Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board
Default ROY

I like Shumpert, and hopes he is in the running for rookie of the year. Do you think dantoni will give him the opportunity to be a candidate?
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ROY

shum should replace fields on the starting 5, hes more capable of hitting the open three and it will help his confidence to be playing along the stars who will back him up

if he can be consistent with his scoring, he shud be up there in the voting
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Its presumptuous for ROY relax people. The bench is weak so hypothetically if Shump out plays Laundry they may use Shump off the bench for scoring with the 2nd unit.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Shumpert should replace Douglas,not Fields. If that happened, yes, he'd have a shot.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A little early for ROY talk, but if D'antoni plugs him into the starting line-up he would have a shot.

I don't see Shump getting featured like the other higher draft picks though.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Baron / Shumpert / Bibby
Fields / Toney

for me
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #7
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

new york fans are supposedly "educated fans", but its threads like this that make me wonder. are we really talking about ROY after 1 preseason game?
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
Nickel06
Kids at the park dunk on me

Nickel06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think Shumpert should replace Douglas,not Fields.

THIS!!!!! Shump=Rondo with an offensive game outside of layups!!!
Nickel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
new york fans are supposedly "educated fans", but its threads like this that make me wonder. are we really talking about ROY after 1 preseason game?
Where have you been?

I think the OP did state "opportunity".

It's not like the draft class was exactly top heavy though.

Even last season Fields was third, and that's with Blake who was drafted the year before.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
I said the same thing but I think my post got edited...

It's utterly ridiculous...

And Shump isnt a PG and I have politely said this.... I guess Knick fans just have one track minds.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I'm thinking some of you didn't read the OP actual post, and are blinded by the title.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #12
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I'm thinking some of you didn't read the OP actual post, and are blinded by the title.
Nope every rookie is in the running for ROY .... we all know what is being implied...
Old 12-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #13
Nickel06
Kids at the park dunk on me

Nickel06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek

And Shump isnt a PG and I have politely said this.... I guess Knick fans just have one track minds.

Yea but how do we know until we see it??? Im not sayin your wrong and Im right, I just wanna see Shump not be able to handle it before we go and say he cant do it. He may not be able to, but I do NOT like TD at point. Waaaay too many times in yesterdays game, Tyson would set a perfect pick, and then roll to the basket with NO ONE within 5 feet of him and did Tony see him??? Hell NO!!! Hes busy with his head down dribblin all over creation so he can hurry up and find Melo to suck his and get him the ball wright away...Yea anybody BUT TD... This'll all be moot anyway with the Baron of Ball comin to town
Nickel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel06
Yea but how do we know until we see it??? Im not sayin your wrong and Im right, I just wanna see Shump not be able to handle it before we go and say he cant do it. He may not be able to, but I do NOT like TD at point. Waaaay too many times in yesterdays game, Tyson would set a perfect pick, and then roll to the basket with NO ONE within 5 feet of him and did Tony see him??? Hell NO!!! Hes busy with his head down dribblin all over creation so he can hurry up and find Melo to suck his and get him the ball wright away...Yea anybody BUT TD... This'll all be moot anyway with the Baron of Ball comin to town
Have no fear, if Baron Davis is on the court, he will see Chandler cutting to the rim.

But I don't see Shump as a pg either.

Not really sure that's even what the coaches had him working on.

He has been improve his jumper the whole off-season.

That's 2 guard with handles.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek

Shump isnt a PG and I have politely said this.... I guess Knick fans just have one track minds.
Why not? He played more PG in HS and college than our current starting PG. So please, explain why he can't become an NBA pg.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: