Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here
Default OT: Academic Appeals Procedure/Advice Needed

I got a letter saying I have failed to complete the Learning Support Math requirement in the allotted three terms and have, therefore, been placed on Learning Support Suspension. I can make an appeal to my college's Academic Appeals Committee for an additional attempt for that math class. I have to fill out an Academic Appeals form and mail it to the Registrar/Records Office.The Committee meets on January 3,2007.

On the form I have to fill out it says:

1. Are you currently enrolled in the exit class for this area?

2. Did you make IP during the previous of learning support in this area?

3. Have you reached your final attempt in only one learning support area?

It says, if I answered yes to all of the above questions, I will be granted an additional attempt at my learning support class. The answer is yes to all of the questions for me.

It says, if I answered no to question #2, I need to complete the form and return it, and schedule an appointment to be heard by the Academic Appeals Committee.

A letter of support from the instructor is strongly recommended. It says I must be present for my appeal and appeals won't be considered unless the student is present.

My question is, do I need to meet with the committee even though the answer is yes to all of the above questions? Do you only need to meet with the committee if the answer was no to question #2? Or, do I need to meet with them anyway?

Has anyone ever had to deal with the Academic Appeals Committee before? What was your experience like?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

still tryin to become a billionaire?
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
still tryin to become a billionaire?

Yep.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

You should send the committee a PM or 30
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #5
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyking

ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #6
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyking

I'm serious. Please give me some advice.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #7
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Hotsizzle might be around, shoot him a PM, and make a topic about it if he doesn't respond to your first 20.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #8
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Hotsizzle might be around, shoot him a PM, and make a topic about it if he doesn't respond to your first 20.

Will you please help man.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Seems like you should do what they ask. Usually those things have a lot of beauracracy so first send an apology, follow the system/whatever they ask, and apologize more. Just keep following it up, calling the people that are deciding over the matter, and ask what else you can do. If you don't hear back in time, go into the office of records and speak to someone..My roommate got kicked out of school once and just kept annoying the dean and he finally let him have one more shot.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #10
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Seems like you should do what they ask. Usually those things have a lot of beauracracy so first send an apology, follow the system/whatever they ask, and apologize more. Just keep following it up, calling the people that are deciding over the matter, and ask what else you can do. If you don't hear back in time, go into the office of records and speak to someone..My roommate got kicked out of school once and just kept annoying the dean and he finally let him have one more shot.

My question is, do I need to meet with the committee even though the answer is yes to all of the above questions? Do you only need to meet with the committee if the answer was no to question #2? Or, do I need to meet with them anyway?
Old 01-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I don't think this is the place to answer that type of question. I don't know your college nor their Record's committee. Isn't there a number on the form you can call? I think they could answer any question you may have better than anyone on this board.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #12
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I don't think this is the place to answer that type of question. I don't know your college nor their Record's committee. Isn't there a number on the form you can call? I think they could answer any question you may have better than anyone on this board.

Ok. gotcha. Though, I was wondering if anyone had to deal with the Academic Appeals Committee before?
Old 01-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #13
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

you need learning support? Rtard

Take a hint from hotsizzle. He's skipped a grade. Throw him a PM and ask him how its done
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #14
Dorell's Hancock
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dorell's Hancock has an OK reputation so far

Why does Hotsizzle skips grades? Are not they important to get into higher learning centers?
Dorell's Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #15
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
you need learning support? Rtard

Take a hint from hotsizzle. He's skipped a grade. Throw him a PM and ask him how its done

And who are you? Pretty easy to laugh at me behind a computer ****.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: