Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-19-2011, 12:25 AM   #1
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default PRESEASON Official CatCast: Hawks @ Bobcats, 12/19, 7 PM EST, Time Warner Cable Arena

@

Local TV: SportSouth
Natl TV: NBA LP

Your 2011 Starting Bobcats

Key Reserves

Last edited by Bobcat4Ever : 12-19-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: PRESEASON Official CatCast: Hawks @ Bobcats, 12/19, 7 PM EST, Time Warner Cable Arena

Quote:
Bobcats' Augustin looking over his shoulder?

By Rick Bonnell
rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com

Monday night is the only Bobcats exhibition in Charlotte before they tip off for real Dec. 26 versus the Milwaukee Bucks. What to watch when they face the Atlanta Hawks at Time Warner Cable Arena:

1. Is Kemba Walker pushing D.J. Augustin? Remember the day after the draft, when rookie Walker promised to push Augustin every day? That was not an indication Augustin slacks - he doesn't - but coach Paul Silas said he has noticed Augustin is much more focused with Walker around. If the net result is Augustin playing more assertively, it can only help. Also, with Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson gone, there's no compelling reason for Augustin to defer - he now has the longest continuous service on this team.

2. How will it go with Boris Diaw as the primary option at center? An exhibition won't be close to the final word, but Atlanta's Zaza Pachulia and Al Horford will be a better test of how Diaw will hold up guarding big guys in the post than anything the last week of training camp demonstrated.

3. How long until Gana Diop can really contribute? Silas said he saw improvement in the center's conditioning over the course of last week. But he started 25 pounds overweight (rehab from a ruptured Achilles), and he kept fouling in the intrasquad scrimmage, trying to guard in the post. They need him in some capacity, because he's this team's only 7-footer.

4. Will Corey Maggette carry the scoring load? Maggette sat out the past few days with back spasms, so it's questionable whether he'll play Monday night. But Silas expects big things, in the form of a 20-point average, as this team reconfigures offensively, post-Wallace and Jackson.

5. What about this running game? Silas wants this team in transition as much as possible, a natural reaction to what figures to be a struggle to score in the half-court. The Hawks will offer some resistance to that objective you wouldn't see in an intrasquad game.

6. Is Tyrus Thomas ready for a breakout season? He'll start, and there will be nothing circumstantial holding him back from everything he aspires to be. The Hawks are long and athletic, with Josh Smith and Marvin Williams, so this is a good measure of Thomas' readiness to excel.

7. Can ex-Bobcat Melvin Ely help again? Ely says he has never felt more at home in the NBA than he was in his first stint with the Bobcats. His low-post scoring knack addresses a need. He sat out Friday and Saturday, due to a dehydration issue, so his availability for Monday night is uncertain.

8. Is anyone among the non-guarantees worth a long look? Maybe forward Ismail Muhammad. He's a heck of a leaper and seems to be decisive and assertive.

The question is roster spots; if Ely makes the squad, 13 of the 15 maximum appear taken.

9. Is Gerald Henderson fully back from hip surgery? Judge for yourself. Not once in a week of training camp did Henderson appear to be favoring an injury or failing to push himself athletically.

10. You see any Blake Griffin in Taylor Griffin? He seems well-schooled in basketball. Obviously he doesn't have his famous brother's physique or fierce style.

Atlanta Preview
Old 12-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: PRESEASON Official CatCast: Hawks @ Bobcats, 12/19, 7 PM EST, Time Warner Cable Arena

Gee, you think Atlanta has a slight height advantage?

As bad as our roster is, injuries are gonna make it even worse. Magette is having back spasms, Reggie Williams and Eduardo Najera are out half the season, Diop is fat.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...rlotte-bobcats

I spoke a little too soon. B4E get ready to start posting Bismack's pic in the lineups.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...rlotte-bobcats

I spoke a little too soon. B4E get ready to start posting Bismack's pic in the lineups.

Best news i've heard all off season.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Me and some buds were going to try to go to the game tonight since we're all home on break, but they're not selling tickets online? I guess we could just ride up there and get them. I bet they'll be cheap.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Maggette and Ely out tonight, per Bobcats official Twitter.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Looking at our roster for this game...who and where did some of these guys come from???

Ben Uzoh
Ronald Dupree
Will Blalock
Ismai'il Mohammed
Taylor Griffin (Blake Griffin's brother)
Durrell Summers
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #9
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

kemba is a BEAST
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
kemba is a BEAST

18 pts in 19 minutes!!! 0 turnovers. The Kemba Walker era has arrived! DJ. you're a nice guy, please have a seat.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I hope TT's ankle isn't serious.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

and the score was.....
and yes it's about time for our usual season thread. Timmeh...
and btw, have a merry Christmas, everyone. I'll light the Hannukah candles for all y'all!
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #13
TarCat
I brick open layups

TarCat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
and the score was.....
and yes it's about time for our usual season thread. Timmeh...
and btw, have a merry Christmas, everyone. I'll light the Hannukah candles for all y'all!

79 - 77
TarCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #14
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

I have DISH in Raleigh...which has been Death Valley in terms of getting the Bobcats on TV. For some reason however, Monday night's game was unblocked on FSS! I don't know why...but I'm not asking any questions.

Point is...I totally forgot about digging up a link for the obvious reasons. Tomorrow night I'll make a point of PMing anyone who might need it once I run across one. Just post my name in the gamecast thread and I'll try and get you something.

On a side note...the guys in the chat over on Planet are very good with coming up with a stream. I know B4E shows up occasionally. If I can't be found for some reason that's always an option.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Spectre, I have DISH to in Goldsboro, so we probably have the same set up. I can only assume DISH is giving us a free trial of the NBA package and unblocking all the games to show us what we could have if we were nice enough to fork over the hundreds to purchase it.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: