Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Getting back to Basketball

hey, i'm not sure if anyone remembers me but i used to post a lot in the raptors forum section and i used to be a really huge raptors fan. two years ago, i started to lose interest because the team fell apart and real life swamped me. now that i got my life in order, i'm actually looking to getting back to watching raptors basketball again. how is our team right now? i think this thread would show the highs and lows of our team anyways so it would'nt necessarily be spam.

let me know raptor fans.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Getting back to Basketball

good for you that you got your life back together (genuinely).. but unfortunately the team is in shambles. Not much talent on the team and our best hopes are Demar Derozan and Ed Davis who are really supporting players to me rather than main cogs. But at least the whole Bosh fiasco is over and we are legitimately in rebuilding phase. We all are here hoping for a 2nd year with a shitty record so we can pick up another high draft pick, and waiting on val to come over from Europe. welcome back.

edit: and i'm speaking for myself here. but i personally hope that Bargs and Calderon are both putting on different jersey's by years end.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

JV BABY JV just look at the highlights!
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Welcome back 88, always wondered where you ran off to.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Yeah bokes summed it up well. DeRozan, Davis and Valanciunas are what we are building around. Which isn't a good or bad thing.

We have some decent young supporting players like Amir Johnson, James Johnson and Jared Bayless.

We signed some guys to one year contracts to fill out the roster like Anthony Carter, Aaron Gray and Jamaal Magloire.

We have some veterans on long term contracts that don't seem to be part of the long term plans anymore. These guys are Calderon, Kleiza and Bargnani and as bokes said previously, I expect at least one of these guys to be traded before the conclusion of the season.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, BC is making mistake after mistake. But after all he is getting his plan done. In a couple of season we'll have a playoff team with a lineup of
Calderon/Derozan/Kleiza/Bargnani/Valanciunas.

He also signed two fan favourite candidates (McGloire and Gray) to sell more tickets.

Bayless, JJohnson, Amir and Ed Davis are trying to prove themselves as decent backups.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Yeah, BC is making mistake after mistake. But after all he is getting his plan done. In a couple of season we'll have a playoff team with a lineup of
Calderon/Derozan/Kleiza/Bargnani/Valanciunas.

He also signed two fan favourite candidates (McGloire and Gray) to sell more tickets.

Bayless, JJohnson, Amir and Ed Davis are trying to prove themselves as decent backups.

keep dreaming.

Last edited by Dr.Funk : 12-26-2011 at 05:40 PM.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Calderon/Kleiza/Bargnani

No thanks.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #9
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

thanks fellow raps fan.

i have a pretty good picture of what this team is like.. pretty much hoping for a tank. where's qw with his nesterovijk avatar that bobbles?

anyways, here's for another tanking season and hoping for development on our younger players.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
thanks fellow raps fan.

i have a pretty good picture of what this team is like.. pretty much hoping for a tank. where's qw with his nesterovijk avatar that bobbles?

anyways, here's for another tanking season and hoping for development on our younger players.

Here's what I worry about with regard to tanking:

The Raps have a pretty young group of players. While not skilled, they do have the advantages of youth - endurance, the ability to recover quicker, etc. This year, with so many games in so few days (some teams have 5 games in 6 nights!), might that work in the Raps advantage (in terms of winning... disadvantage in terms of tanking)? How many times will the Raps come up against older teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights and have an advantage not on talent, but on 'jump'?

The thought of this terrifies me.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Here's what I worry about with regard to tanking:

The Raps have a pretty young group of players. While not skilled, they do have the advantages of youth - endurance, the ability to recover quicker, etc. This year, with so many games in so few days (some teams have 5 games in 6 nights!), might that work in the Raps advantage (in terms of winning... disadvantage in terms of tanking)? How many times will the Raps come up against older teams playing their 4th game in 5 nights and have an advantage not on talent, but on 'jump'?

The thought of this terrifies me.
I have faith in the lack of talent on this team. Last year the Raptors were one of the worst defensive teams and in the bottom 1/3 of the league in offense as well. Other than possibly some internal development (Davis, Derozan, James Johnson?) this is pretty much the same team. In that first game they played against an awful team and had an incredibly good offensive game.

Quote:
where's qw with his nesterovijk avatar that bobbles?
I was actually considering switching back to that for the baseball offseason. I think it might be time...
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #12
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

our competition for the tank have the same advantage (or is it disadvantage?).

All the teams at the bottom have youth and endurance going for them so it should all even out in the end. More likely a lot will depend on injuries this year. If Tyreke evans get hurt than they will likely finish worse than us. If he stays healthy they should be better.

After watching the first two games. I have actually been pretty impressed with the team's resolve. They are playing with intensity.

I have been especially impressed with James Johnson. This guy could become one of the best defensive players in the league. He is looking like a young josh smith on the defensive end.

sadly the raps are definitely not the worst team in the league.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #13
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

JJohnson is the tank commander IMO.
And I am not sure I like the heavier Amir neither. He is stronger to fight for the rebounds, but he lost some quickness to running the floor and to complete the pick'n'rolls.

We suck big time. Cleveland is the only team I can think of that is worse than us. And this effort will be difficult to continue when we are like 2-10. No problem with the tanking.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #14
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
JJohnson is the tank commander IMO.
And I am not sure I like the heavier Amir neither. He is stronger to fight for the rebounds, but he lost some quickness to running the floor and to complete the pick'n'rolls.

We suck big time. Cleveland is the only team I can think of that is worse than us. And this effort will be difficult to continue when we are like 2-10. No problem with the tanking.

I'd also say Charlotte is worse than us.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #15
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I was at the game last night courtside section, 2nd row so I had a very close look at the action. I have to say, I am AMAZED by James Johnson's defense. He has a super high basketball IQ, almost always making the right play. He's a great man to man defender and an incredible weak side shot blocker. He rarely bites on pump fakes...it was awesome to watch.

Bargs was horrible despite his numbers. He did however get two key boards in traffic which surprised me. Bayless only looks for his shot. No way he can be a lead PG. DeRozen was ok. Silent in the first half. Amir looks huge, but he still has no offensive game.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: