Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2011, 10:46 PM   #16
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

Default Re: Who would you rather have, John Wall or J'rue Holliday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
and jrue has a cap on his potential? he has gotten better every year and is 21. every time wall and holiday play each other holiday usually has the better game.
Jrue is a good player with plenty of potential but Wall's is higher in my opinion because of his athleticism. Wall has to improve his jumper and cut down on turnovers though.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #17
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You posters are f*cking idiots for constantly replying to his threads. He doesnt like John Wall. So why do yo enter every agenda based thread of his? Just ignore them. Not hard. It really isnt. Dont even dare argue this sh!t either.

I'm not sure that it's because he doesn't like John Wall. I think he is insecure about John Wall being better than Kyrie Irving, so he has to knock Wall down every chance he can.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I'm not sure that it's because he doesn't like John Wall. I think he is insecure about John Wall being better than Kyrie Irving, so he has to knock Wall down every chance he can.

Nah man he was knocking John Wall the day he arrived in college. What PB does is whoever people hype up, project as a future superstar? He disses. Thats why he rode the Demarcus Cousins wagon as he discredited Wall every chance he got. Kyrie Irving wasnt even in the picture then. He did this same thing with Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant. He was a big Greg Oden fan, so he felt the need to slam Durant because many said he had one of the best freshman seasons in college history. Derrick Rose hype started up. People went nuts over his high school highlights. Billed him as the next best thing. Enter PB trashing him. Same exact things he said about Wall he said about Rose. He dont care about Kyrie Irving. He trashed the kid. He trashed posters who hyped him up "All he did was play 11gms and this is the guy you think is the #1 pick? I dont see it!". We are going to hear his nonsense about Wall until Wall improves. And if Wall does that PB hops on to the next one.

He's doing it with Anthony Davis now with Kentucky. He posted wrong stats to try and bash the guy. He picked 1 game where Davis was in foul trouble to attack him http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242441
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #19
Dwyane Rose
Best of Both Worlds

Dwyane Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #20
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Smush parker
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #21
pauk
NBA Legend

John Wall ofcourse....
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:36 AM   #22
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
It has absolutely nothing to do with Kyrie. He was doing this with Wall at the same time last year when he was making disparaging threads about Kyrie Irving. PB has only recently come around on Kyrie, as a matter of fact.

We can all agree that Wall has incredible potential and that Holliday also may become a very good player. It is almost impossible to tell where each will end up, because it is so damned early in their respective careers...

I will say this, though... I think the Wall hype has gotten a little out of hand. Yes, he is supremely athletic and has a frame that not many point guards in the history of the league have had. However, he is playing a position that requires more than athleticism and other physical advantages.

Being a really great NBA point guard requires a certain mindset and a certain skillset that I haven't seen out of Wall, up to this point. It is nice that he can do crazy dunks and jump through the ceiling, but -- if I were a Wizards fan -- I would feel a lot more comfortable if he began hitting a pullup jumper or developed any kind of consistent offensive move over completing an occasional wicked dunk.

The expectation is that Wall is a sure-fire future superstar point guard... I'm not buying into that quite yet. His potential is obvious. But, so are his deficiencies. If he were playing any other position, the talent and frame alone would probably convince me of his eventual superstardom.

Playing the 1, though... We'll see. I'm not saying he won't live up to the hype, but I'm not ready to buy-in.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:43 AM   #23
kumquat
College superstar

Wall is the better player, but it's not by some great margin. Jrue is underrated big time.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:46 AM   #24
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Wall has best PG in the NBA potential to me anyways. People get caught up in his athletic ability but don't realize how good of a passer he actually is. Post above me talked about how playing the 1 we'll see, any other position and he'd be able to get by. The thing is, he's not Steve Francis. He's never going to be a PG that's going to always look to shoot first.

He had like 26 double doubles in 69 games, was pretty banged up too. That's more than Chris Paul in his rookie season I believe, to compare it to a "pure passer" or whatever. Wall at one point was averaging like 9+ assists during the season, finished at 8ish.

Scoring wise I think his athletic ability will always get him into the lanes to score and get him to the free throw line. Need to develop a more consistent jumper. If that happens? I honestly don't think a 20\10 player is out of the question. While being able to pull down boards and defend at a high level for his position.

I actually don't think there's really been alot of hype either. Since he got drafted anyways. Blake, Rose, Durant really stole the show.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:58 AM   #25
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Steve Blake
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:11 AM   #26
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Wall has best PG in the NBA potential to me anyways. People get caught up in his athletic ability but don't realize how good of a passer he actually is. Post above me talked about how playing the 1 we'll see, any other position and he'd be able to get by. The thing is, he's not Steve Francis. He's never going to be a PG that's going to always look to shoot first.

He had like 26 double doubles in 69 games, was pretty banged up too. That's more than Chris Paul in his rookie season I believe, to compare it to a "pure passer" or whatever. Wall at one point was averaging like 9+ assists during the season, finished at 8ish.

Scoring wise I think his athletic ability will always get him into the lanes to score and get him to the free throw line. Need to develop a more consistent jumper. If that happens? I honestly don't think a 20\10 player is out of the question. While being able to pull down boards and defend at a high level for his position.

I actually don't think there's really been alot of hype either. Since he got drafted anyways. Blake, Rose, Durant really stole the show.

The hype has come during this particular offseason when literally everyone seems to be of the mindset that he is a sure-fire superstar in the making. It wasn't off the charts last year. In fact, he was sort of under the radar with the whole hysteria over the Miami thing in all of the other drama in the league.

But, this offseason, Wall has become one of the main storylines and I think it is a bit early, personally.

The issues aren't just about his lack of an offensive skillset, although that has contributed to his shortcomings in other areas... Namely turnovers. His turnover average of a shade under four per game last season is more than Chris Paul has ever averaged in any season over the course of his six year career. In fact, that is a whole turnover per game higher than Paul has ever averaged.

His passing ability is an extension of being such a tall PG and being able to see the entire floor. That is an area where his physical attributes do help him in being a better PG. But, his decision-making and confidence in his own offensive game when it comes to anything besides a slash to the hoop make him vulnerable to having a very high turnover rate, even for a point guard. He is just still a very raw player, in my eyes.

Steve Nash's up-tempo, oft out-of-control seeming style of play dictates that he commits a lot of turnovers, as great as he has been over the course of his career... But, again, Nash has never had a season where he averaged as many TOs as Wall did last year.

I'm not saying that Wall will never become a superstar point guard. I'm saying that he is still raw... Too raw for me to completely commit to the current narrative.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #27
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

Exclamation Re: Who would you rather have, John Wall or J'rue Holliday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You posters are f*cking idiots for constantly replying to his threads. He doesnt like John Wall. So why do yo enter every agenda based thread of his? Just ignore them. Not hard. It really isnt. Dont even dare argue this sh!t either.
LMAO @ this guy. Wonder if he still feels this way
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #28
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Jeff Teague.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
LMAO @ this guy. Wonder if he still feels this way

Nothing I said in my post was worth a bump. You hated on John Wall not because of his game or talent. It was the fact he had hype at the #1 pick so like you normally do? You go against the grain. You did it with Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant (how is your boy Greg Oden doing?) and now Wall. Why dont you bump the Evan Turner vs John Wall threads you made. I noticed you dont even type Evan Turner anymore. You only were pro Turner/Oden because they went to OSU who you conveniently root for.

You dont even watch Jrue Holiday to even form an argument vs John Wall. You're just being spiteful is all. And the comparison today is closer than it was before. Jrue Holiday can shoot whereas Wall has yet to develop that part of his game. Most of the arguments pro Wall was potential based and people projecting he would eventually add a reliable jumper/range to his game.

Jrue Holiday decision making isnt as good as John Walls. Since having the ball in his hands more he dishes out assists but he also turns it over. Avg 5 a game not factoring last night 7 turnovers. His ast/to ratio is lower than Walls.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #30
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Lol

Jrue is looking like a top 3 pg this season
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: