Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #46
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knicks vs nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
Idk man, bibby didnt look that bad to me, its his first game and everyone saying he's done. I think he might prove some people wrong 5 pts and 3 asst in 15 mins. Lets give him some time, hell chandler was 4 and 4 in 27 mins.
But Chandler played excellent defense on Lopez.You can't see that on stat sheet.
Last year Lopez scored 40 on us,this time he had 15 and most of his points came when Chandler was on bench. He was 1-6 (I think) from the field in the first half when Chandler guarded him.

Still,I expect a lot more points and rebounds from Chandler.
I think he will average 10/10 or something like that.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #47
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
But Chandler played excellent defense on Lopez.You can't see that on stat sheet.
Last year Lopez scored 40 on us,this time he had 15 and most of his points came when Chandler was on bench. He was 1-6 (I think) from the field in the first half when Chandler guarded him.

Still,I expect a lot more points and rebounds from Chandler.
I think he will average 10/10 or something like that.
So what's your opinion on bibby?
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #48
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So what's your opinion on bibby?
He's horrible on defense but we already knew that.
Bibby could be nice for 15 minutes off the bench but nothing more.

I hope we can get Baron Davis,he's clearly better than Douglas and Bibby.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #49
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

douglas is at best a backup scorer/defender and we should trade him for some picks in next years draft

maybe fields also, as he looks uncomfortable on the floor
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #50
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I definitely disagree wholeheartedly on a few things you saw.
Amare was not good on defense at all. I dont know if it was intentional or not but people got around him easily. I saw pitiful footwork defensively by him. He tried to block shots (which does not mean good defense!) from people that guy by him. He never got into the game on either end of the floor and settled for jump shots never really tried to get into the paint. He let Shelden (or whoever guareded him) control him. This guy isnt a rebounder at all.

When Mike Bibby was pressed he couldnt do anything with the ball and picked up his dribble. I did like the leadership he showed getting people into position and calling offensive sets.

Landry was MIA this game looked lost. He grabbed a few rebounds but couldnt fit into the game. Looked like bench fodder. He hit a couple of shits but basically was DOO DOO based off this game.

TD isnt a PG based off this game..

Carmelo was actually keeping his man in front of him for the most part. This guy can score if you call or play or not. I dont think he held the ball killing the clock stopping the flow but a couple of times that I saw. This was get his teammates involved so they can be confident kind of game from him. He didnt go after rebounds that much but he did hustle for the most part.

Chandler got challenged tonight by Lopez. I mean Lopez was HIGHLY motivated tonight! Chandler held his own and made Lopez work hard and he altered shots which was nice. Chandler really didnt get much support from Amare down low so it was just he and Balkman going after rebounds. Chandler and Balkman were hustling and giving good effort tonight. 2 scrappy type players.

Iman was confident based on what he showed tonight. If Landry keeps stinking up the joint this kid will take his starting gig. He got washed a lot on 2nd and 3rd picks as well as Bibby. None of his teammates picked them up by flashing or switching men but that will come with time and communication. They need to keep this kid at the 2 dont derail his possible progress by him playing the 1. Please dont put that steal of the draft stuff out there too much its too presumptuous.

D'antoni I liked how he mismatched players tonight. TD and Laundry looked terrible together. Bibby and Shump looked fine together. TD and Shump looked good together.

Overall for the first game out there it wasnt terrible but a less talented team showed what defense, effort and hustle can do.
Just going to put this here and delete the other one.

There are varying degrees of what each person thought of Bibby ironically.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #51
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

People lets think before we post. This is why Knick fans get bashed a lot in other forums.
Unless you mean at the end of the season...
The team is over the cap with no money to sign players now.
How do you trade 2 guys that shouldnt even be starting in the NBA with no means to replace them? Who is going to take 2 guys that cant even start for our team with absolutely no backcourt?
It's not impossible but highly improbable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
douglas is at best a backup scorer/defender and we should trade him for some picks in next years draft

maybe fields also, as he looks uncomfortable on the floor

All things considered I didnt think Bibby was bad. I just didnt like how he was pressured after crossing half-court and gave up on his dribble. I know he isnt capable of blowing past anyone but he has to show more aggressiveness by driving past the defender or use his off arm to create space.

In Miami they dont use PG's to bring up the ball often its Wade or LBJ so I wont begrudge him some rustiness.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #52
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Idk man, bibby didnt look that bad to me, its his first game and everyone saying he's done. I think he might prove some people wrong 5 pts and 3 asst in 15 mins. Lets give him some time, hell chandler was 4 and 4 in 27 mins.
I'm not basing it on yesterday. I'm basing it on the last two years. Dude has been in a downward spiral. He stunk last year. If you can't outplay Chalmers, you are a scrub.
I'm sticking with my campaign to start Shumpert at the point. I said it when we drafted him, throughout the entire summer and yesterday just confirmed it for me. When you guys want to come over to my side, I'll welcome you with open arms. How bout it ? lol It's lonely over here
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #53
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm not basing it on yesterday. I'm basing it on the last two years. Dude has been in a downward spiral. He stunk last year. If you can't outplay Chalmers, you are a scrub.
I'm sticking with my campaign to start Shumpert at the point. I said it when we drafted him, throughout the entire summer and yesterday just confirmed it for me. When you guys want to come over to my side, I'll welcome you with open arms. How bout it ? lol It's lonely over here

I hear you 100, but I don't think D'antoni starts Shump at the point, most likely at the 2, if Fields doesn't hold his ground.

I saw yesterday that Shump has the ability to get in the lane, and had couple of good passes, but can he run the offense?

Not sold on that.

He has some of the tools though...... quickness, strength, good vision, and confidence in his game, and he plays defense, even d-ed up on Deron for a steal.

I'd rather have him as the 2 guard though since he has that catch and shoot worked on from the summer.

Bibby may have to start, even though I prefer he didn't.

But we already know Melo will be running the offense so it's cool.

Toney is best suited with the 2nd unit providing offense as the 6th or 7th guy off the bench.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #54
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Lmao shump isn't close to being used as a PG might as well get that out ya head. He's a SG.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: