Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #76
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Well, something had to be done. It was either fire Larry Brown or trade the entire Knick roster aside from Trevor Ariza, oh wait!
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #77
daricanfromdabx
Can barely lace up my sneakers

daricanfromdabx has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
I'm a Knicks fan. A big one. Have been one for years. I love Ewing and Starks, and Riley, and Frazier, and DeBushere, I even voted for Bradley.

This team makes me absolutely f-ing crazy. The only thing worse than the players is the front office. The front office is WORSE than the players. As selfish and overpaid and poorly constructed you think the team and players are, the front office is worse.

THERE IS NO PLAN. THERE IS NO STRUCTURE. EVERY MOVE IS JUST A KNEE JERK REACTION TO THE MOVE BEFORE IT.

Marbury misses a handful of games -- Do they ride it out, knowing its a long season? No, they immediately trade for Jalen. Davis and his specatcular service record, makes one mistake and misses some games. The only player with toughness and defense. Do they ride it out? No, they gotta trade him.

The needed a center so badly, the spend 30mil once than 50 mill AND 2 draft picks last summer. But you already bought a Center - why buy another one?

What did they think was going to happen when they got Brown? Magic? They brought him in without any players to suit his style. Sometimes it takes longer than a season to get the right mix of players and system. Sometimes progress is gradual.

Brown's first season with the 76ers was awful. As was his first season with the Spurs.

This constant upheaval is maddening.

Sure, there are always personnel changes but the systems, the strategies, the mangement and the main players stay in place. Haslem-Wade-VG/Riley have been together 3 years - Shaq another 2. The whole of the pistons. TD-Pop-Manu-TP-Buford.

I cannot beleive this is my team. In the old days I would laugh at teams like this. Teams that cannot keep a coach, keep changing players and always wind up with nothing. Now, we have the bad record and the bad front-office and the lack of a superstar, system, or plan for the future.

There has got to be aplan. A three-year plan would be great. Assembling players and coaches who fit each other as part of a common goal for improvement.

THERE IS NO PLAN!.

You are absolutly right. There is no plan. Period.

Here's my early Christmas list:
-James Dolan gets fired
-Isiah Thomas gets fired from GM
-Isiah Thomas gets fired from coach
-"Starbury" leaves with his attitude and he realizes that us New Yorkers don't want his ashes on our Garden when he dies.
-"Franchise" just leaves. Just go.
-I find a time machiene and never pay Allen Houston that big salary for ONE shot in the playoffs. That's what started this hole in the Knicks' economy.
-Get Red Auerbach here now.

Just a pure point guard can help this team. Also a formitable big man.

Look at Jason Williams on the now champion Heat. He had a HUGE attitude, wanted to score before shoot(remind you of anyone?)

Now he knows his role and every opportunity he gets, he passes off and gets an assist. He also is clutch with the 3.

Now for the big man.

Larry Brown went to the finals with the 76ers behind Allen Iverson, Eric Snow, and......TODD MCOLLAUGH?

A Rasho Nesterovich can do the job for the Knicks...even bringing back Nazr can help.

The Knickerbockers that we know today are the Bobcats of tomorrow.(And the BOBCATS even had a better record so i'm pushing it.)
daricanfromdabx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #78
305Baller
Dos minutos.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

Damn Larry should take a couple of years off to recharge. DAT LUCKY BASTAD
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #79
tydal
I airball my layups

tydal has an OK reputation so far
Default Mutombo?

[quote=daricanfromdabx]

Larry Brown went to the finals with the 76ers behind Allen Iverson, Eric Snow, and......TODD MCOLLAUGH?

QUOTE]

Sorry I might be mistaken here but didn't that team also have Mutombo at center?
tydal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #80
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll take him back, I never wanted him to leave.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #81
bc86

bc86 has an OK reputation so far

[quote=tydal]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daricanfromdabx

QUOTE]

Sorry I might be mistaken here but didn't that team also have Mutombo at center?
yep and Matt Geiger got some playing time at center too in the postseason.
bc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:12 PM   #82
Capt.By
I Hit Open Layups

Capt.By has an OK reputation so far

Hey Y'all!

New to the forum, but I've been a Knick fan since they drafted Clyde. Since last summer, I've been trying to figure out where LB's rep as a great coach was hatched. The guy's won two championships and one of 'em was in the NCAA! He coached the '88-'89 Spurs to a worse record than the Knicks, 21-61. There are eight of his contemporaries in the current coaching ranks with regular season won-loss percentages as good as, or better than, the "Great Teacher"! (J. Van Gundy, Riley, Jackson, Sloan, Adelman, Popovich, Fratello & Karl - "you can look it up!")

Isaiah & Dolan don't get it either. NY fans want a team that's competitive & entertaining, with a chance to advance in the playoffs past the first round, at least for the immediate future. Ewing's teams never won a ring & their run at the Garden is looked upon with misty eyes & big sighs!

Dump Jalen, Stevie, J. James & Mo Taylor. Pick up a shot blocking back-up for Curry, like Nazr Mohammed or Dalembert. Re-aquire Trevor Arriza & make a run at Speedy Claxton,
re-sign Jackie Butler & Qyntel Woods & let 'em play! They'll be young & turnover prone, but if you keep them together for two or three seasons, they'll be the youngest, deepest, most talented team in the East.

Oh yeah - keep Marbury just keep Coney Island coming to the Garden & not to see Jay-Z & those clowns in the swamp!
Capt.By is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #83
BEAR
Banned

BEAR has not been impressing people

great post,your 100% right and knowing isiah he'll make yet another great trade or atleast try, gotta luv the guys will.
BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #84
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

A backstabber, a con-man, and 2 idiots.

It was always going to end badly for Brown in New York.

I'm very suprised that Isiah hired himself. Dolan must have forced him into it.

And I love the fact that the Knicks refuse to pay Brown the 40 million left on his contract. Brown's 40 million dollar drive-by interviews were brilliant.

That organization is the biggest joke in pro sports. At least Dolan can play a mean guitar and harmonica...

http://www.jdandthestraightshot.com/
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:04 PM   #85
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

The knicks have talent and now they have motivation. Every last person in the organization has been blasted and I think that these guys biggest problem last year was pride. That same pride will be their strength in 2006-07. LB uses that break them down and build them back up approach. Players with a lot of pride and huge egos don't take well to being broken down, they often resist it. Brown made a huge mistake of taking on a team full of guys with huge egos, a GM with the biggest ego in town and an owner that does not play that media whore ish. LB 99 teams out of 100 will do a better job of coaching then Isiah. However, this is that anomaly team with 10 strong minded guys that think they are all superstars so Zeke will do a better job with this group of players because he understands them. LB's tactics did not stand a chance he relates to players that overacheive. Zeke knows egos plus if all else fails he is the nastiest SOB on the planet. Things will get a lot better next year.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #86
daricanfromdabx

daricanfromdabx has an OK reputation so far

yes i do know he had dikembe

but my point is that he can turn out a guy with a last name McCollogh into a household name because he was a very good backup center.....i HIGHLY doubt we would even slightly know who he is today if larry Brown did coach him. My point is that, given some time, Larry Brown can do great things with teams. My Hope is that he either goes to Toronto or Minnesota. He wanted a big man so bad in New York, he would definatley get a solid big man in either of those places.
daricanfromdabx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #87
gc_chi

gc_chi has an OK reputation so far

I'm sick of hearing about how the Knicks need to trade all the players and rebuild. There is no one left from the Allan Houston era so this team is already rebuilt. The question is who would you trade for that was available?

Shaq? He didn't want to play for the Knicks. Adonal Foyle? Eric Dampier? Both head cases like Jerome James. Curry is definetly a step above the former three.

The Knicks have a bright rookie class with Robinson, Fyre and Lee. Starbury might not be Steve Nash, but again who else was available? For all the complaints about Rose and Francis, they were much more talented than the players the Knicks gave up for them.

Thomas shouldn't win any awards given the Knicks' record, but I think Isiah did an admirable job for what he had to work with and what was available. Let's not forget that he wasn't responsible for being over the salary cap.

Chi
gc_chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:25 PM   #88
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_chi
I'm sick of hearing about how the Knicks need to trade all the players and rebuild. There is no one left from the Allan Houston era so this team is already rebuilt. The question is who would you trade for that was available?

Shaq? He didn't want to play for the Knicks. Adonal Foyle? Eric Dampier? Both head cases like Jerome James. Curry is definetly a step above the former three.

The Knicks have a bright rookie class with Robinson, Fyre and Lee. Starbury might not be Steve Nash, but again who else was available? For all the complaints about Rose and Francis, they were much more talented than the players the Knicks gave up for them.

Thomas shouldn't win any awards given the Knicks' record, but I think Isiah did an admirable job for what he had to work with and what was available. Let's not forget that he wasn't responsible for being over the salary cap.

Chi
Apparently someone didn't get the memo. Bringing up the fact that the Knicks are more talented and far younger than what was originally given to Isiah Thomas is against the rules.

Now start bashing him like everyone else or you will be banned.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #89
gc_chi

gc_chi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Apparently someone didn't get the memo. Bringing up the fact that the Knicks are more talented and far younger than what was originally given to Isiah Thomas is against the rules.

My main point isn't that the Knicks are better off. My point is who else would you have traded for or signed that was on the market and realistically obtainable? I just don't see the logic to rebuilding when its already happened and there doesn't appear to be a Lebron James and Tim Duncan in the draft.

Chi
gc_chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #90
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King

Look at their record and cap situation since he got there. Awful, fukin awful. Their cap situation is inconceivable.

Look at their players and what they've won. Nothin. In fact, their star player makes teams worse. Their key players suck and have bounced around the NBA. They have a bunch of streetballers, that's not talent. I'll take solid defense, low turnovers, good shot selection, and high percentage over mad handles and scoring any day.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: