Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #16
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Celtics @ Raptors 1pm (preseason)

Nice loss, to bad it was in the preseason. We could of used it.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #17
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Grey takes a bit too much time to gather in the post for my liking. He's not an agile guy to begin with so that puts him at an even greater disadvantage.

Liked what I saw from Forbes this game. Seemed to hold his own defensively (although it was mostly Boston bench players) and he shot the ball fairly well.

The next logical step for DeRozan is increasing his range IMO. He never had (and most likely never will) that playmaking ability to elevate himself as an elite off-guard but the 3 pointer is a nice weapon to add.

Offense looked horrible on both sides of the ball so I can't say much about the Raptor defense. However, their rebounding was very good this game. Other than that tip in at the end of the game, the Raps did a great job closing possessions out, there weren't those periods of helplessness on the boards that we're used to seeing.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #18
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nice to see DeMar hitting some 3 tonight. Love his work ethic. Davis needs to get more minutes.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #19
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I posted this in the main forum but I noticed that he looked beefed up and I googled it and found a TS article that said he ended out last season at 216-217 and that he's currently put on about 20 pounds of muscle. Hopefully that helps him bang a little bit more in the paint. I didn't see enough of him to know if he's improved at all, but I think his body will at least be more prepared for the grind than it was last year.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #20
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Considering our starters (and Gary Forbes) managed to lose to Brandon Bass and a bunch of rookies and D-leaguer in the last 5 minutes, I don't think we'll have any problem losing real games. The current Raptors lineuop honestly doesn't look like it belongs in the NBA.

All I want to see this season is Demar and Davis getting a ton of minutes, and hopefully either/both Bargnani and Calderon (although I like him) moved. That is it. I don't want to see any winning.

Last edited by A.M.G. : 12-19-2011 at 12:59 AM.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #21
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
All I want to see this season is Demar and Davis getting a ton of minutes, and hopefully either/both Bargnani and Calderon (although I like him) moved. That is it. I don't want to see any winning.
This reflects my thoughts 100%. I like Calderon (damn solid player during his time with the Raptors) as well but he has no place on this team in the long-run.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #22
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
This reflects my thoughts 100%. I like Calderon (damn solid player during his time with the Raptors) as well but he has no place on this team in the long-run.

BC has to trade Calderon. He definitely has no future on this team

As far as Bargs go, for me, this is last chance to show me something different. He needs to average at least 8 boards a game.

Ed Davis better get a lot of minutes this season.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #23
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Considering our starters (and Gary Forbes) managed to lose to Brandon Bass and a bunch of rookies and D-leaguer in the last 5 minutes, I don't think we'll have any problem losing real games. The current Raptors lineuop honestly doesn't look like it belongs in the NBA.

Didn't the celtics starters get more minutes then the Raptors starters?
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #24
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo

As far as Bargs go, for me, this is last chance to show me something different. He needs to average at least 8 boards a game.

Don't hold your breath
Old 12-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
Didn't the celtics starters get more minutes then the Raptors starters?
For one, they didn't even have Paul Pierce. And as for the starter minutes, Bargnani and Derozan played more than anyone else on both teams, and they sat all their starters down the stretch.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #26
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
For one, they didn't even have Paul Pierce. And as for the starter minutes, Bargnani and Derozan played more than anyone else on both teams, and they sat all their starters down the stretch.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I just watched bits and pieces of the game.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #27
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I just watched bits and pieces of the game.
When the regular rotation players were in, the Celtics generally managed a 10 point lead.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #28
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
When the regular rotation players were in, the Celtics generally managed a 10 point lead.
Alright, they play again Wednesday right? Hopefully our offence improves, because what I seen of yesterday's game was baaad. Way to many turnovers, forcing things.. and Bayless really doesn't like to run plays.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:36 AM   #29
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo

still not enough

he is playing a totally different position now, he has no excuse not to outrebound other 4's in the league at 7feet tall. That being said, I think he's gotta be in the double-digit range to either:

A) prove to possibile suitors that he is worth a lot and as a result becoming a great trade asset

B) prove he is indispensable and that it is not too late to include him in our core of DD, ED and JV
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #30
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
he is playing a totally different position now, he has no excuse not to outrebound other 4's in the league at 7feet tall. That being said, I think he's gotta be in the double-digit range to either:
There is little difference between playing C and PF. It depends on who you are guarding and who you are playing beside. Bargnani will still likely be guarding many of the same players and he'll still be playing beside Amir and Ed Davis for the most part.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: