Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #91
miamiman
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 30
miamiman has an OK reputation so far
Default

Don't lose the weight, instead turn that fat into muscle :)
miamiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #92
j Fresh
Local High School Star
 
j Fresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the Knickerbockers' hood ..
Posts: 1,069
j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Okay here's the deal, I'm 6 feet 2 inches tall and 230 lbs. My new years resolution is to loose weight this year. Maybe 40 lbs over the next 7 months. I play basketball every other day, but thats not enough, so im posting if anyone can help a bro out on what type of diet and exercise I should plan out. Any advice is great. Thanks.

Right..... you are "6 feet 2 inches tall" and you weight "230 lbs". Right. Here's what you need to do, go to BlockBuster and rent out some Richard Simmons tapes. Or just go to this which will help you exercise properly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC4-2b2DjEs : LMAO.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:58 PM   #93
Derek
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 643
Derek has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman
Don't lose the weight, instead turn that fat into muscle :)


230 pounds is a bit much for 6'2". If you were like 6'5", I'd say 230 is fine. You're not that overweight. You should be just fine at around 200 pounds. If you want to lose weight, here are a few things that should help:

1)Eat 3 meals a day. It might seem a bit odd, but if you eat more calories, you burn more calories.

2)Walk. No need to run and have an asthma attack in the process. Walking helps burn the calories without losing your breath.

3)Drink a lot of water. Water is essential in weight loss. If you can drink the 64 ounces that is normally suggested, or somewhere near that, that will definitely help.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #94
Hot Shot Rox
Decent playground baller
 
Hot Shot Rox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 376
Hot Shot Rox has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
230 pounds is a bit much for 6'2". If you were like 6'5", I'd say 230 is fine. You're not that overweight. You should be just fine at around 200 pounds. If you want to lose weight, here are a few things that should help:

1)Eat 3 meals a day. It might seem a bit odd, but if you eat more calories, you burn more calories.

2)Walk. No need to run and have an asthma attack in the process. Walking helps burn the calories without losing your breath.

3)Drink a lot of water. Water is essential in weight loss. If you can drink the 64 ounces that is normally suggested, or somewhere near that, that will definitely help.

I'm not that out of shape. I think pretty athletic, and my stamina is above average. I played ball in high school, and I can run 2 miles a day easily. Water, yes I'm starting to drink lots of water. I have notbeen eatin three meals, its usually 4 or 5. Well, its been 22 days I'm at 219. I'm on pace for my goal. Good luck to everyone else on here whose trying to lose weight.
Hot Shot Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:12 PM   #95
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Help on Loosing Weight

Update:

Im down to 321 from my original weight of 340 in only 22 days. I know it may seem unlikely but somehow I have dropped this much weight, I dont feel it physically yet but that should change in the next 10-15 pounds.

I hope everyone else is having as much success as I am, continued good luck!
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:57 PM   #96
Hot Shot Rox
Decent playground baller
 
Hot Shot Rox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 376
Hot Shot Rox has decent reputation
Default Re: Help on Loosing Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
Update:

Im down to 321 from my original weight of 340 in only 22 days. I know it may seem unlikely but somehow I have dropped this much weight, I dont feel it physically yet but that should change in the next 10-15 pounds.

I hope everyone else is having as much success as I am, continued good luck!

Good stuff right there. I'm down to 215 from 230 in just 31 days. People have started to notice already, and I don't know how they are because I never told them im trying to cut down and I don't see it myself physically either. But some of my pants are a lot easier to put on these days.
Hot Shot Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy