Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-03-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
fatlever
Banned

Default OT: Another Alleged Top-10 QB Is Being Exposed On National TV

Man, I just don't get it. Every year I hear the same sh*t about how so-and-so QB from said "top" program is supposed to be a top-ten pick based on how they look in games that basically amount to 7 on 7 drills.

From Brady Quinn to Brian Brohm, these draft "experts" keep telling me these guys are "franchise" QB's, but yet, these QB's struggle in big games. If they struggle in college, what do you think they'll do in the NFL? And with that, these "experts" want me to believe that Troy Smith isn't as "blue chip" as these guys because he's 6'0''. But what they fail to mention that Brohm is barely 6'2'', if that.

It's almost to the point now that certain players get opportunities to play themselves out of a a certain ranking, and others have to go above and beyond to just be looked upon in the same favorable manner.

For instance, Brady Quinn was a preseason All-American on a top-5 ranked ballclub. But yet when he struggles in the two biggest games of the year, the "experts" are now telling me Notre Dame is lacking of talent and team speed. If that was the case, then why did these very same people rank them in the top-5 in the first place?

And here this Brohm kid has been putting up insane stats against nothing but cupcake defenses...and now all of a sudden I hear if he commits, he'll be a top-15 pick? How? Who did he play that I should be impressed with? And even if his stats are legit, what makes what he did on the field any more impressive than Troy Smith?

Please someone take just a little bit of time and explain to me what I'm missing.
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:10 AM   #2
statman32
NBA Legend

how is he being exposed 2nite...its the running game thats not going

brohm so far 15/23 189 0td 0int
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:10 AM   #3
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Just give it up already. You're banned for being a jack@$$. Take your banning like a man and come back when you've learned your lesson.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:10 AM   #4
Mahmoud
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Am I Banned
Man, I just don't get it. Every year I hear the same sh*t about how so-and-so QB from said "top" program is supposed to be a top-ten pick based on how they look in games that basically amount to 7 on 7 drills.

From Brady Quinn to Brian Brohm, these draft "experts" keep telling me these guys are "franchise" QB's, but yet, these QB's struggle in big games. If they struggle in college, what do you think they'll do in the NFL? And with that, these "experts" want me to believe that Troy Smith isn't as "blue chip" as these guys because he's 6'0''. But what they fail to mention that Brohm is barely 6'2'', if that.

It's almost to the point now that certain players get opportunities to play themselves out of a a certain ranking, and others have to go above and beyond to just be looked upon in the same favorable manner.

For instance, Brady Quinn was a preseason All-American on a top-5 ranked ballclub. But yet when he struggles in the two biggest games of the year, the "experts" are now telling me Notre Dame is lacking of talent and team speed. If that was the case, then why did these very same people rank them in the top-5 in the first place?

And here this Brohm kid has been putting up insane stats against nothing but cupcake defenses...and now all of a sudden I hear if he commits, he'll be a top-15 pick? How? Who did he play that I should be impressed with? And even if his stats are legit, what makes what he did on the field any more impressive than Troy Smith?

Please someone take just a little bit of time and explain to me what I'm missing.

I agree, I think that Quinn will be a reject, but knowing the Raiders, they'll draft him anyway. That organization has gone downhill so fast its not even funny.
Mahmoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #5
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Ban!
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 AM   #6
fatlever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
Just give it up already. You're banned for being a jack@$$. Take your banning like a man and come back when you've learned your lesson.
You can't answer with intelligence, so instead you answer with ignorance. Okay.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 AM   #7
statman32
NBA Legend

lol oh geez is this hawker again...on to your 4th account lol
Old 01-03-2007, 12:16 AM   #8
fatlever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
how is he being exposed 2nite...its the running game thats not going

brohm so far 15/23 189 0td 0int
But that not top-ten worthy. So in essence, he's being exposed.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:19 AM   #9
sydneyking
Banned

It's PleezeBelieveImARetard
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:19 AM   #10
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

It's gobb.

Personally I don't see why you're banned, or care why you're banned, but for someone who harps on people having no life and toots how he much of a big shot he is and doesn't need the board, I actually think it's cruelty to animals for Jeff to ban you losers. You need Ish, you breathe Ish, Ish is your life support. Just let this clown back already.

And for the record college sports mean zilch to me. outtro
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:02 AM   #11
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Timmy Chang is the all time NCAA yardage leader and he will be lucky to pick up as job running the scout team on a no hope NFC squad. If production is a function of a system, or medicore athlete who developed his skills early, it projects poorly towards a players NFL ability.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:27 AM   #12
statman32
NBA Legend

brohm

24/34 312 yards no td/int pretty good for a bowl game and top 10 quarterback worthy...I havent seen the guy play much though but
the dude had no int against a team that has a ncaa high in picks this year...not bad
Old 01-03-2007, 01:37 AM   #13
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
brohm

24/34 312 yards no td/int pretty good for a bowl game and top 10 quarterback worthy...I havent seen the guy play much though but
the dude had no int against a team that has a ncaa high in picks this year...not bad

And Brohm got allegedly exposed? I'm not sure the great Troy Smith will put up those kind of numbers when they play Florida. That's a pretty solid game.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:47 AM   #14
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

When it comes to drafts, it's all about potential, especially at QB. It's just how the NFL works. Height is very important when it comes to QBs. A lot will come down to the workouts and the combine. Is Brohm really that short? Everywhere I've looked, he's been listed at 6'4". For GMs, 6'2" and taller is good for QBs. Anything shorter and it could definitely hurt a prospect's stock.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:11 AM   #15
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Am I Banned

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish have a terrible defense, which is why Notre Dame lost to both Michigan and USC. It has nothing to do with Quinn as an individual. He has the entire package - Size, Arm Strength, Skills plus he's been able to learn and run a pro offense from Charlie Weiss insanely well. He'll be a top 3 pick in the NFL Draft. Detroit, Cleveland or Oakland will take him, I'll guess Cleveland - Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crenell connection.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: