Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation
Default Iman Shumpert or Norris Cole???

Who's going to have a better rookie season and would make a bigger impact for their teams in the future?

Last edited by Bigsmoke : 11-08-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this board
Default Re: Iman Shumpert or Norris Cole???

Both are nobodies.

Shumpert was selected too high and no one gas ever heard of Norris Cole.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool

Funny. I was just on another board where they're talking about the two and I was reading this post. It exemplifies my feeling on the matter..

"as a Heat fan, I think we do best to keep the gushing inhouse. but every Heater is raving about him for good reasons, but the reasons (should) have alot to do with our point guard position and the configuration of our bench, not the potential of Cole becoming an all-star point guard. We are extatic to have a guy that can change the pace, handle the ball, find guys, breaksdown the defense, is young, plays intense D - instead of Bibby..

He is a guy that, from where we drafted him, is perfect for what we need from the pg position with our bench. no matter how good Miller and Haslem and Battier are as role players if someone is not creating for them, making the defense move around, creating space, they will hav a hard time scoring. the offence, both for the starters and the bench have had really ugly stretches just passing around and then taking a contested shot when the clock is winding down. Cole could very well be the cure for that. and if the bench is humming, more rest for Wade and Bron, which equals fresher legs in the playoffs. that's why must of us like him so much. he could end up being really valuable for us, that is not to say he would be as important for other teams, or as good as Rondo or whatever.

And I think Knicks fans feels something similiar about Schumpert, with their weak backcourt, if he can be a productive player for them, it it will be of huge benefit."
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
fubu05
Say Word?

fubu05 is considered somewhat coolfubu05 is considered somewhat cool

I feel like Shumpert's athleticism and length, basically his physical attributes gives him an edge. He's something rare.
fubu05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Probably Shumpert.

Not because he's the better player (even though he probably is).
It's because he is good at defense and Knicks need all the defense they can get.Also they need some scoring from the bench and he can provide that.
On the other hand Cole is a point guard on the team that has LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. Not much room to do his job.

To sum it up: Knicks need Shumpert more than the Heat need Cole.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

this is like asking jordan or kareem . . . they are both so great . . . why do we have to diminish the abilities of either of them by comparing them? let their greatness shine on their own.

for real, i have never seen cole play, and i'm not quite as hyped about shumpert as seemingly every other knicks fan is. he's still a bit raw, and it looks like that jump shot is going to need to improve before it becomes a consistent weapon.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Imani will more of an immediate impact.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
christian1923
Good college starter

christian1923 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
this is like asking jordan or kareem . . . they are both so great . . . why do we have to diminish the abilities of either of them by comparing them? let their greatness shine on their own.

for real, i have never seen cole play, and i'm not quite as hyped about shumpert as seemingly every other knicks fan is. he's still a bit raw, and it looks like that jump shot is going to need to improve before it becomes a consistent weapon.
THIS
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Fatstogie
Serious playground baller

Fatstogie has decent reputation

Norris Cole will.

IMO he fits with the heat. I think if they let him play? He will have a break out year. Because he runs fast and passes. And the heat need that.

Id also like to see Rio passing the ball more too.

He had 8 assists adn that was his first game. So IMO, due to teh potential on the team, dude could go off.

IMO lebron and dwade need the ball in their hands less. And IMO chalmers and cole should be passing to them for easier buckets rather than off the dribble.

So i think norris cole coulda been a no body. But on this team?

He will blossom further and faster than he would on any other team. And i really hope they let the dude play.
Fatstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #10
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

shumpert
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatstogie
Norris Cole will.

IMO he fits with the heat. I think if they let him play? He will have a break out year. Because he runs fast and passes. And the heat need that.

Id also like to see Rio passing the ball more too.

He had 8 assists adn that was his first game. So IMO, due to teh potential on the team, dude could go off.

IMO lebron and dwade need the ball in their hands less. And IMO chalmers and cole should be passing to them for easier buckets rather than off the dribble.

So i think norris cole coulda been a no body. But on this team?

He will blossom further and faster than he would on any other team. And i really hope they let the dude play.

shumpert was the best player on the knicks for the first game and he is also the best defender on the knicks after chandler.
Rekindled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

I think they'll both be solid rookies. Nothing great but solid.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #13
kidachi

I was thinking of making this thread.. didn't know there was one..

anyway, I think Shumpert would get more playing time than Cole.. since he's in a free flowing tempo..

but of course as a Heat fan.. I'll go with Cole.. I'm rooting really hard for this kid..
Old 12-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #14
allabouthawks
Human highlight

allabouthawks has an OK reputation so far

shumpert looked great in the lockout games looks explosive
allabouthawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #15
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

well from what ish told me, its basically payton vs kevin johnson
i guess u go with payton because of the D
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: