Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Report: BOTH New Xbox and PS4 Will Be Shown At E3

Quote:
UK games industry outlet MCV has reported that both the next Xbox AND the PlayStation 4 will be shown at this year's E3 in June.

This isn't the first time that a publication has cited an unnamed source with information like this, but this isn't some unknown central European games blog - MCV's credibilty makes this particular report worth paying attention to.

Speaking on Twitter, MCV's online editor Ben Parfitt said "Obviously we can't reveal our sources. But you have my personal word on this - the source is exemplary, 100% concrete, ultra high level."

We shouldn't necessarily expect a full-blown reveal, though - we might just see the announcement. Editor-in-Chief Michael French told IGN: "This is very credible. Even if we don't see the hardware itself, or know a price or date, key publishers and developers are expecting some nod towards what direction PS4 will take at E3 this year. Sony isn't stupid - it knows that if Microsoft is planning to also say something about its next console, it can't be left behind."

Many were expecting Microsoft to come out on stage at E3 with some information about the new Xbox, but Sony's reveal would be more surprising, as a new console at this stage in the PlayStation 3's life cycle would fly in the face of the company's stated "ten-year plan".
If both Sony and Microsoft do indeed reveal their new consoles at the same time as Nintendo details the release schedule and pricing for the Wii U, this would quite probably be the biggest E3 in history.

Are you ready for a three-way showdown? Is it still too soon?

Link

that would definitely make things interesting
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Report: BOTH New Xbox and PS4 Will Be Shown At E3

I just hope that one of them doesn't try to emphasize some gimmick (motion control, 3D or VR). Stick to what works well simply with newer technology. I have a PS3 but the PS3/360 era is right where I want gaming to be at. Tweak and improve, don't overhaul. I'll buy the console that does this.

I'd prefer it to be Sony because of Blu-ray but I'm not some fanboy that will stick to one company. Whoever creates the product that looks better to me, will get my money.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
LOGoods7
I hit open layups

LOGoods7 has no real reputation yet.

Why PS4 already? I'm enjoying the hell out of my PS3 and I want to make the most out of its lifecycle before I have to cop a new one
LOGoods7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

I'm sick of them introducing new consoles every half decade. Not happy about the short life-cycle and being tempted to spend $700 on a new gen console every 5th year.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
I'm sick of them introducing new consoles every half decade. Not happy about the short life-cycle and being tempted to spend $700 on a new gen console every 5th year.

I didnt read link or much of the article posted but do you think these new consoles will be out anytime soon? I'd say atleast 3 years. How long has PS3/360 been around? I got mine when GTA4 dropped. I think that was 2008.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I just hope that one of them doesn't try to emphasize some gimmick (motion control, 3D or VR). Stick to what works well simply with newer technology. I have a PS3 but the PS3/360 era is right where I want gaming to be at. Tweak and improve, don't overhaul. I'll buy the console that does this.

I'd prefer it to be Sony because of Blu-ray but I'm not some fanboy that will stick to one company. Whoever creates the product that looks better to me, will get my money.

I want them to come with two completely different systems, that way there will be an actual reason to make a conscious choice or even own both. Right now it doesn't matter at all which one you choose. You might miss out on the occasional decent game, but overall it's like 95% the same experience.

For Microsoft it seems quite obvious what direction they will go in with the new Xbox. It will be more like a PC than ever before, it might even flat out be a PC with a more plug and play focus. It will run a slightly customized version of the new Windows. The services and content will be seamlessly integrated with all other Windows devices, and maybe even other devices. (fully adopting the Apple style)

And I'm hoping Sony will come up with something radical too. Their original model of simply bring the most powerful, most expensive model with no diversifying characteristics is making me yawn. The PS2 was by far the least interesting machine between the DC-PS2-Xbox-GameCube. The PS3 is again by far the least interesting machine between the 360-PS3-Wii. And since the Playstation Vita is most likely going to bomb pretty hard, they need their new console to be a real smoker.

The console market is ready for a new step. These machines really haven't changed since the introduction of the original Xbox Live. Which will be over ten years ago once these new machines launch. Nintendo is trying to bring a new dimension to gaming, but failing horribly. MS and Sony need to step up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I didnt read link or much of the article posted but do you think these new consoles will be out anytime soon? I'd say atleast 3 years. How long has PS3/360 been around? I got mine when GTA4 dropped. I think that was 2008.

Microsoft is definitely going to launch something new before 2013 is over. Most likely they are going to give the 360 one last push with the next HALO, and after that release they are going to drop their Xbox 360 support completely.
Microsoft has been opening up a lot of new studios lately that are working on projects, but they haven't announced any 360 titles from those studios. That is a dead giveaway right there that MS is already heavily developing software for a new system.

There is even some substantial speculation going on that they'll introduce a new system for Christmas 2012. Sounds like a bunch of bull to me, but who knows? But one thing is for sure: once Microsoft announces a new system Sony will follow suit very, very quickly this time.

Last edited by LJJ : 01-06-2012 at 07:21 PM.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Microsoft is going for the casual gamer (Kinect/Smartphone market). The next Xbox will not be the choice for the 'hardcore' gamer in my opinion.

Playstation will become more 'casual' friendly as well, but they will remained more focus on 'core' gaming. Thankfully Sony didn't have the success with motion gaming that Microsoft or Nintendo did.

We've seen what Nintendo's next gimmick is.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

I am pretty sure PS3 came out in 2007.
I remember reading Naughty Dog trying to rush the release of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the same date as PS3 was to come out.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Microsoft is going for the casual gamer (Kinect/Smartphone market). The next Xbox will not be the choice for the 'hardcore' gamer in my opinion.

Playstation will become more 'casual' friendly as well, but they will remained more focus on 'core' gaming. Thankfully Sony didn't have the success with motion gaming that Microsoft or Nintendo did.

I'm really glad the Move has been huge flop (critically, at least). But like you mentioned, I am a bit worried about the Kinect. It's a neat technology but not one I'd ever want to play video games with. In the end, as long as one of these companies creates something for the hardcore gamer that doesn't suck, I'll be happy.

Are there any new disc formats on the horizon or should we expect DVD and Blu-Ray again? A big part of my decision between the 360 and PS3 was Blu-Ray and basically having a full media system.

Quote:
The console market is ready for a new step. These machines really haven't changed since the introduction of the original Xbox Live. Which will be over ten years ago once these new machines launch. Nintendo is trying to bring a new dimension to gaming, but failing horribly. MS and Sony need to step up.
I agree but I think it will be more along the lines of the tweaks and improvements I mentioned. I can't see a radical change like motion gaming with the Wii was. Better online integration in some form will be a big thing.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 01-06-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

For the record, XBOX 360 dropped in 05 and PS3 was out in 06, both in November, and were already well behind in terms of graphics and processing power to PCs a year or two later.

However I think its hard to make people care about graphics at this point in gaming. Graphics are mostly considered good enough.

I personally think its time for new consoles to shake things up, although I certainly won't be an early adapter.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #11
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm with Qwyjibo on this one. I don't want a console that's gonna make games feel like work when I just get home from work. Keeping kinect/motion control as an alternative, and not a standard, is the way to go IMO. Graphics can, and will, always improve from generation to generation, and that's a good thing.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:42 AM   #12
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Their definitely going to improve graphics. Both consoles can't be 40% or more different from one another in any way, that would be bad. For one, their both going to want to include things hardcore gamers and casual gamers want. Not to exclude anything what so ever, meaning their both going to include whatever they can, and what they won't it'll be as an add on. Chances are, their both going to rival one another in just the brand alone, not the similar things they carry. If their going to be completely different, it's more then likely Microsoft fans would stick with their XBOX's and upgrade to Microsofts new XBOX, and Sony fans would just go on over to Playstation 4. The objective is to not only keep your gamers, but also gain from your rivals Nintendo, Sony, PC.

When were talking new XBOX, and new Playstation, what's really the first thing that comes to your mind? Maybe graphics. Graphics will always, always, be updated from time to time. If we can somehow get better graphics then what there is now, I'll be fine. However, if that's the case, why not just stick to the XBOX360/PS3? There must be something that they have in store for us, to make that upgrade.

PC graphics are the best it gets, if they can put in a better graphics card, somewhat equal to the graphics of a modern PC, I'll purchase it. As for audio/video blu-ray/dvd area, I think the PS4 is on the verge of having that built in already. Microsoft might be shakey on those terms, but XBOX fans will have to wait and find out. As for XBOX turning into a possible PC and it's step to progressing the XBOX into a progressive way of entertainment other then games, their going to push it hard enough to do just that.

I can see the ideas are soon to run out, we already have wireless controllers, motion sensors, webcams, wifi built in, apps, decent graphics, what more possibly can be an upgrade within this generation of gaming time frame 2005-2012 (7-8 years)? For one, maybe the quality in gaming. The price tag on these consoles will be a blast from the past, I can't see them falling nothing short of $500-600. Gaming is going to get expensive, I'm sure their going to want to make it sure those willing to purchase at those prices, because there will be tons of people eliminated instantly just do to the price tag, will be the people making the choice in purchasing their new gen model and not their rivals.

Games that may make a final debut before calling it quits? I see Halo making one last go, then making a return. I see Uncharted for Playstation doing the same. Exclusives will be amongst the top priority when it comes to making a choice whether or not to purchase this or that generation console, when it comes to debuting the console that will also be apart of such task.

For me the priorities of what makes me purchase one over the other would be
1. Hardware
2. Exclusives
3. Graphics
4. Price Tag
5. User Friendly (controls) possibly may stay the same, 90% positive on this
6. Add Ons

The list goes on, which ever can give me a check over the other will claim my money, and I'm sure some of you guys here have that in order as I do or maybe different, but when it comes to Hardware I don't want to game knowing I have a limit of using it, everything has a limit but to a certain extent nothing that falls short of my moneys worth. XBOX alone was a risk, and this will determine the number of people who go onto the PS4 just alone. I myself, know that's the truth. I don't want to starve myself of paying something so expensive knowing it'll blow in my face a few months later, it has to be built to last. The failure rate will highly determine those who are going to purchase their new systems, considering it'll have a hefty price tag and ditching their old consoles with hard drives built to store many, many games will be a leap only some will take and await to see not just the good, but the bad.

Nintendo on the other hand, shouldn't be given a second chance. They fail at everything they do, the Nintendo Wii was released in the generation of consoles that support 720i/1080i/p and resorted to standard resolution or 480i. This was a major let down and they can only hope that people give in because they want that HD upgrade. I myself hope they fail at it, the Nintendo-U would have to be a major upgrade before stealing my money again.

I was doing some YouTube search on both the Nintendo U & Vita, I stumbled across this amazing video of someone and their creativity of the new XBOX. Check it out, it brings a LOT of ideas, the 3D was great as well.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZtUP...eature=related

Some ideas from the video were:
-Built in Motion Sensor (something I thought about but won't ever happen due to it being an add on)
-Wireless Charging Pad on the XBOX
-Hard Drive is a TB & Removable (won't ever happen)
-Gryoscope (thought this was cool, should of happened years ago)
-Holding 3 games at a time
-Stero Speakers (I thought it's pretty stupid but hey, anything to sell and market right?)
-Triggers will have built in recoil
-Adjusting the analogs up or down (don't find it much useful but maybe for precise aiming)
etc, etc. check out the video it's cool.

New information on the PS4:
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wg3T...eature=related

Last edited by Draz : 01-07-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #13
PrimeJohnnyDepp
Banned

PrimeJohnnyDepp is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
The PS2 was by far the least interesting machine between the DC-PS2-Xbox-GameCube.

Nobody says this about PS2 and lives, nobody. No matter if you are a nerd or a Nintendrone or a closet pinko subversive.. I did this in my best Crypto voice, but i'm (it's) also very serious.
PrimeJohnnyDepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #14
PrimeJohnnyDepp
Banned

PrimeJohnnyDepp is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

Kinect is awesome, experiencing some joy does not make you a ***. You don't have to have it, what's this childish communist idea that only you should
have a complex experience that you feel only you understand. Core gaming vs. casual gaming, wankers vs. wow, Pilgrims.
PrimeJohnnyDepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #15
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeJohnnyDepp
Nobody says this about PS2 and lives, nobody. No matter if you are a nerd or a Nintendrone or a closet pinko subversive.. I did this in my best Crypto voice, but i'm (it's) also very serious.

I'm talking about the machine, not the games. The Xbox, the DC and to a lesser extent the GC had all kinds of interesting stuff going on with their hardware and OS etc.

If you disagree, don't just be a punk but tell me what the PS2 did that was so special.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: