Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #16
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's like getting kicked in the balls but in your mouth.

At least that's what I hear.

Quote:
yea one time I was getting blood drawn for something... and the douche doctor kept missing my vein. he would stab the needle in, move it around, push it further in, move it around, take it out, then try again. took him like 4 tries. didn't help it was cold in there and the rubber band thing wasn't tight enough. what a dumbass. it hurt. I was like 11. had the same thing done a couple years later and barely even felt it.
Thats so wierd you said that. We were talking about the cardiovascualr system and donating blood today in my Anatomy class and a friend of mine told me the same exact thing happened to her. That sounds like it sucks.

Last edited by IlliniFan : 01-02-2007 at 05:54 PM.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For me it really only sucked for the 2 days following the procedure.

The actual ripping was pretty painless. I was awake but gassed and didn't feel a thing during it other than an intense high. There was a lot of bleeding and some pain for the next 2 days for me. Good painkillers will definetly help but the bleeding gets really annoying.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #18
hawks4life
I airball my layups

hawks4life has an OK reputation so far

i had mine pulled december 21st and i was able to talk normally by christmas, i was walking around and what not....it took about 3 days before i could actually start chewing food ( but thats with just my front teeth), you just have to be careful...you cannot strain yourself or chew alot because that will cause the blood clots to burst and bleed again (im sure your dentist or whomever has explained that to you), but after about a week and 1/2 i was back jogging and what not, people heal differently and at different rates, this was just my experience...and the pain was not bad at all as long as you take the pain killers when you are supposed to
hawks4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #19
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

dudE< THE TEETH PULLIN SUCKS:
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:23 AM   #20
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Tell you the truth. The anesth shot hurt more than the teeth for me. My arm BURNED like hell for about 10 seconds before I was knocked out. After that, it took me about 2-3 days to eat solids again. Little pain doesn't really hinder you from eating for the next week or so. Nothing to worry about really. I was ready to play volleyball at my university RIGHT after the surgery, but my dad woudn't let me hah.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #21
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

well people are going to have plenty of horror stories about getting wisdom teeth pulled. it all actually depends on how YOUR teeth are growing. i got all 4 of mine taken out at the same time. i had heard a lot of horror stories, but it wasn't nearly as bad for me. mine had grown pretty nice and straight and there were no complications. the procedure was done under local anesthesia at the dentists office and it took all of 30 minutes or so to get all 4 taken out. you feel pressure but no pain. your gums are numb but you feel blood squirting in your mouth. if you have a tough stomach, its no biggie.

the main thing is recovery. your mouth is going to swell up like crazy. ice it. take your meds. don't drink out of straw. basically do everything that the dentist tells you to do. trust me, you do not want to take your recovery nonchalantly otherwise you'll get dry sockets which are a pain in the mother ****ing ass. a friend of mine had em and he was in bad shape for a while. for me, i started feeling good in two days. still kept up with the recovery like the doctor told me to. after the surgery, you're going to feel like there is a lot of extra space in your mouth and you're tempted to explore it with your own tongue and by sucking in your cheeks, try at all cost to resist that.

the worst thing about the whole thing to me ws having really stinky breath for a couple of days.

Last edited by SupermanOnSteroids : 01-03-2007 at 08:55 AM.
SupermanOnSteroids is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:35 AM   #22
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

True that about the bad breath. The third day was the worst for me. I had ball practice the second day and went. That might have something to do with it. So the third day my face was somewhat swollen and i decided to go out to eat with my girlfriend at the time. We ended up breaking up that night because I said some pretty bad stuff to her because my mouth felt like someone was repeatedly decking me.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #23
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

But getting knocked out is the best ****ing feeling in the world. :)
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:13 PM   #24
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

theinfamousmobb has an OK reputation so far

Damn Im getting mine removed soon, I think imma rechedule it to to spring break or maybe at least till I finish high school, but my teeths lining is fu|cking up, my teeth are strating to grow crooked
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: