Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-02-2007, 08:19 AM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Good bye Stevie, good bye Stevie, good bye...

If you read the New York papers today you would have seen that Francis has gone to Houston(to be with John Lucas) to try and rehab his knee and maybe learn to play basketball the right way. His career might be over due to that knee.....

Can James be far behind?

As I predicted Francis will never wear another Knick uniform again. It should have happened weeks maybe months ago.

That stupid idea of playing them together is over. Again it proves my contention that Isiah is playing contracts not the players who deserve starting time because they earned it. That's Lee and Cato.

Now let's send James home and call it a day. He's a bum......

I think Zeke is running out of time. I though I saw Dolan buying a hatchet at Home Depot the other day.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Dude, if that is confirmed and happens that's AWESOME news. Do you happen to know who will fill in that roster spot? Man this could turn the season around. This is really good news. Damn. You've made my day. I wonder who is the pick up if it does happen. Good deal nonetheless.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I just read this and I don't believe it:

New York Knicks guard Steve Francis said Monday that despite problems with his right knee that he is "definitely not" thinking about sitting out the remainder of the season to heal, and that he believes he still has a future with the Knicks.

"My future's very bright," he said. "I just want to be healthy Coach (Isiah Thomas) understands what I've been going through. I'm definitely a member of this team."

So you won't see him this year and hopefully he heals and we can trade him for something, anything.

We will be fine when Nate and Q comes back.

Now if we can only get the Nets to take James for some good cotton towels.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Yes!! Towels and Gatorade!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Yup, finally we can make use of those extra towels. James should stay, he is playing ok lately, and we dont have another back up center besides Cato.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:08 AM   #6
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

I remember when the old board was up everyone wanted Francis and thought he would be perfect for Marbury. If only we could see the older threads.

I wish Dolan would just pick out a fan out of the stands and make him a GM. I dont think anybody can do any worse. Of course selling the team would make me happier.

I think Stevie still has game, but hes just never gonna click here. Theres soo many players here that playing time isnt a lock, plus injuries are a problem for now on him.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:02 AM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
I remember when the old board was up everyone wanted Francis and thought he would be perfect for Marbury. If only we could see the older threads.

I wish Dolan would just pick out a fan out of the stands and make him a GM. I dont think anybody can do any worse. Of course selling the team would make me happier.

I think Stevie still has game, but hes just never gonna click here. Theres soo many players here that playing time isnt a lock, plus injuries are a problem for now on him.

Speaking of selling the team, I heard that guy that was/is? the owner of the Sixers offered to buy the Knicks but was denied. Do you guys think he'd do a better job? I do. I think he takes his players and the team as a whole with more seriousness. He actually cheers for his team. Something like Mark Cuban with the Mavs.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #8
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Speaking of selling the team, I heard that guy that was/is? the owner of the Sixers offered to buy the Knicks but was denied. Do you guys think he'd do a better job? I do. I think he takes his players and the team as a whole with more seriousness. He actually cheers for his team. Something like Mark Cuban with the Mavs.

You are referring to Pat Croce. I read that too, that he offered to buy the Knicks. But it would make no sense for Dolan to just sell the Knicks, I think you would have to take the whole Garden in order to do that.

Pat Croce is an interesting character is really known as a good motivator, he writes alot of self-motivating articles and books.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #9
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
You are referring to Pat Croce. I read that too, that he offered to buy the Knicks. But it would make no sense for Dolan to just sell the Knicks, I think you would have to take the whole Garden in order to do that.

Pat Croce is an interesting character is really known as a good motivator, he writes alot of self-motivating articles and books.

Even more it would make sense that he bought the team. If he's a motivator and writes books about him he would have left a copy of his book in each of the Knicks lockers and made it their homework to read it over a few days of break or over the summer. That's what they need write now, motivation.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:33 PM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default re:

We need to get rid of Francis and Nate to a dumb team that is fooled and excited by their hi-wire foolishness and bring in a guy who can run a team of the bench and goes under the radar like Speedy Claxton.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #11
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

isiah thomas shouldnt have aquired francis in the first place. you already had 3 good gaurds. it made no sense to me at the time.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
isiah thomas shouldnt have aquired francis in the first place. you already had 3 good gaurds. it made no sense to me at the time.

Everyone knows francis was a bad deal. but a buyout for 2 year contract left? that's absurd. but they did it for LB
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #13
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

This just makes the Francis trade even worse than it already was. Ariza has become a very solid role player, and Penny's expiring contract would have saved us a TON of money.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #14
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

That would have been the smart thing to do with fiscal restraint.

But Zeke was using monopoly money made by Georgie boy.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

true dat.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: