Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #16
bluerap
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Getting back to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
JJohnson is the tank commander IMO.
And I am not sure I like the heavier Amir neither. He is stronger to fight for the rebounds, but he lost some quickness to running the floor and to complete the pick'n'rolls.

We suck big time. Cleveland is the only team I can think of that is worse than us. And this effort will be difficult to continue when we are like 2-10. No problem with the tanking.

Did you watch the game?
JJ was amazing on the defensive end. He had 6 steals and 3 blocks not to mention the fact he had twice as many boards as bargs.
I know he's not European but come on dude.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #17
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

I don't like the guy. He thinks that he knows more than the others and that he is the leader or something. I even watched him giving advice to Magloire.

As a player, he is not good enough to play in the NBA. I don't know what to say... he is not talented enough. Anybody can have a good game and make some stats.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #18
T-Low
College superstar

Quote:
I don't like the guy. He thinks that he knows more than the others and that he is the leader or something. I even watched him giving advice to Magloire.

As a player, he is not good enough to play in the NBA. I don't know what to say... he is not talented enough. Anybody can have a good game and make some stats.

James Johnson showed that he was one of the more efficient players with the Raps after he got traded last season. He might not be putting up huge numbers every game but he is a decent player coming off the bench. Hoffa didn't deserve to be in the NBA. JJ, does.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #19
bluerap
Good High School Starter

Quote:

This just demonstrates how little you know about bball. I don't like to make it personal but come on. How do you know what he is saying to Maglore or anyone else? Anyone can have a good game in the NBA? Are you serious?

Your posts have zero credibility.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #20
RapsFan
Great college starter

Yeah to suggest Johnson isn't very good is false. The guy is an elite defender. Very much like a young Gerald Wallace at this stage. I was incredibly impressed.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
This just demonstrates how little you know about bball. I don't like to make it personal but come on.
It's not personal... It's just that I sometimes like to answer to your stupid posts. This is a forum, isn't it?

Quote:
How do you know what he is saying to Maglore or anyone else?
Nonverbal communication, do you know what it is?

Quote:
Anyone can have a good game in the NBA? Are you serious?.
Quote:
Haddadi scored a career-high 10 points, with 8 rebounds and a block in less than 10 minutes to key a 120 run in the 4th quarter, sparking the Grizzlies to a come-from-behind victory at the Golden State Warriors on March 30, 2009.
Just something I have read today and called my attention
Old 12-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #22
bada bing
College star

Quote:

okay i am sorry but this is why this guy gets a lot of heat on this forum. Why would you post such a stupid post? He thinks he knows more than others? and you know this how? You dont think players talk to each other on the floor and offer advice and tips? Who on the raptors is talented besides a select few? And then after all this you say anyone can have a good game and make stats yet your defense for bargs for hte past few years has been his stats sheet. Your lack of knowledge and understanding of the NBA is clearly lacking. The problem is that its not improving at all either.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #23
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
okay i am sorry but this is why this guy gets a lot of heat on this forum. Why would you post such a stupid post? He thinks he knows more than others? and you know this how? You dont think players talk to each other on the floor and offer advice and tips? Who on the raptors is talented besides a select few? And then after all this you say anyone can have a good game and make stats yet your defense for bargs for hte past few years has been his stats sheet. Your lack of knowledge and understanding of the NBA is clearly lacking. The problem is that its not improving at all either.
JJ is a 24 years old kid that thinks that he is the leader and gives advice to veteran players. He is not talented. He is not athletic by NBA standards. He hasn't got any special skill. He is supposed to be a glue guy, but he isn't good at that IMO. Fighting for every ball doesn't make him a NBA player. This is my opinion. A kind of opinion that not you or bluerap can have because of your lack of basketball knowledge. This is the truth, like it or not.

Again, I am a Calderon fan, not a Bargnani fan. It may seem that I defend Bargnani because the opinion about him in this forum is ridiculously biased
against him.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #24
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
JJ is a 24 years old kid that thinks that he is the leader and gives advice to veteran players. He is not talented. He is not athletic by NBA standards. He hasn't got any special skill. He is supposed to be a glue guy, but he isn't good at that IMO. Fighting for every ball doesn't make him a NBA player. This is my opinion. A kind of opinion that not you or bluerap can have because of your lack of basketball knowledge. This is the truth, like it or not.

Again, I am a Calderon fan, not a Bargnani fan. It may seem that I defend Bargnani because the opinion about him in this forum is ridiculously biased
against him.

I think u should watch more of Johnson and maybe you'll come around. I wasn't high on him but then I realized that it was because I didn't know much about his game. The guy is a unreal athlete and his special skill is defense. He also has great shot blocking instincts and he is smart ( takes good open shots, cuts well, doesn't force offense when it isn't there).
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:44 PM   #25
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:

against him.

No special skill?

The guy is a fantastic defender and that alone makes him an NBA player.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #26
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

FCardelle, you better be trolling, or you are hands down a pound for pound dumbass.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #27
Legends66NBA7
Dinosaurs live again

I'll say it right now:

If James Johnson plays the way he is coming off the bench (should really be starting over Butler) for the majority of the season, he needs to get consideration for All-Defensive First or Second team. Maybe not LeBron level, but I can see it.

He was damn good last season on a new team. You can already see he doesn't take a play off on defense. He stays with his man, good transition defense, contests shots, gets steals, deflects passes, blocks shots, and gets rebounds. He could guard 3 positions and with his size, he could probably guard some power forwards too.

Don't sleep on this guy. He's the stopper for this team, even if he hasn't started yet (although players in the past have gotten on the All-Defensive teams coming off the bench).
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 AM   #28
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
FCardelle, you better be trolling, or you are hands down a pound for pound dumbass.
I hope it is the rest of you who are trolling when you say that JJ is a fantastic defender, a stopper or even an NBA-defensive team candidate. Or you are all-time sheep.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #29
Reef
College star

Quote:
I hope it is the rest of you who are trolling when you say that JJ is a fantastic defender, a stopper or even an NBA-defensive team candidate. Or you are all-time sheep.

Ya, everybody on this forum is delusional, except for you. You are the only one who knows the truth.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #30
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Ya, everybody on this forum is delusional, except for you. You are the only one who knows the truth.
Sorry, but anybody that thinks that JJ is a better player than Kleiza is delusional... or rather an ignorant
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: