Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Can we agree on the fact that...

...the referees for the Knicks games have made some TERRIBLE calls against the Knicks. Alot of them actually changing the course of the game in favor of the other team. Also, it's a frequent thing. Like in every game. Not because of me being a fan I say this it's that when the replay is show even the announcers say it was a bad call. I just wish they would officiate better their games. Down the middle.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I have been watching sports for over 40 years and I have made some observations concerning the refs, especially basketball.

They favor the stars of the league.

They favor winning teams and make tighter calls on losers, giving them less leeway.

And they are anti New York, although it's much better than many years ago.

My father traveled and told me about the prejudice against New York teams and New Yorkers in general. Especially from certain people who are still fighting the war between the states.

It's better now but there still are prejudices and those run deep.

I found it first hand in the Army in the early 80's. Black against white, white against black and I was a Jew from New York so you could imagine what I had to put up with. My dad had the same experience in the Army during WW II about being a New York Jew.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #3
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

BigDaddy is right about the star issue(I will leave the prejudice subject for another day)

In the most leagues and definitely the NBA the stars get the calls, thats how it is and how it has been. First problem the Knicks have no stars. The great players always get the benefit of the whistle from Jordan to Shaq to Kobe, there is noone on the Knicks who is in that category, so in a tight game where a star might get a call, the Knicks are not going to get it.

Second players with reputations get calls. Players who officials know dont flop, or dont sell fouls, or have reputations for playing hard nose defense get the benefit of the calls, once again, not one person on the roster of the Knicks has that reputation.

Which is probably why there may be the perception the Knicks dont get calls.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Let's watch the game tonite. I bet that there will be at least four bad calls. I mean BAD as in not touching the guy at all. They call a lot of Offensive fouls that have been very "iffy". Very. Bibby, Artest and Miller should have a field day today with the acting. Especially Artest.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

They made terrible calls, but that isnt an excuse for losing.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:55 AM   #6
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
They made terrible calls, but that isnt an excuse for losing.

I agree. I believe the reason was the poor defensive rotation they were executing all night. Curry has disappointed the team once again and Lee has shown that he is the man once again as well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: