Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation
Default Baron Davis is a Knick

ESPN reported that the Knicks have signed Baron Davis. What's your Response?
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Baron Davis is a Knick

I'm happy. He's clearly better than Douglas or Fields.

Davis will be a great signing if he can stay healthy.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A no risk signing, that could reap high rewards.

This is the best team Baron has played on, and when he gets healthy he will be a the starting pg.

I like it, just hope he gets healthy soon.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Agreed. He should be motivated.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
lebob23
38563065 38563065 3

lebob23 has not been impressing people

As long as they got him cheap I am OK with it, the knicks are starting to pattern

themselves after my basketball injury history, after i tore up my knee they got

amare, after I injured my elbow they got Melo, and now a few months after i

slipped a disc they got Baron.
lebob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Unfortunately one of the young bucks is going to miss out on time.

I have no clue who its going to be hurt by this signing...

I hope it shakes out this way though...

Bdiddy/Bibby/TD
Shumpert/TD (2nd team needs an offensive leader)/Laundry
Melo/Laundry/Balkman

But based on the size of the players
Bdiddy/Bibby/TD
TD/Shumpert (if he establishes himself)/Laundry
Melo/Laundry/Balkman
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This signing should help the team not have to rely on TD or Bibby running the point for no amount of extended minutes.

It also helps put players in their proper positions on the court.

Baron starts, moves Shump to the two, moves Fields to backup 3, TD as 7th man, Bibby as the backup pg.

Nobody is hurting for minutes because players will need rest for this crunched season.

All hands on deck, no 7-8 man rotations this season.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:48 AM   #8
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
This signing should help the team not have to rely on TD or Bibby running the point for no amount of extended minutes.

Baron starts, moves Shump to the two, moves Fields to backup 3, TD as 7th man, Bibby as the backup pg.

Nobody is hurting for minutes because players will need rest for this crunched season.

thats how i see the lineup being, or if douglas or fields can improve their play by time davis is ready
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 AM   #9
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll be honest, B-Diddy has been one of my favourite NBA players for a long time, so I'm happy that he's a Knick.
But... He's 33 and declining.
So my happiness is a bit worried too. If he will be limited by his physical problems, the Knicks will still be lacking a legit PG.
I am 100% sure that if he's healthy he is a perfect addition to this team.
I guess we can't but wait and see
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #10
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebob23
As long as they got him cheap I am OK with it, the knicks are starting to pattern

themselves after my basketball injury history, after i tore up my knee they got

amare, after I injured my elbow they got Melo, and now a few months after i

slipped a disc they got Baron.
How come every post you put up, you talk bout A'mare's health? We could be talkin bout a car somebody brought and you go there.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #11
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Exactly. We need a 10 man rotation this year. We can't let guys waste away on the bench.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #12
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Only thing I'm worried about is shot distribution.
B-Diddy also likes to take a lot of shots and we already have 2 shot jackers on our team.
Baron averaged 12 shots per game last season,Amare 19 and Melo 20.

On the other hand if healthy he is a huge upgrade over Douglas or Bibby.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Only thing I'm worried about is shot distribution.
B-Diddy also likes to take a lot of shots and we already have 2 shot jackers on our team.
Baron averaged 12 shots per game last season,Amare 19 and Melo 20.

On the other hand if healthy he is a huge upgrade over Douglas or Bibby.
Baron will be the 3rd-4th scorer on the floor normally.

12 in the flow of the offense will not be an issue.

Baron isnt here to take over, and he knows it.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #14
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

cant wait for baron to suit up
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #15
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Baron will be the 3rd-4th scorer on the floor normally.

12 in the flow of the offense will not be an issue.

Baron isnt here to take over, and he knows it.
He's a veteran. I hope he knows what he's doing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: