Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #16
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rumored Matt Barkley is going to return to USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
That shouldn't be a reason anymore due to the rookie wage scale. The best bet now for young guys is to enter early, play off the rookie contract, and get to the first big contract as young as you can.

He'll get his contract, waiting one year will do nothing to his future paycheck.

He loves playing at USC and why won't you when your the starting QB for a sick program and great school. He's going to have another year with tons of players coming back to improve and do something special and possibly be the greatest USC QB of all time.. The pro's can wait another year.

Barkley is a going to be a great pro regardless if comes out or not.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #17
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
He'll get his contract, waiting one year will do nothing to his future paycheck.

He loves playing at USC and why won't you when your the starting QB for a sick program and great school. He's going to have another year with tons of players coming back to improve and do something special and possibly be the greatest USC QB of all time.. The pro's can wait another year.

In fact, he might end up being a better pro because of this.

Some athletes would rather live the college life and earn a degree than get every cent possible as soon as possible, which is refreshing.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #18
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

You know what? I forgot that he probably gets paid more from USC than if he goes pro.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #19
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You know what? I forgot that he probably gets paid more from USC than if he goes pro.

Strong username to post relevance?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #20
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The only reason this news upsets me is because he would be a great option for Washington's top 10 pick if Griffin is gone because he's who I want most.

Good for him though for wanting to get his school back in a big Bowl game and stay in college. Makes sense for him to try and claim the Heisman and get #1 draft status.

However, he would join a better team coming out this year and not lose that much money. Wish more college athletes stayed and helped their schools just out of devotion and loyalty. Luck, Griffin and Barkley are awesome on the field and have a great maturity to their off the field approach too.

WE NEED ONE OF THESE GUYS IN APRIL!!!!
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Strong username to post relevance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lYOQHUDpc8
Old 12-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #22
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

Did not watch

But Barkley doesn't seem like the guy who would take payments, he's a strong character guy.. And if he did I doubt it wouldn't be much.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #23
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
The only reason this news upsets me is because he would be a great option for Washington's top 10 pick if Griffin is gone because he's who I want most.

Good for him though for wanting to get his school back in a big Bowl game and stay in college. Makes sense for him to try and claim the Heisman and get #1 draft status.

However, he would join a better team coming out this year and not lose that much money. Wish more college athletes stayed and helped their schools just out of devotion and loyalty. Luck, Griffin and Barkley are awesome on the field and have a great maturity to their off the field approach too.

WE NEED ONE OF THESE GUYS IN APRIL!!!!

You know what? I don't think Shannan would want to risk taking a rookie QB and go through the growing pains in his make/break year. I think he would rather go after a proven NFL QB to help him win now. Maybe they go after Manning or trade for Luck?

He should have gotten someone last year especially with that strong QB class.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #24
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Does anyone else get bothered that he had this big press conference whether he was staying or not? I'm absolutely reading too much into it, but when Andrew Luck decided to stay, from what I've read, all he did was just to tell someone in their office that I'm staying and walked out.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #25
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Does anyone else get bothered that he had this big press conference whether he was staying or not? I'm absolutely reading too much into it, but when Andrew Luck decided to stay, from what I've read, all he did was just to tell someone in their office that I'm staying and walked out.
Don't lie. This is what you thought of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTeCc8jy7FI
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #26
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Don't lie. This is what you thought of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTeCc8jy7FI

I actually did think about that, announcing your decision on TV bothers me.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #27
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88

I hated it too. No need to have some big PC to make that announcement. Doesn't surprise me, though, because it's USC. It also may have been more Lane Kiffen's and the school's doing that Matt Barkley's doing.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #28
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You know what? I don't think Shannan would want to risk taking a rookie QB and go through the growing pains in his make/break year. I think he would rather go after a proven NFL QB to help him win now. Maybe they go after Manning or trade for Luck?

He should have gotten someone last year especially with that strong QB class.

A source high up in the Redskins organization (think GM status) said recently that if Peyton were made expendable, the Redskins would "be a player" in acquiring him.
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #29
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
A source high up in the Redskins organization (think GM status) said recently that if Peyton were made expendable, the Redskins would "be a player" in acquiring him.

Reminds me of

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: