Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #61
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

the people speak!

1) What is your take on the Knicks firing Larry Brown?

65.1%
Bad move

34.9%
Good move

2) What's your take on the Knicks naming Isiah Thomas coach?

86.0%
Bad move

14.0%
Good move

3) Who would you rather have coach your favorite team?

54.3%
Larry Brown

42.5%
Neither

3.1%
Isiah Thomas

4) Who would you rather have making personnel decisions?

58.5%
Neither

36.4%
Larry Brown

5.2%
Isiah Thomas

5) How long do you think Thomas will coach the Knicks?

44.3%
One season

27.6%
Two-three seasons

26.4%
Less than one season

1.7%
Four or more seasons

6) Will Larry Brown coach in the NBA again?

81.0%
Yes

19.0%
No

7) How many games will the Knicks win next season?

52.5%
21-30

24.6%
31-40

18.8%
20 or fewer

4.0%
41 or more

8) Will the Knicks win a championship with Thomas as coach?

98.1%
No

1.9%
Yes

9) What should the Kicks do?

88.8%
Fire everyone, trade everyone, start over

11.2%
Stay the course

Total Votes: 22,833

*Knicks are screwed for a while longer...They had that window to listen to Brown and change the direction of the team and make a plan and move forward with it, but they choose to stick with these current players and zeke as the coach....

We wont have to worry about the knicks doing anything for a few years..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:47 PM   #62
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

the only bright spot the knicks had they let go....browns track record speaks for itself. with the crap isiah assembled before brown got there, not even the greatest of coaches could turn that around in one year. its IMPOSSIBLE.

Brown is a damn good coach, but hes not a miracle worker. it takes time and patience to build up a respectable team.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #63
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

Quote:
8) Will the Knicks win a championship with Thomas as coach?

98.1%
No

no faith?
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #64
BEAR
Banned

BEAR has not been impressing people

at first i was kinda sad ,but then i thought about it and now i feel its good for lb,no other coach would've did as bad a job as he did and not get fired,he thought he could get away with it and nothing would happen because he had a long contract ,all i can remember is him sayin he wasnt doing his job after every loss wtf then do it. and i wanna make this clear dolan and isiah arent doing a bad job,they saw he was there for the taking and they got him,they over pay their players ,ok so what they have the money to do so, its like telling somebody they paid to much for their clothes
BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:32 PM   #65
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

Greg Oden or Jakim Noah...come on down to Chicago!
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:45 PM   #66
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man...with all the ups and downs that my teams been going through...I just have to remember they are not the Knicks and all will get better. :)
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:15 PM   #67
cuffwerks
I Hit Open Layups

cuffwerks has an OK reputation so far
Default Team Titanic!!!

They should have fired Thomas and brought in Kiki V!

Forcast: Another 5 years of misery until Thomas and Dolan are gone.
cuffwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:28 PM   #68
gc_chi
Can barely lace up my sneakers

gc_chi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
the only bright spot the knicks had they let go....browns track record speaks for itself. with the crap isiah assembled before brown got there, not even the greatest of coaches could turn that around in one year. its IMPOSSIBLE.
Yeah, Larry Brown's record speaks for itself. He ONLY won an NBA championship after he was gifted the one of the most coachable teams in NBA history that was already pre-built and leaves every franchaise he's worked for in flames.

I'm going to actually defend Isiah Thomas. Let's keep in mind that the Knicks were already well over the cap before he arrived. He's had to make the best of the situation and its hard to dispute his moves:

-Starbury: Maybe this guy will eventually become a true leader, but every Knicks fans rejoiced when he was aquired and if any Knick fan who says otherwise is lying.

-Robinson/Frye/Lee: everyone seems to agree these are quality draft picks and a bright future for the Knicks.

-Jerome James/Eddie Curry: Fantasy teams know that James is good for blocks which is what the team was deperate for. Curry was always highly touted. Besides, who else available? Adonal Foyle? Eric Dampier? These guys have also been head cases for their teams.

-Francis/Rose: Larry Brown endorsed trades that would appear to have been made to please Larry Brown, like much of what the Knicks did through out the year.

Obviously Thomas shouldn't be commended for the last season, but the reality is, this is what he had to work with and I find it hard to challenge his moves.

Chi
gc_chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:35 PM   #69
BEAR
Banned

Old 06-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #70
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I think they're a definate playoff team next year, they'll probably make some moves this year that make them a bit better, and play to their strengths. I think they can be a top offense if coached right, but the struggle for Isiah will be to make them a good defensive team. Or give good effort on that side of the ball. I feel like Isiah was a good coach in Indiana and he obviously has talent in NY.
How are they a definite playoff team with poor d, poor rebounding, and average offense? Which EC playoffs team are they going to replace? And if Isiah's a good coach why didn't his Pacer teams do anything in the playoffs? And why is the talent on NY's roster special?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #71
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Well..atleast now we can see what Isiah wanted to run for years now.

I wonder how much time Jerome James will get next year
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:44 PM   #72
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
And if Isiah's a good coach why didn't his Pacer teams do anything in the playoffs? And why is the talent on NY's roster special?

cosigned....Zeke's team was more talented than us(6ers) and looked to beat us in 2001 playoffs after Reggie nailed the big shot to win Game 1, but his team folded mostly because of zeke...

the guy is a mediocre coach at best...
Old 06-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #73
BEAR
Banned

Any Team That Can Make It To The Playoffs Has To Be Better Then The Teams Who Didnt Make It,so Saying When Isiah Made It To The Playoffs With The Pacers But Got Taken Out In The First Round Dosent Make Any Sense To Say Their A Bad Team, Were The Griz A Bad Team This Year
Old 06-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #74
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

how can i get a job for the knicks? they overpay everyone so well.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:07 PM   #75
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Any Team That Can Make It To The Playoffs Has To Be Better Then The Teams Who Didnt Make It,so Saying When Isiah Made It To The Playoffs With The Pacers But Got Taken Out In The First Round Dosent Make Any Sense To Say Their A Bad Team, Were The Griz A Bad Team This Year

Pacers were better than a first round exit....that's the point

They just got finished kicking us out of the playoffs 2 years straight before 2001...

the team was alot better than they played....playoffs arent the be-all end-all when deciding what was expected of the team...If Detroit or Miami had been ousted in the first round, would that have been no big deal? No, that would have signaled a problem with the team
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: