Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Josh Freeman...thoughts on potential?

25 TD/6 INT's last year, 13 TD/18 INT's this year.

What were your thoughts on him last year and how have they changed, if at all? He is still only a month away from his 24th birthday. Is this year just a year of growing pains? Which year is closer to the real Josh Freeman? Are his weapons just not good enough?

How would you compare him to guys like Sanchez, Dalton, Colt, Cassel, and Bradford?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Josh Freeman...thoughts on potential?

He's regressed terribly this year, but I think he will rebound. Bucs need a new coaching staff in there, I don't think he'll be as good as last year, but he won't be as bad as this year.

I think he can be a QB who will throw for 3,000+ with 20+ td's and 12+ INT's every year.

He's young still, and that whole team is a mess this year, He'll rebound and become and above average starter for a while, IMO.

I still think he's better than Sanchez as well as Colt, and on par with the other's you mentioned
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:47 PM   #3
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

who I would take:

1. Bradford (no homer)
2. Dalton
3. Cassel
4. Freeman
5. McCoy
6. Sanchez (I'm convinced he will never ever be good, no hope)
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #4
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

I think he has potential to be like Ben Roethlisberger.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #5
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
who I would take:

1. Bradford (no homer)
2. Dalton
3. Cassel
4. Freeman
5. McCoy
6. Sanchez (I'm convinced he will never ever be good, no hope)

Except that he is wayy better than Bradford, Cassel & Freeman.

Won in the post season is better than anything the others can say.
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
Except that he is wayy better than Bradford, Cassel & Freeman.

if the Jets don't make the post season this year Sanchez will lose his job...cause he sucks

he is holding them back
Old 12-20-2011, 12:42 AM   #7
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
if the Jets don't make the post season this year Sanchez will lose his job...cause he sucks

he is holding them back

When the running game is going good & Santonio Holmes isn't dropping passes like a total douche Sanchize looks really good.

Inconsistency is normal when talking about young quaterbacks. Come playoff time he'll outplay Tim Tebow & Brady but will lose to Ben in AFC Championship Game.
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:50 AM   #8
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

he is holding them back

Bullshit. Mark Sanchez is often under a lot of pressure because Wayne Hunter sucks and the running game isn't producing as well this year. And he's shown steady improvement. 23 TD's with 13 INT's.

Sanchez > Freeman, Bradford, McCoy, Cassel, and Dalton. At least this year.

Last edited by Heavincent : 12-20-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:15 AM   #9
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I guarentee you Sanchez will not start for the Jets again if they miss the post season...
Old 12-20-2011, 02:48 AM   #10
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
Except that he has a wayy better defense than Bradford, Cassel & Freeman.

That's what you meant, right?

Freeman will have a much better career than Sanchez.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:50 AM   #11
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Give Freeman Holmes, Burress, LT, Shonn Greene, and Revis and Cromartie on the back end and see how he does.

Idiots..
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:40 AM   #12
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Give Freeman Holmes, Burress, LT, Shonn Greene, and Revis and Cromartie on the back end and see how he does.

Idiots..
You make it sound like the Jets have some kind of elite offense.

Shonn Greene is an average back. LT sucks, Plaxico is decent, Holmes and Keller are good.. The other Jets WR's suck and his O-line is pretty bad (especially Wayne Hunter). Also, if you add Revis and Cromartie to any team they get better..

Blount and Greene are about the same, I think Blount is better. Winslow and Keller are about equal and the WR's are about the same as well, I guess Jets are slightly better..

Even if Sanchez does have more weapons, they aren't much better at all. Sanchez is definitely better than Freeman right now and its not because of weapons.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #13
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I guarentee you Sanchez will not start for the Jets again if they miss the post season...

Hell no. They'll fire the OC, and give him another chance next year. There is no way that they give up on Sanchez right now.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #14
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Shocked. 13 posts in and no one takes a shot at me.

irondarts nailed it, the Bucs need a REAL head coach and a real offensive coordinator. The biggest reason for his awful year this season is b/c the coaching staff is completely inept. It's like the inmates are running the asylum. Now, Freeman has made some dumb plays himself this year, but he also doesn't have as much help as it appeared last season. The OL doesn't give him much time at all to pass, and the WRs aren't getting open consistently. Anytime a defense blitzes, it's a guaranteed sack or incompletion b/c the OL & RB don't know how to pick up a blitz.

Oh, and Sanchez is garbage.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

PTiddy doesnt know football so his point is moot and useless.

Sanchez has accomplished more than any of the other guys yet he is the worse? Give me a break. I dont even like Sanchez as a Jets fan but its idiotic to put him last after going to the AFC Championship the past 2 years. How many playoff games has Brady won in the same amount of time 0. Sanchez resume >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all those other guys.

With that said. TB team is just horrid. Not Freemans fault they put terrible team together. I havent seen enough of him to make a complete fair assessment. But......

I wanted Freeman instead of Sanchez and I definitely thought it was a terrible mistake to trade up for him.

But again the RESUME says SANCHEZ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone Else on that list!
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: