Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Knicks beat the Celtics 106-104

Yeah baby

I couldn't be more happier.

I thought the game was over when the C's took the lead in the 3rd quarter.We were able to come back and grab a win.

That's a great Christmas gift,beating the Celtics is priceless.

Melo played out of his mind,too bad Iman got hurt.

Once again,MELO
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knicks beat the Celtics 106-104

He fold up too fast youngster.

The Celtics are gonna make a run as an experience veteran team should.

The Knicks are a work in progress though, but talent pulled out this win.

One thing for sure......

It sure feel great to have a clutch player on the team who can will a team to a win.

Melo...enough said.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I couldn't watch the whole game but from what I saw:

- Melo is awesome (ok we all knew this even before this game)
- we definitely need some "orderly" guy in our backcourt. Let's hope it can be Baron
- In the first half I really felt that we have improved our defense, then I had to go away from the tv and next thing I know is the Celtics have come back and have an almost 10 p advantage, wtf
- Iman. He seems legit, definitely he has no fear That's a good thing, as for the rest... he can learn to improve his shot selection and decision making
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Happy about the game...sad to see Shumpert go down. I think he outplayed Douglas and made another case to be the starter.

Chandler- had 6 blocks but I can't honestly say I saw 6 blocks in that game. He played OK but he gave up a few uncontested layups.

Stat-Really played well. Played intense on D and made some really tough shots.That was a BS tech BTW

Melo-other than the foul trouble,he played a near perfect game. You can tell the Celtics came in with the mindset that they were gonna try and bully him into frustration. He kept his poise and destroyed Pavlovic and Daniels who's a good defender. If he wouldnt have gotten into foul trouble,he may have actually got the 50 pts I talked about

Fields-played his usual tough D and hustled but looked hesitant on offense. It's gradually becoming obvious we're going to have to address this position. He's best suited as 6th man.

Douglas- got KILLED by Rondo all day. I'm not even mad about the jumpshots Rondo hit. I would have let him take those. He was blowing past Toney though. I thought Toney was a good defender. Furthermore, he can't run a fast break to save his life. Then, once we were down, he didn't want the ball in his hands and was over-aiming his shots. He was wide open but couldn't get the ball out of his hands quick enough. He looked like LeBron in the Finals. He wanted no parts of the spotlight

Shumpert- shot was a bit off but he was very aggressive and confident. I liked what I saw outta him.

Balkman- actually played pretty well but didn't see much action. I like how he cuts when players are driving. It creates penetration and dish opportunities.

Jorts- waste of space

Jeffries- He hit a jumpshot! (now dont take anymore ever again) He was a liability on defense outside of his trademark 1 charge drawn.

Walker-a lil sloppy with the ball but played decent D.

Coaching- I liked our motion offense in the beginning of the game but why did we keep having Chandler setting screens so high? It was causing turnovers because now they can trap and use the backcourt and sideline as defenders. Furthermore, it looks like we still haven't chnged that immediate switch nonsense in our defense. We just created immediate mismatches like douglas on garnett.

Referee- We got the better end of it but it was TERRIBLE. Joey Crawford needs to be fired. NONE of those techs were justified.

Last edited by franchize : 12-25-2011 at 05:47 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will make a quick video of Melo's awesomeness against the Celtics.

I'll post it here when I upload it.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

No nothing the Knicks did the first half was special it was more of the Celtics ineptitude and being disorganized. They just couldnt get it together the fist half.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I couldn't watch the whole game but from what I saw:

- Melo is awesome (ok we all knew this even before this game)
- we definitely need some "orderly" guy in our backcourt. Let's hope it can be Baron
- In the first half I really felt that we have improved our defense, then I had to go away from the tv and next thing I know is the Celtics have come back and have an almost 10 p advantage, wtf
- Iman. He seems legit, definitely he has no fear That's a good thing, as for the rest... he can learn to improve his shot selection and decision making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Stat was a non-factor that pisses me off.

No half-court sets by the Knicks

Stat was trash.

Wheel chair dude would have made a huge difference.

Melo & Rondo are beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
He (meaning Stat) was atrocious defensively, didn't impact offensively, didn't rebound =horrendous

Great win none the less.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I will make a quick video of Melo's awesomeness against the Celtics.

I'll post it here when I upload it.
Apparently I have some trouble uploading the video.
I will do it first thing in the morning.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #8
redrich2000
I brick open layups

redrich2000 has no real reputation yet.

What was disappointing was the effort only lasted a quarter and half. Encouraging was we picked it up to get a tough win.

Douglas is not a PG. Once Davis is ready he and Fields should share minutes as the 2. I wonder whether we might even be better using Bibby ahead of Fields at PG.
redrich2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:47 AM   #9
percolator
I brick open layups

percolator has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Douglas- got KILLED by Rondo all day. I'm not even mad about the jumpshots Rondo hit. I would have let him take those. He was blowing past Toney though. I thought Toney was a good defender.

Do you remember the playoffs? Rondo owns Toney.
percolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:35 AM   #10
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by percolator
Do you remember the playoffs? Rondo owns Toney.

lets hope we have baron for the playoffs and not douglas
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:20 AM   #11
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
lets hope we have baron for the playoffs and not douglas
Let's just hope we will somehow miss the Celtics in the playoffs.
Douglas has big problems guarding Rondo but he does fine on other point guards.
Why ? I don't know,ask him.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:26 AM   #12
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Let's just hope we will somehow miss the Celtics in the playoffs.
Douglas has big problems guarding Rondo but he does fine on other point guards.
Why ? I don't know,ask him.
he lights up the bulls pretty good
Old 12-26-2011, 05:34 AM   #13
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well if Toney can't, then i don't see how Baron can stay with Rondo lol
maybe we should try with Iman
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:57 AM   #14
bluechox2
#knickstape

we need a 3rd veteran to come on the help with the scoring, our young guys seem lost out there, hoping baron can be that guy but he may be on and off for the rest of the season..i don't blame iman for taking 13 shots because half the time nobody else wanted to take the shot .
landry looked lost out there again.
every time bill makes a move it turns out to be a offensive foul. we really missed shawne williams 3 ball today.
balkman knows how to play against scrubs only.
jeffries hit his shot and blocked a shot and was finished for the day(still cant hit a layup if his life counted on it).
Old 12-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #15
Clutch
Stop flopping

My view of the game:

-We finally beat the Celtics. YEAH BABY
-Our transition defense sucks balls.I expect that to be addressed soon.
-We played good defense at the start but later we collapsed.In the 4th quarter we regained the composure and made timely stops,that's why we won.Electrifying Garden crowd surely helped.
-Chandler had only 3 rebounds but 6 blocks.His presence on defense was seen,even though it may not reflect on stats
-Melo was simply amazing
-Amare had an efficient game. His stroke from three looks good.I want him to improve on defense and rebounding and look for his shot more
-Douglas hit some clutch shots as well but we already found out that he's not a point guard,too many shot attempts from him
-Shumpert isn't a point guard either.He chuck way too many shots for a rookie,I hope he will heal soon but if he continues to attempt 13 shots per game then he's miles away from starting.He had some nice moves but was unable to finish them though.
-Fields - Meh,at least he doesn't chuck 15 shots per game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: