Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-24-2006, 07:44 PM   #91
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I think they're a definate playoff team next year, they'll probably make some moves this year that make them a bit better, and play to their strengths.
No freakin' way at all.

You're living in a fantasy if you think they can make some moves. They can't. They have no players with any trade value, no cap space, no draft picks. All they have is the MLE and the LLE, and the one that you seem to be extremely high on paid the entire MLE to have Jerome James for 6 years. It's really hard for me to imagine Isiah suddenly starting to make smart moves. And they have Marbury who just makes anywhere he goes into a loser.

I guarnatee that these teams will finish ahead of the Knicks.

Miami
Detroit
Cleveland
New Jersey
Indiana
Chicago
Milwaukee
Washington
Philadelphia

And it's hard for me to envision the Knicks being better than Boston, Orlando and Toronto either.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:25 PM   #92
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

They do have players of value. People can and probably will trade for Steve Francis. Maybe Jerome James, Eddy Curry, and Frye isn't untradeable, and many teams would look at him. Depending on what Minnesota is thinking about rebuilding they could trade KG to them for Jalen Rose (expiring deal) and Frye and maybe a pick. I mean nobody is gonna trade for Marbury, but they have tradeable pieces.

But even if they don't, they have talent. Seemed to me that Brown's very specific and unwaivering style of play is what held them back last year as they didn't have the type of talent to run that style. And its the Eastern conference. Them playing a more open offensive game is gonna get them more wins, and playing for someone that they all respect could help them play better D (not great defensively, but more inspired). But Curry and Marbury will be able to play more and better suited to their abilities and I think that makes a big difference.

Nobody expected them to be that badwith the talent they had, and them getting Curry and Frye should on paper should put them in playoff contention and that is with damn near any coach. There's no way in my mind they don't win atleast 40-43 games and that should be enough to make it in the East.

But Im sure they'll trade Rose even if it takes during the season for it to happen. He still can play and has an expiring max deal. And probably Francis too.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 06-24-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:36 PM   #93
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

1) Knicks have offensive scoring talent only. They have no distributors, no defenders, no truly effective rebounders or shotblockers. That roster will only look good on NBA Live.

2) The Eastern Conference will be much better next season. If Isiah was coaching the Knicks last season they may have had a shot at postseason, but not this upcoming season. Adding Isiah and a couple of mediocre rookies won't get it done.

3) Curry and Frye was the worst defensive frontcourt I have ever seen in my 20+ years of watching NBA basketball. It was a walking layup line for opposing players when those 2 were out there together.

4) Eddy Curry is terrible. Just watch him play basketball. A lazy, lumbering slug of a player.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:46 PM   #94
gc_chi
Can barely lace up my sneakers

gc_chi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
They have no players with any trade value, no cap space, no draft picks.
If its one thing I can't stand about Knicks fans (I'm one of them BTW) is how we tend buy everything the NY media feeds us. The papers have been saying how the Knicks couldn't make trades even before Thomas took over and guess what, somehow Isiah managed to overhaul the ENTIRE roster. There is no way in hell the Knicks will get KG for Rose/Frye/draft pick, but so long as other teams also have bad contracts, the Knicks will find potentials suitors. Also, cap space isn't as big a deal to the Knicks because of how large the NY market is.

Chi
gc_chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:54 PM   #95
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far
Default F*** You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
1) Knicks have offensive scoring talent only. They have no distributors, no defenders, no truly effective rebounders or shotblockers. That roster will only look good on NBA Live.

2) The Eastern Conference will be much better next season. If Isiah was coaching the Knicks last season they may have had a shot at postseason, but not this upcoming season. Adding Isiah and a couple of mediocre rookies won't get it done.

3) Curry and Frye was the worst defensive frontcourt I have ever seen in my 20+ years of watching NBA basketball. It was a walking layup line for opposing players when those 2 were out there together.

4) Eddy Curry is terrible. Just watch him play basketball. A lazy, lumbering slug of a player.

1) Same thing with the Phoenix Suns and Chicago Bulls, but both of those teams made it into the postseason.

2) The Knicks have excellent rookies, and a bright future ahead with or without Isiah Thomas.

3) Frye is an extremely versitile player, he shoots jumpshots, goes to the hoop, BLOCKS SHOTS, gets rebounds, and make plays.

4) Eddy Curry could be a dominant center if he didnt always get in foul trouble, he would destroy weak defensive teams like the Chicago Bulls if he learned not to pick up silly fouls
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:05 PM   #96
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
1) Same thing with the Phoenix Suns and Chicago Bulls, but both of those teams made it into the postseason.

So Raja Bell, Steve Nash, Chandler, Hinrich and Nocioni can neither defend, distribute, rebound, or block shots? Ok.

Quote:
2) The Knicks have excellent rookies, and a bright future ahead with or without Isiah Thomas.

Knicks do have some good young players. Unfortunately they play the same position as higher paid players that will complain if they don't get minutes. Lockerroom problems are a definite in New York.

Quote:
3) Frye is an extremely versitile player, he shoots jumpshots, goes to the hoop, BLOCKS SHOTS, gets rebounds, and make plays.

Frye is a jumpshot shooting PF that still shies away from physical play. He ripped it up the first half of the season but once teams found him out he had problems. And like most rookies, he has no idea what NBA defense looks like.

Quote:
4) Eddy Curry could be a dominant center if he didnt always get in foul trouble, he would destroy weak defensive teams like the Chicago Bulls if he learned not to pick up silly fouls

And I would be president of the United States if I was from Texas and had a famous last name. IF is a word that has always been used with Curry. He has no excuses anymore for his lazy play. And the Bulls handled him pretty well this past season. Malik Rose gave the Bulls more problems than Baby Benoit.

The fatass actually GAINED weight during the season. How is that possible while playing an 82 game schedule?
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:40 AM   #97
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Depending on what Minnesota is thinking about rebuilding they could trade KG to them for Jalen Rose (expiring deal) and Frye and maybe a pick.
I don't know why you guys are so high on Frye. A jump shooting big man who refuses to do the dirty works. There's no way that the Wolves will do that kind of lopsided deal and if they're really pushed to trade Garnett, they'll just let Garnett walk away because it itself will create tons of cap space.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:53 AM   #98
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
Nowhere does the article mention a buyout. How rare is it nowadays that someone of Brown's caliber simply gets FIRED?

As for this mess? Oh my, and Jeff is always telling US to write intelligent opinions? I'm glad this is one of the VERY rare times I have actually read the articles...

InsideHoops.com Editor Says: Well, thanks to the local New York media, everyone knew this was going to happen, but no one really wanted to believe it. (Too many commas and clauses) -5

The quick crash-and-burn of Larry Brown's time with the Knicks is shocking. (How does time "crash-and-burn" pray tell? And I just got through reading how everyone knew this was going to happen thanks to the local New York media. Now it's shocking?) -7

It was expected that Brown and Stephon Marbury might clash, and perhaps have problems, but no one thought the relationship between the coach and most of the players, plus upper management, would be such a disaster. (Oh my. Where does one begin? OK "It was expected"...Passive voice is a no-no in writing. The word "might" pretty much cancels out the "expected" part now doesn't it? Think about it. In order to properly complete that part of the sentence, one should say, "It was expected that Brown and Stephon Marbury *might or might not* clash. Duhhh. Then the editor's note goes on to say, "and perhaps have problems." PERHAPS??? So does that mean that it is possible that Brown and Steph *might* have been expected to clash, but perhaps not have problems as well? Larry Brown confirms, "Yeah we clashed, but we didn't have any problems." Also there are too many commas and clauses in this part.) -9

Now Isiah gets to coach. The funny thing is, if he just runs a steady rotation, and runs basic plays, the Knicks will win more games this season than they did after Brown. Which is going to result in unrealistic people making ridiculous claims that Isiah is somehow a better coach than Brown.
(I'm glad to see that at least one of the distinct ideas was separated with a period this time. However, the fact that it is basically a clause and not a sentence is disappointing in itself. Still, there are too many clauses and phrases in this part. ) -5

The fact is, Brown for his career, almost everywhere he went, was better than almost anyone. (Are you serious? "The fact is, TB since its discovery, almost everywhere it is found, infects almost anyone it comes in contact with. Now THERE's a fact that can survive the scrutiny of science! "Just lower the expectations of your fact with the use of the word "almost" and that fact can NEVER BE DEFEATED!" -Bahgdad Bob. Still too many commas and clauses.) -5

But for whatever reason, he seemingly did as much as possible to trash the team last season. (This charge begs for an explanation or a theory at the least. The reader outside of New York is left to ponder something like this, "Larry Brown sabotaged the team. He must have been upset that Isiah forced him to play certain players and then became facetious with the rotation to spite him!" Writer, please explain this. Oh, and never begin a sentence with a preposition.) -2

So, I predict Isiah will actually do a pretty nice job as coach, possibly winning 5-10 more games than the team did last season. But the problem is the roster (and the contracts), not the coach. (Same old run-on sentence/prepositional clause problem.) -2

Although there's talent at almost every position, the roster is still seriously flawed, and the team as it currently stands has no upside aside from maybe next season, or the season after, winning enough games to make the playoffs, but never getting past the first round. (THIS IS A BLATANT RUN-ON SENTENCE. STOP IT!! You're killing me, Chief! Although there's talent at almost every position, the roster is still seriously flawed. < --STOP THERE. Now, if the team has upside next season and the season after that, then it is not possible that the team has NO upside is it? NEXT. The team will (prediction form) win enough games to make the playoffs for the near future, but it will not make it past the first round with this flawed roster. OK, now to the substance...If the roster is talented at almost every position, then what does that mean? Does it mean that 4 out of the 5 positions are filled with talented players? It can't be 3 out of 5 because that probably wouldn't qualify as "almost every position." This needs an explanation. WHICH position out of the 4 is NOT talented? How does this one non-talented position/player make the team seriously flawed?) -5

A championship is impossible, which is a real shame for the great fans of New York. (I take a point off just for the amazingly unrealistic expectations of New Yorkers.) -1

TOTAL: -41 F

...Jeff has been owned.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: