fans".
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #40
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Does anyone think?

Does anyone think that Dolan waited purposely until after the Finals to fire Larry Brown? It seemed odd, because we knew Brown was going to be fired many weeks ago, but it wasn't announced...Why?

Maybe the league and David Stern asked Dolan to wait until after the Finals, so as not to distract from the playoffs? Or maybe Dolan and Isiah wanted the headlines to themselves? Just a thought....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #41
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Larry Brown

Isiah Thomas :rollingeyes:

James Dolan

Knick Fans
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #42
Xknicksfan
I Hit Open Layups

Xknicksfan has an OK reputation so far
Default F*&$% Isiah

Larry Brown had no chance with this team.. Isiah wouldnt let him make any moves. Isiah wanted to be coach from the start and forced Larry out..
Isiaah is a piece of **** and I am no longer a knicks fan..I hope they lose 30 games this yr
Xknicksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #43
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Losing 30 games means they win 52, which would be a fantastic season
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #44
NYKnicks914
Decent playground baller

NYKnicks914 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
why do the bobcats want any part of his dumb ass? they already have bernie bickerstaff making these guys play well, WELL above their talent. meanwhile brown has the Knicks playing well, WELL below theirs. Really, if a coach's merit is judged based on how much better he makes his players, Brown is one of the worst ever and Bick is one of the best.

The reason Larry had the Knicks "playing well, WELL below their [talent]" is because they were never going to be good if he let the players play their game. They would have been better than they were, but they would have had no chance of ever becoming a good team. The way Larry went about coaching this team, as well as every other team he had coached, was he would start from the ground and work his way up. Unfortunately, with this volatile mixture or players and coach, they never got past the first floor.

I would say Larry does need to take some of the blame for this disaster; he did add fuel to the fire by going to the media and berating the players for millions to see. His coaching and basketball knowledge, however, were not the problems. The mix of obstinate (headstrong) players with less understanding of how to play the game "the right way" than they were willing to admit and a coach who knew too much for his team's own good, and was not afraid to let them know, were the problems.

Bernie Bickerstaff in Charlotte was lucky enough to get young players who were willing to play hard and listen (as were the Knicks) AS WELL AS vet's who were willing to play hard and set good examples for the younger guys (ie. Brevin Knight, Jumaine Jones). The Knicks were sorely lacking in that are. Malik Rose was not enough to overcome the bad seeds.

Last edited by NYKnicks914 : 06-22-2006 at 12:20 PM.
NYKnicks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:16 PM   #45
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

I say good riddance. Larry Brown. Now go curl up in a corner with your money and die.

Can't stand the way he throws hard working players under the bus only to make himself not look bad while jetting with tons of money.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: